ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right about offering above the safe line, but the miser in me won't let me not negotiate a great deal! If Disney were consistent in their floor for ROFR, it would be pretty easy but when the spread between what they take and let go is $25-$30, it is maddening.
Exactly! Like, to me, our $125 BWV is almost impossible - however, I've seen some come through for other resorts that I was like - whoa! How did that pass?? So who knows.....? It's all a crap shoot at this point, it seems!

Ok, I'm following... so - if you were just getting into DVC with all of your current wisdom - what would you do? I'm already considering buying smaller contracts (as suggested by a previous veteran) but any other ideas? There are so many things that you just don't know if you've never owned. I really want BWV, however, the 20 year exp date just hits wrong.... So we were thinking about just getting a larger number of points at SS so that we could afford the 1 BR at the 7 month mark for it..... ?? But then also thought about having a small 100 pt contract direct at BWV so we could book the studio for F&W.

We have SSR and AKL as home resorts. We stay at BWV (in a studio) every year in Oct for Food & Wine. I always log in right at 7 months at 8am and usually they are not available. BUT....some people book out further and then drop off the earlier dates of their trip. So, it never has failed....for about 2-4 days after, I just keep checking the site. I just did this last week. And sure enough it opened up and we are booked for a weekend at BWV in a studio Boardwalk View for October.

I honestly don't know. Up until two weeks ago, I would have said "SSR resale," and it would have been easy. But this latest price increase and the inflation of the ROFR floor makes me nervous.

If I were brand new, I'd probably be looking for one of the following (not necessarily in order):

1. SSR, OKWe, or AKV resale with an amazing price and an international seller
2. Aulani subsidized
3. Some kind of crazy direct incentives that get price per point down to like ~$170.
1. Yes, that international seller is something I was going to look for on our next round...
2. I don't think we want Aulani just because of the dues... Seems like a great deal until around year 10 or so.
3. We'll see what Thursday brings. Those initial VGF incentives for members were awesome. I highly doubt non-members will get anything close to that. Any thoughts on what the non-member incentives will be come Thursday? You think they'll be the same as the current member incentives?

We will see the prices for VGF2 in a couple days. According to my guide, they did record breaking sales in the first two weeks in DVC history. Possibly they will jump on the price increase right away. I think they really would like to sell RIV and Aulani than VGF2.

We have SSR and AKL as home resorts. We stay at BWV (in a studio) every year in Oct for Food & Wine. I always log in right at 7 months at 8am and usually they are not available. BUT....some people book out further and then drop off the earlier dates of their trip. So, it never has failed....for about 2-4 days after, I just keep checking the site. I just did this last week. And sure enough it opened up and we are booked for a weekend at BWV in a studio Boardwalk View for October.
Ah! So good to know!!! Thank you. That definitely gives me some hope. I cannot wait to just be a member so I can log in and play around with availability and options. I think having a better understanding of how availability shifts might help guide us one direction or the other. I actually do like SS and OKW and feel like we will likely stay there some but also know we don't have to book at 11 months.

We will see the prices for VGF2 in a couple days. According to my guide, they did record breaking sales in the first two weeks in DVC history. Possibly they will jump on the price increase right away. I think they really would like to sell RIV and Aulani than VGF2.
Yea, I'm not surprised about that breaking records.... Those were some great deals! Especially when VGF was selling on resale for $200pp!

I really don’t think they care which resort they sell, as long as the sales are there.

I can’t wait to see how VGF stacks up against RIV for new buyers.

Ah! So good to know!!! Thank you. That definitely gives me some hope. I cannot wait to just be a member so I can log in and play around with availability and options. I think having a better understanding of how availability shifts might help guide us one direction or the other. I actually do like SS and OKW and feel like we will likely stay there some but also know we don't have to book at 11 months.
Pool and garden view is much easier. Standard rooms are still better value even with BWV points instead of using other home resorts points for pool and garden rooms. I see standard 2 bedroom is booked solid and points are really low compared to anything else.

Thanks to @pangyal for keeping this ROFR thread going. Every week, she sorts through this thread and pulls out all the good ROFR information, so for sake of her sanity, could we please keep the topic on all things ROFR.

If you have questions about UY or any other non-ROFR topics, please start a new thread.

Looks like the resale market is about to change and with the direct prices rising, Disney may be willing to buy more contracts back and quickly flip them for smaller returns each time

The points are spread across CCV and VGF, with some at Aulani as well, and are a mix of direct and resale, since I value the ability to book Riviera and other new resorts down the line. All the contracts are 200 points or less for the exact reason you mentioned…ease of resale should I ever decide to sell. Those larger point contracts can be cheaper per point, but ultimately difficult to unload.
I feel like I’m missing something when it comes to multiple contracts… is this a disposable income with where we are just paying $20k a year in dues across numerous contracts? Or renting some points out to cover annual dues? My brain can’t make the math make sense.

I feel like I’m missing something when it comes to multiple contracts… is this a disposable income with where we are just paying $20k a year in dues across numerous contracts? Or renting some points out to cover annual dues? My brain can’t make the math make sense.
We have multiple contracts. We purchased this way to make transferring into our kids easier when that time comes. It also allowed us to have somewhat smaller contracts that if at any point we had to sell we could do so a little easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter