ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have September for direct points and March for resale. I spaced them 6 months apart on purpose and treat them as seperate contracts for seperate trips. Like most advice already given, when you travel most should help determine that 2nd UY.
We think alike, haha. We have April, Oct and Sept(Unicorn Aul Sub). They cover the entire year without jeopardizing any points. We need to plan vacations around kids' days off for at lease 8 more years. We also love split stays so this works for us.

We have September for direct points and March for resale. I spaced them 6 months apart on purpose and treat them as seperate contracts for seperate trips. Like most advice already given, when you travel most should help determine that 2nd UY.
I am SO glad you posted this. That is EXACTLY what I had considered doing. Keeping my direct points on the December UY and then finding JUNE or something possible for resale. Thank you so much for sharing that!

depends on your needs… we have 3 littles right now so the school schedule will drive our vacations for the next 20 years. We liked the idea of February or September because we would most likely travel anytime in between and I didn’t want to mix up vacations from one year to the next based on my UY. I didn’t like the idea of December because it messed with my head that 2022 points are really 2023 points and so on
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha! It messes with my brain ALL. THE. TIME. even after 12 years of owning a Dec UY.

Yay! Hopefully they are done buying Epcot resorts.
I noticed Suzicute(sp) had a bwv pass at a similar price this week as well. Hopefully that means you are correct. We were already second guessing and figuring out our plan B. Thankfully, we don't have to worry on that. Now I just need to get home to sign the docs and send in payment. No points for a while, so the rest of the wait isn't a big deal at this point.

I noticed Suzicute(sp) had a bwv pass at a similar price this week as well. Hopefully that means you are correct. We were already second guessing and figuring out our plan B. Thankfully, we don't have to worry on that. Now I just need to get home to sign the docs and send in payment. No points for a while, so the rest of the wait isn't a big deal at this point.

The BWV news these past few days keeps upping my hope - submitted 2/18 this stinks waiting. First two contracts were Poly so I had no real fear of them being taken - this is a whole different ballgame lol.

The BWV news these past few days keeps upping my hope - submitted 2/18 this stinks waiting. First two contracts were Poly so I had no real fear of them being taken - this is a whole different ballgame lol.
My deal was for $137 a point for 150 points no points until 2023. I’m not sure if it will go through but I’m trying to remain hopeful.

ncgator---$79-$14060-150-HH-Oct-0/21, 300/22, 150/23- sent 3/8

My first non-December use year contact (goodbye to the simple life)! We loved the Hilton Head Resort when we visited in the winter, so looking forward to being able to use this contract for some summer stays. It’s only a 5 hour drive, so will be great for long weekend trips.
I’m still on the hunt for a HHI contract- Disney took my last one in ROFR and now I’m determined to find a better one (though running out of time if I want to make reservations for summer 2023).

I’m still on the hunt for a HHI contract- Disney took my last one in ROFR and now I’m determined to find a better one (though running out of time if I want to make reservations for summer 2023).
what happened to Aulani? or BLT? 🤣

Let the waiting begin!
dboules---$192-$12179-60-BCV-Dec-0/20, 104/21, 38/22, 60/23- sent 3/9
This is my first resale. We own direct with a June use year at BR - 210 pts and AKL - 2 - 50 pts contracts
I have been hunting a June use year small contract Beach Club and missed a couple then nothing for a long time.
I will be learning the two use year ways but since we only want to use these BCV points at the BCV it should be easier to keep them separate.

UPDATE: I rescinded the resale as I was within my 10 day period when the unicorn of a couple small contract with a June UY came along. I am now in ROFR as of today with 2 small contracts.

dboules---$195-$5092.75-25-BCV-Dec-0/20, 0/21, 37/22, 25/23- sent 3/16
dboules---$190--$10153.25-50-BCV-Dec-0/20, 0/21, 62/22, 50/23- sent 3/16

Last edited:
depends on your needs… we have 3 littles right now so the school schedule will drive our vacations for the next 20 years. We liked the idea of February or September because we would most likely travel anytime in between and I didn’t want to mix up vacations from one year to the next based on my UY. I didn’t like the idea of December because it messed with my head that 2022 points are really 2023 points and so on
I've been debating doing the same thing. I have a 200 point March use year (SSR resale). Basically the only time we don't go is January/February. March works great for spring and summer, and even up to November (because if I cancelled a November trip early enough to not be in holding it should still be early enough to be in my banking window...) I also would like to add on but can't decide if I should stick to March to keep things simple or maybe add a different use year to cover November/December... I'm also super tempted by the VGF2 prices right now for a direct purchase. Or maybe it's just FOMO. But I am not good at booking that far in advance so IDK if it would even be worth it for me to spend the money on those points...

I've been debating doing the same thing. I have a 200 point March use year (SSR resale). Basically the only time we don't go is January/February. March works great for spring and summer, and even up to November (because if I cancelled a November trip early enough to not be in holding it should still be early enough to be in my banking window...) I also would like to add on but can't decide if I should stick to March to keep things simple or maybe add a different use year to cover November/December... I'm also super tempted by the VGF2 prices right now for a direct purchase. Or maybe it's just FOMO. But I am not good at booking that far in advance so IDK if it would even be worth it for me to spend the money on those points...
If you like to go during the holidays fall/winter or you enjoy split stays. A September/October UY makes sense. Do you have enough points now and enough for your growing needs? We started out with all October UY because we travel mostly in April and November. Then addonitis hit, what about if we want a quick trip during summer. April UY came in the picture. We don’t like Florida heat, summer trips wouldn’t be more than 3-4 days long.

If you like to go during the holidays fall/winter or you enjoy split stays. A September/October UY makes sense. Do you have enough points now and enough for your growing needs? We started out with all October UY because we travel mostly in April and November. Then addonitis hit, what about if we want a quick trip during summer. April UY came in the picture. We don’t like Florida heat, summer trips wouldn’t be more than 3-4 days long.
We are opposite of you, lol. We like to do longer 1BR trips in the spring and summer (I have 2 kids so we are tied to school breaks and we don't really mind the heat in August). Eventually I'll probably add on to my March, but we actually got 400 points for our 2022 use year so we should have some extra to bank for a few years. Since the kids are in school we tend to do a long weekend somewhere in the October-December range so I think a 50-75 point contract would be good enough for that and I think I'd like one of the MK area resorts since they are tough to book at the 7 month window around the holidays. That makes the current GF incentives appealing because its less expensive than the other MK resorts and is even approaching the same cost as resale. But if I want a new use year I'd have to buy 150 points if I went direct which is more points than I need. So do I pull the trigger on 150 points direct at GF or just stalk the resale market for a nice small contract with a later use year and maybe the GF resale costs will start to drop... I don't care about the blue card really but being able to book at Riviera would be nice... I really didnt expect the Addonitis to be this soon...I jut got my membership ID in January lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter