ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... Thank you ROFR lady! You just never know. I was fully prepared for this to be taken. Happy dance time :banana:

MrWonderful---$125-$13983-100-BLT-Aug-0/22, 133/23, 100/24- sent 2/9, passed 2/23

(Note: I'm pretty sure the was sent prior to 2/9, but I had to ask for an update and that was the date provided. The contract was signed by all parties on 2/1)

We need to make our payment tonight too, who/how did you do the transfer? I use Wise to wire money to my brother, was going to use them but just remembered you posted and thought it worth an ask!
If you mean a deposit - talk to your salesperson about using a credit card. If you are talking about a final payment, escrow is VERY fussy about exactly what kind of Wires are acceptable - so you'll want to verify if the wire you want to use will work before sending. Just as an IMPORTANT side-note, if you are wiring money, you'll usually get those instructions (bank and account number etc.) by email and most emails can be hacked. Always call a number you KNOW is the Escrow/Title (ie: not in that same, possibly fake email) to verify the numbers before wiring. Wire Fraud is money gone forever, and very real.

Well... Thank you ROFR lady! You just never know. I was fully prepared for this to be taken. Happy dance time :banana:

MrWonderful---$125-$13983-100-BLT-Aug-0/22, 133/23, 100/24- sent 2/9, passed 2/23

(Note: I'm pretty sure the was sent prior to 2/9, but I had to ask for an update and that was the date provided. The contract was signed by all parties on 2/1)

Great deal

That is exactly the ideal contract for the second contract I want to purchase. I am following the listings but will not bid until I receive a payment I am waiting for.

Do you mind letting me know who the broker was and what it was originally listed for?

Thanks

Holy cr@p we're getting close. Ours went over on 2/10...😨

Just an fyi for those of you working with Fidelity and waiting on Aulani contracts in ROFR;

Aulani contract submitted to ROFT 1/17. I reached out to our broker on 2/7 to check in as contracts have been passing quickly. She said it had just passed that morning, and estoppel issued at the same time. I reached out to her again a few days ago as we have still not received closing documents, which I thought was odd, as it's been almost 2 weeks since we passed ROFR. She informed me that First American in Hawaii does not start the closing doc process until ROFR is passed, and it could take 2-3 weeks to get closing docs after passing ROFR! We've worked with this title office before on a few other Aulani contracts and have received closing docs in less than a week, sometimes just a few days. To complicate things further, today we received an email from Fidelity saying that our contract had passed ROFR and that the title company would be taking over from here...2 weeks after it actually passed ROFR. There is some major disconnect between departments at Fidelity.

Wanted to provide my experience in case anyone else is left befuddled by Fidelity.
I have heard weird things about First American and Hawaii tile recordation. They're the biggest title insurance company in the US by a large margin, yet they are only like the 3rd or 4th largest in the Islands. I had also heard they they shop out work to other local agencies as well. All just rumor mill stuff of course.

ME TOO!! Tomorrow could be our day o_O
Ours went 2/15 and I thought for sure it was going to be 2 weeks into March until we heard but MAYBE itll be before the money even ends at this pace.

I wonder if its because there just isn't as much selling...so they are moving multiple days at a time.

As mine was one of the 22 OKW dirt cheap contracts that all popped up on Fidelity at once (same seller), I am curious to see what the ROFR lady says about them and if it will be a blood bath of sorrow on here in the next few days...

Ours went 2/15 and I thought for sure it was going to be 2 weeks into March until we heard but MAYBE itll be before the money even ends at this pace.

I wonder if its because there just isn't as much selling...so they are moving multiple days at a time.
Definitely! We thought we'd be way into March too before we heard. Its all so exciting! 😍

As mine was one of the 22 OKW dirt cheap contracts that all popped up on Fidelity at once (same seller), I am curious to see what the ROFR lady says about them and if it will be a blood bath of sorrow on here in the next few days...
I just looked at your contract and holy macaroni!!! I would have snapped up one of them. What a find!

So is mine, but honestly if it gets taken... I'm ok with it. Other resorts have fallen to the point where I'd be ok with looking for another. But honestly, they'll pass. Disney doesn't have the cash to spend.

So is mine, but honestly if it gets taken... I'm ok with it. Other resorts have fallen to the point where I'd be ok with looking for another. But honestly, they'll pass. Disney doesn't have the cash to spend.

I was going through my crazy amounts of research and have been looking through the deed records of DVC and you can find out which ones Disney has bought back.

It looks like they bought back a 160pt SSR contract for $100/pt. Also, the last contract my seller sold was ROFRd in late January for SSR. I am probably making a bigger deal than it needs to be but now im nervous with my 171pt SSR contract for $95/pt.

Should have spent more time reading - looks like a ton of foreclosures. Only true ROFRs look to be some CCV and one BLT

Last edited:
I just looked at your contract and holy macaroni!!! I would have snapped up one of them. What a find!
I'm not being a Donny Downer, but those contracts have to be pushing the lowest limit for ROFR at OKW, so we shall see. Fortunately, I just grabbed one to add some buffer points to add to other contracts (basically SAP), and it's a small contract, so no big deal if it gets snapped up.

Until it does, ]and you can all bathe in my tears of rejection.

I'm not being a Donny Downer, but those contracts have to be pushing the lowest limit for ROFR at OKW, so we shall see. Fortunately, I just grabbed one to add some buffer points to add to other contracts (basically SAP), and it's a small contract, so no big deal if it gets snapped up.

Until it does, ]and you can all bathe in my tears of rejection.
Same here, just SAPs and a small contact. Now that i know we're within a day or so of hearing I'll be stalking the thread nonetheless. Lol

😭 I could have BLT for what I paid for SSR 1.5 years ago!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter