• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention, you guys are probably savvier than most and know what the value of the resorts are. There are probably plenty of people out there who bought resale at a much higher rate because they only know it’s still cheaper than direct.
I do think there are some brokers out there who really don’t care about their clients and aren’t helping them put together a decent offer. I see some listings on websites where I am shocked that they are offering it so low.

I do think there are some brokers out there who really don’t care about their clients and aren’t helping them put together a decent offer. I see some listings on websites where I am shocked that they are offering it so low.

Could be on to something here. Although it could also be that some of those listings are a little older now and we are seeing an increase in ROFR forcing prices upwards. Could also be that some folks just want to offload their points and from the seller's point of view ROFR isn't a bad thing.

mine went in on the 21st and if I don’t hear anything on Monday, then I will be extremely nervous. It seems like if it’s not on Monday, it’s not passing

My BWV contract went to ROFR on March 17th, so I will hopefully hear something tomorrow or Friday. I am not optimistic it has a chance at all of passing.

Edit: February 17th, not March. Sorry!

Could be on to something here. Although it could also be that some of those listings are a little older now and we are seeing an increase in ROFR forcing prices upwards. Could also be that some folks just want to offload their points and from the seller's point of view ROFR isn't a bad thing.
But exactly that! Why tell your client to put out a contract much lower than you know it will get gobbled up either by another person or Disney? Wouldn’t that help your commission either way?

but yes, I’m sure no one was expecting the prices to jump so exponentially for some of these resorts. Old Key West has appreciated so much in just a year. I’m kicking myself for not going for one back then.

My BWV contract went to ROFR on March 17th, so I will hopefully hear something tomorrow or Friday. I am not optimistic it has a chance at all of passing.

Edit: February 17th, not March. Sorry!
From the trends I’ve seen in the last two months, you don’t want to hear from them tomorrow or Friday. Do you want to hear from them on Monday. You want to hear that they passed on it :-)

Our second attempt at boardwalk went in Feb 18 and I am waiting on them to take it, at which point we will be buying direct at riviera or Saratoga.

Our second attempt at boardwalk went in Feb 18 and I am waiting on them to take it, at which point we will be buying direct at riviera or Saratoga.

I get it. We did the opposite and bought RIV direct first, and now are trying to get either a BWV or OKW contract at a reasonable price. So far, our definition of "reasonable" hasn't matched DVC's. :-)

We did buy direct at SSR while waiting for our other contract which didn't pass. It's SO EASY to buy direct (except for the cost thing. LOL)

ROFR got you down? Why not avoid it altogether with one of these great foreign owned contracts?! (Psst...we've never seen contracts owned by foreign nationals get ROFRd.)

Just received an email from my broker lol

ROFR got you down? Why not avoid it altogether with one of these great foreign owned contracts?! (Psst...we've never seen contracts owned by foreign nationals get ROFRd.)

This will be my next approach if DVC snaps up the contracts that I currently have in ROFR. Those can be few and far between, though.

Just received an email from my broker lol
Can I ask why? Why do they not get taken?

This leads me to a question…

what can Disney do with these resales they purchase? Do they add points? Change use year? Or is it a legal entity that remains as is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter