ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few accepted offers are going down. DVC resale market says $151 was average for BCV for December, but most new listings are still well over $160. I think some sellers are not dealing in reality right now.
Maybe most of them are just testing waters - trying for a random good price bite - else wait it out!

A few accepted offers are going down. DVC resale market says $151 was average for BCV for December, but most new listings are still well over $160. I think some sellers are not dealing in reality right now.
I would expect to see the prices to go even lower in the next couple of months when the sellers start accepting the reality that higher interest rates and talk of a recession are impacting a luxury purchase such as a DVC timeshare. You are already seeing contacts sitting for months now along with prices being reduced. Way more sellers than buyers at the moment.

I would expect to see the prices to go even lower in the next couple of months when the sellers start accepting the reality that higher interest rates and talk of a recession are impacting a luxury purchase such as a DVC timeshare. You are already seeing contacts sitting for months now along with prices being reduced. Way more sellers than buyers at the moment.
Yup. It’s been a while since I’ve seen 785 contracts for sale on the board sponsor 😮

DixieBri--$158-$20,427-125--VGF-Feb-0/22, 250/23,125/24- sent 1/5

DixieBri--$158-$20,427-125-VGF-Feb-0/22, 250/23,125/24- sent 1/5

Not a duplicate - two contracts bought from the same seller. Also just had an offer accepted for $130 on BCV - just need to sign the contract today and then will update - hopefully passes ROFR!

Last edited:

Love seeing all these great resale deals ...until I need to become a seller lol.

If Disney does not start ROFR on some more Resorts, prices will continue to decline in my opinion. My prediction, no 2042 resort will be taken except for some OKW, my guess is because they resell direct with 2057 expiration, which means the only resorts that will ROFR in 2023 are:

AKL
BLT
CC
OKW
SSR
outside chance some VGC (but they haven't in awhile)

Total safe VGF cuz GF2 points still selling, RIV, Aulani

Probably continue to be safe Poly, since P2 is coming 2024

Did I miss anyone?

Love seeing all these great resale deals ...until I need to become a seller lol.

If Disney does not start ROFR on some more Resorts, prices will continue to decline in my opinion. My prediction, no 2042 resort will be taken except for some OKW, my guess is because they resell direct with 2057 expiration, which means the only resorts that will ROFR in 2023 are:

AKL
BLT
CC
OKW
SSR

Did I miss anyone?
Where would you place the purchase price for ROFR for those 5 resorts

I have 3 of them on my consideration list

AKL
BLT
CC
OKW
SSR

Did I miss anyone?
I think ROFR mostly depends on the demand for direct and rack rate. If the demand for those weren't there, there would really be no need for Disney to buy back since they would be sitting on a bunch of points. With three actively selling resorts and soon to be 4th and 5th with VDH and Poly2, I'm not sure there are enough people to absorb all these points, especially at current direct prices. All-the-while, resale listings continue to grow with fewer people looking to buy, at least in the near term. Yes, I agree with you that prices will continue to decline, except for direct, which keeps going up, inevitably leading resale prices to go up. Something's gotta give.
Where would you place the purchase price for ROFR for those 5 resorts

I have 3 of them on my consideration list
AKL - $120pp
BLT - $155pp
CC - $158pp
OKW and SSR - I don't think they'll ROFR much, since DVC is running direct promotions on them.
VGC - $200pp

All just guesses.

My best pricing is based on 2022 having full banked from 21 and full 22 points, aka the MAX possible.

AKL Buyers want under $115 ...if they start ROFR again, they could support at $110
BLT have not been following so no knowledge
CC have not been following so no knowledge
OKW (2042) Buyers want under $95 ...if they start ROFR again, they could support at $90
SSR Buyers want under $105 ...if they start ROFR again, they could support at $100

I think ROFR mostly depends on the demand for direct and rack rate. If the demand for those weren't there, there would really be no need for Disney to buy back since they would be sitting on a bunch of points. With three actively selling resorts and soon to be 4th and 5th with VDH and Poly2, I'm not sure there are enough people to absorb all these points, especially at current direct prices. All-the-while, resale listings continue to grow with fewer people looking to buy, at least in the near term. Yes, I agree with you that prices will continue to decline, except for direct, which keeps going up, inevitably leading resale prices to go up. Something's gotta give.

AKL - $120pp
BLT - $155pp
CC - $158pp
OKW and SSR - I don't think they'll ROFR much, since DVC is running direct promotions on them.
VGC - $200pp

All just guesses.
Thanks

We are all just guessing

minorthr---$111-$14138-110-AUL-Apr-0/21, 110/22, 220/23, 110/24-seller MF '23 & closing subsidized dues- sent 1/9
Damn that’s a great price for a sub dues small contract. I struggled finding anything with sub dues in April UY let alone one with that good of a price 🥲

Damn that’s a great price for a sub dues small contract. I struggled finding anything with sub dues in April UY let alone one with that good of a price 🥲
Thanks I honestly thought the price was a mistake but I submitted the offer at ask with them paying the dues and closing figuring they'd reject one or both of those and the broker emailed me and said they accepted :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter