• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

I got a “Welcome Home” email today (from Cammy, not DVC), about an AKV purchase, also says more possible weeks to finalize. What is the avg wait time after passing ROFR to seeing points in your acct?
I thought it was only a few days to a week, but it seems it’s more like weeks to another month?

I got a “Welcome Home” email today (from Cammy, not DVC), about an AKV purchase, also says more possible weeks to finalize. What is the avg wait time after passing ROFR to seeing points in your acct?
I thought it was only a few days to a week, but it seems it’s more like weeks to another month?
Document prep, a day or two from DVC Title.
Signing, which can take up to a couple of weeks if anyone uses DVC Title's free online notary (my only complaint with them so far).
Closing and recording, a day or two.
DVC gets the information, sets you up, gives you the welcome email and loads your points. 2 weeks-ish?

Last edited:

Before you even worry about Disney and them loading points you need to have the contract total closed and run through the state.

A huge variable is how long it takes the seller to return notarized docs.

Signing, which can take up to a couple of weeks if anyone uses DVC Title's free online notary (my only complaint with them so far).
DVC gets the information, sets you up, gives you the welcome email and loads your points. 2 weeks-ish?
Before you even worry about Disney and them loading points you need to have the contract total closed and run through the state.
A huge variable is how long it takes the seller to return notarized docs.
Yes, actually it was a closing email, so everything is signed and done.
So maybe another week is realistic?

Why exactly is the online notary taking weeks? On our last contract, it went quickly.

I think it took about 10 days for the contract to appear on my membership. And then the next day I used the chat feature to get the points added.
Oh so the contract showed up, but not the points right away? I'm in no rush to use the points so it's not a big deal, but just antsy. :)

Unfortunately, we also used them, so on top of a 36 day ROFR we've been told that the sellers notary appointment isn't until 6th May! I'm really not happy. This should have been disclosed by the broker.

Why exactly is the online notary taking weeks? On our last contract, it went quickly.
I'm not the right one to ask.
Unfortunately, we also used them, so on top of a 36 day ROFR we've been told that the sellers notary appointment isn't until 6th May! I'm really not happy. This should have been disclosed by the broker.
It's a title company issue not a broker issue, but I agree the wait is pretty annoying. I'm finally closing Thursday on my SSR contract that passed ROFR a couple of weeks ago, and expecting the same issue on my CCR contract that should pass ROFR any day now.

It's a title company issue not a broker issue, but I agree the wait is pretty annoying. I'm finally closing Thursday on my SSR contract that passed ROFR a couple of weeks ago, and expecting the same issue on my CCR contract that should pass ROFR any day now.
I appreciate that, but all of the contact has been with the broker until now. This is the first I've heard of it. In the same way that they disclose if it's an international buyer so notarisation may take longer, it would be nice if they mentioned that when they told me they'd picked this title company!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter