ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Is there any advantage to DVD to buy back a stripped contract? Another words would it be solely to prop up price point?
DVD's advantage could be that the contract is the correct unit they need whether stripped or loaded. Reasons why they take certain contracts over others has been speculated and debated for years. Back when ROFR was in full force, they were taking loaded, stripped, large, small, low priced, reasonably priced. It was hard to predict what they wanted with the contracts, however it did seem like lower priced contracts were taken more often.

UPDATE: Disney took back my offer!!! This was a quick ROFR just 2 weeks!! So I guess my offer was too low for them to allow this to pass, even stripped!
Just to clarify what my offer was that just got ROFR’d;

$125/pt April UY, 120 pt contract. No points for ‘24, 1 pt,’25, 120 pt.’26
Seller pays all 2024 &2025 dues, buyer paid closing, seller estoppel fee.

Last edited:
Just to clarify what my offer was that just got ROFR’d;

$120/pt April UY, 120 pt contract. No points for ‘24, 1 pt,’25, 120 pt.’26
Seller pays all 2024 &2025 dues, buyer paid closing, seller estoppel fee.
I’m so sorry that your contract got snatched. I thought about saying seller paying 2024 AND 2025 dues might make it even more attractive to Disney (who will have PLENTY of 2024/2025 points to sell soon)—but didn’t want to jinx you.

I think this suggests Disney wants to keep the average “face value” of PVB resale above $140 if they can and aren’t worried about how sophisticated buyers price contracts.

Silver lining is that you might be able to get an objectively better deal if you hunt for loaded contracts.

I’m so sorry that your contract got snatched. I thought about saying seller paying 2024 AND 2025 dues might make it even more attractive to Disney (who will have PLENTY of 2024/2025 points to sell soon)—but didn’t want to jinx you.

I think this suggests Disney wants to keep the average “face value” of PVB resale above $140 if they can and aren’t worried about how sophisticated buyers price contracts.

Silver lining is that you might be able to get an objectively better deal if you hunt for loaded contracts.
I miss typed my offer. It was $125/pt for a 120pt contract.

I miss typed my offer. It was $125/pt for a 120pt contract.
I thought I remembered you typing that earlier in the thread and assumed it was a typo… it can’t be healthy that my brain remembers most prices as they scroll through this thread but forgets most of the items on my mental grocery list just on the drive from the house to the store.

Sprinkles&Sprints---$95-$16200-150-BWV-Dec-0/22, 0/23, 246/24, 150/25- sent 4/29/24

Had pretty much ruled out 2042 resorts but at the end of the day, my love for Crescent Lake runs too deep! Really excited for this one!!

According to the pricing tool: https://www.dvcrofr.com/pricing-tool

...your price is a great deal (within the top 25% best prices). BWV prices continue to drop.

UPDATE: Disney took back my offer!!! This was a quick ROFR just 2 weeks!! So I guess my offer was too low for them to allow this to pass, even stripped!

Your contract being ROFR has very little to do with the price and more to it being stripped until 2026. The price isn’t testing anything.

You have quite the revisionist history. Again it was not that good of a deal and you were repeatedly told it was not that great of a price (even quoted myself above for proof) and that your contract would be interesting to ROFR because Disney gets to hold that contract for no dues until 2026 then turn around and sell them as shiny new Poly 2 points in the heart of selling the new resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter