ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

But from the graphs it seems like they do take stripped contracts. I wonder if they just sit on them and use those buybacks to defend fast price drops or if they do some Disney "Magic" to get points transferred back to that contract to un-strip it

DVD can’t make up new points if they have been used.

But, as Carol said, the contract is dissolved and the points go back into the bucket for that unit.

So, if they buy a contract from Unit 1 and it has no 2024 points in it, then it doesn’t add any more 2024 points to the Unit 1 bucket.

But, as Carol said, the contract is dissolved and the points go back into the bucket for that unit.

So, if they buy a contract from Unit 1 and it has no 2024 points in it, then it doesn’t add any more 2024 points to the Unit 1 bucket.

Right, so if they are dissolving the contracts back into the pool, they can combine them with ones they bought back from a loaded contract, use some they have on hand if they have a few extra from another buyback, or if they just happen to have more than the required 2% for that resort. Kind of like them transferring points among their own contracts. I wasn't saying they would make new points out of thin air, but they are the ones with the ultimate flexibility with the points they have.

Is there any advantage to DVD to buy back a stripped contract? Another words would it be solely to prop up price point?

Right, so if they are dissolving the contracts back into the pool, they can combine them with ones they bought back from a loaded contract, use some they have on hand if they have a few extra from another buyback, or if they just happen to have more than the required 2% for that resort. Kind of like them transferring points among their own contracts. I wasn't saying they would make new points out of thin air, but they are the ones with the ultimate flexibility with the points they have.
It sounds like the points are still tied to a Unit though… even after ROFR….

Is there any advantage to DVD to buy back a stripped contract? Another words would it be solely to prop up price point?
It would really only be an advantage if the price is below a certain threshold even when adding back the missing value of the stripped points.

DVC doesn’t pay dues on properties unless there is a shortfall…. so to them the points could be worth up to $20pp as OTUP….

So they may look at a $125pp contract with no 24/25 points as a close equivalent to a contract priced at $165pp.

Only if those loaded contacts came from the same unit.

Points must balance against what was sold. They can’t move them around since it’s a deeded interest

If Unit 1 sold 100,000 points, it can never sell more than that and DVd can’t move points from one unit to another.

If The loaded contract was deeded to Unit 2, and they need those points to mix with Unit 1 to fulfill a sale, they can’t do that.

That is why one of the assumptions is that the unit a contract is attached to sometimes plays a role in what is and is not taken.

Why exactly is the online notary taking weeks? On our last contract, it went quickly.
Sorry I am late on this conversation, truth is, I was so annoyed with dvcclosings aka DVC Title & Escrow (Cammy) about our closing being delayed that I just tried to not even think about it so I stayed away from the Disboards.
I really don't believe them for a minute that it takes them 2 weeks to get you an appointment with their OWN online notary. A notary session only takes a few minutes. Really, that's just their way to give themselves more time without having people breathing down their neck and asking when you will be able to close.

I got the "passed ROFR" email and closing docs on 4/8, we signed and returned paperwork and payment on 4/9 at which point we were told the sellers had an appt for the online notary in 2 weeks and we would close on 4/24. Well, 4/24 came and went and I never received news, when I inquired on 4/25 I was told they needed to verify points in order to close and that might take a couple more days. Are you kidding me? I know I am new to this, but I have spent a good amount of time on the Disboards and have never heard of this! My theory, they're just shorthanded and they cannot process all their closings in a timely manner. They finally closed on 4/26 and recorded the deed on 4/29, that is 3 weeks from when they sent us the closing docs!

I am not happy at all with the company's performance/lack of transparency. I know there are many of us in this situation and it is very frustrating. I would've much preferred they were upfront and tell you they are running behind and won't be able to work on your closing for a couple of weeks, instead of trying to blame it on factors outside their control. Clearly they are trying to maintain the appearance of handling your closing as quickly as possible because they know people talk about it and they will be loosing business if the word gets out that they are taking too long.

So this is my story and posting here for the sake of those still deciding on what company they will use for their closing. I had done some research and at the time it seemed Cammy was very well reviewed and people were happy with their experience. But that doesn't seem to be the case currently.

Sorry I am late on this conversation, truth is, I was so annoyed with dvcclosings aka DVC Title & Escrow (Cammy) about our closing being delayed that I just tried to not even think about it so I stayed away from the Disboards.
I really don't believe them for a minute that it takes them 2 weeks to get you an appointment with their OWN online notary. A notary session only takes a few minutes. Really, that's just their way to give themselves more time without having people breathing down their neck and asking when you will be able to close.

I got the "passed ROFR" email and closing docs on 4/8, we signed and returned paperwork and payment on 4/9 at which point we were told the sellers had an appt for the online notary in 2 weeks and we would close on 4/24. Well, 4/24 came and went and I never received news, when I inquired on 4/25 I was told they needed to verify points in order to close and that might take a couple more days. Are you kidding me? I know I am new to this, but I have spent a good amount of time on the Disboards and have never heard of this! My theory, they're just shorthanded and they cannot process all their closings in a timely manner. They finally closed on 4/26 and recorded the deed on 4/29, that is 3 weeks from when they sent us the closing docs!

I am not happy at all with the company's performance/lack of transparency. I know there are many of us in this situation and it is very frustrating. I would've much preferred they were upfront and tell you they are running behind and won't be able to work on your closing for a couple of weeks, instead of trying to blame it on factors outside their control. Clearly they are trying to maintain the appearance of handling your closing as quickly as possible because they know people talk about it and they will be loosing business if the word gets out that they are taking too long.

So this is my story and posting here for the sake of those still deciding on what company they will use for their closing. I had done some research and at the time it seemed Cammy was very well reviewed and people were happy with their experience. But that doesn't seem to be the case currently.

The only piece is that a seller does not need to use the online notary and can do it quickly on their own.

So, if a seller is motivated and wants it done quickly they are in the drivers seat to get it done faster than waiting the two weeks.

The only piece is that a seller does not need to use the online notary and can do it quickly on their own.

So, if a seller is motivated and wants it done quickly they are in the drivers seat to get it done faster than waiting the two weeks.
Yes, I know. I had emailed Cammy asking if it would be possible for her to suggest to the sellers to do old fashioned notary; I even offered to pay for them to overnight the paperwork back but my request got me nowhere. 🤷‍♀️

Welcome home neighbor!

Just an FYI if you didn't know: SAB will be refurbed the first half of 2025.
Yes, I think 2025 might be a year we go elsewhere. We’re also buying at Bay Lake (contract accepted today!), which will also be refurbing rooms soon…and this is way more points than I ever wanted, but grandma wanted to come along it turned out…

We're in a similar boat, passed ROFR April 4th, signed and wired money (we're in UK - buying from UK seller) 9th April only to be told seller has online notary appointment April 30th and closing scheduled for 1st May we'll wait and see what happens this week.

It would really only be an advantage if the price is below a certain threshold even when adding back the missing value of the stripped points.

DVC doesn’t pay dues on properties unless there is a shortfall…. so to them the points could be worth up to $20pp as OTUP….

So they may look at a $125pp contract with no 24/25 points as a close equivalent to a contract priced at $
Have some news!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter