ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

How did they let a $135 and $148 pass just a few weeks ago but not this? I wonder if DVD recently decided to increase the starting price and now need to push resale even higher. Cause it can’t be about buying back certain units, they won’t be selling longhouse units.

How did they let a $135 and $148 pass just a few weeks ago but not this? I wonder if DVD recently decided to increase the starting price and now need to push resale even higher. Cause it can’t be about buying back certain units, they won’t be selling longhouse units.

They are probably doing a few things
  • If they think It will sell really well initially, they could be gathering points that they know will sell instantly with very little turnaround time and a guaranteed profit.
  • Raising the resale price, which makes buying resale less attractive when you can buy direct for "just a bit more"
  • It's keeping buyers who are hungry for Poly from getting them resale and trying to push them to direct purchases instead

What an amazing deal, odd point total so any chance it’s a fixed week contract? Just curious but amazing buy 🥳

I don’t believe they introduced FWs when AKV went on sale. I think they introduced it with VGF
Aulani was the first DVC to offer FW, reportedly because it was being marketed to Japanese buyers, who were more familiar with and therefore more comfortable with FW timeshares.

If it's all part of the same association, it won't matter what unit the points come from, as they'll all be PBV points. If they buy back existing points now, they can re-sell them at the new Poly price and can sell them at that price even before the new units have been declared.

They are probably doing a few things
  • If they think It will sell really well initially, they could be gathering points that they know will sell instantly with very little turnaround time and a guaranteed profit.
  • Raising the resale price, which makes buying resale less attractive when you can buy direct for "just a bit more"
  • It's keeping buyers who are hungry for Poly from getting them resale and trying to push them to direct purchases instead
Definitely all this, but it’s just interesting to me that they’re changing their own threshold for what to ROFR, on what seems like a weekly/biweekly basis.

Last edited:
Oh Hey!!! I figured things would be buzzing here just as we have been! We're up to 12 ROFR"s on the day so far and still processing things, so more could be on the way! Here's what we know thus far:

DVC Expands ROFR Buybacks to Old Key West Resort!​

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-expands-rofr-buybacks-to-old-key-west-resort/
I think this could actually be good. Having read some threads on here on OKW, if a high percentage of owners have expiry dates at 2042, that could wreak havoc on member fees for the remaining 2057 owners. Probably best to ROFR many contracts and resell more as 2057 expiry dates to help avoid this.

Are the ROFR monster and Disney getting smarter???

It makes sense that offering a direct resort at a decent price and then ROFR'ing back points at a lower price that they can extend or unrestrict would make easy money. I just didn't expect them to actually DO IT lol. In addition to OKW I could now see them doing something similar once RIV and VDH sell out or if they decide to extend any other resort expirations

Expanding to more resorts! I wonder how much of that huge amount of money they were earmarking for the parks and cruises the ROFR monster has access to! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter