ROFR Thread January - March 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has passed and what has been taken has been so weird lately, I am really starting to believe in the unit number theory....it is the only thing I can see that makes sense.

DP58---$70-$17311-220-OKW-Oct-0/15, 118/16, 220/17, 220/18- sent 2/7, taken 3/1
I had a feeling it was going, at least I'm out of my misery
That sucks!!!! I was waiting to see how it turned out for you!!!! Sorry to hear that!! Good luck with your next one!!!

I'm losing any hope that I have for my contract which is currently under review, I think we will switch to looking at AKL if this one is taken

I'm losing any hope that I have for my contract which is currently under review, I think we will switch to looking at AKL if this one is taken

So am I. :sad2: And I've been looking around for replacements but inventory is dwindling right now. It's depressing!!

Done a little research and no contract with a Feb use year has been taken as of yet according to this thread and Resale Markets ROFR report, maybe all hope is not yet lost (touch wood)

Done a little research and no contract with a Feb use year has been taken as of yet according to this thread and Resale Markets ROFR report, maybe all hope is not yet lost (touch wood)
I think use year and unit # have a lot to do with it.

I'm noticing the same, it seems like there are a tonne less options then there was even a month ago
I agree, i bid on a contract that has the right use year for me but more points than I really need (but secretly want)

They took it yesterday :sad:.

Lan D ---$84-$14096-150-SSR-Dec- 300/16, 150/17, 150/18 - sent 2/4, taken 2/28
You waited even longer than me! (2/7) Disney had a huge buy back yesterday! Greedy mouse!!!

What has passed and what has been taken has been so weird lately, I am really starting to believe in the unit number theory....it is the only thing I can see that makes sense.
The unit number/use year makes the most sense. I've had 2 contracts taken so far and I don't know the unit # of either. How do we find this out?

Very interesting, a huge makeover? It will be due a standard type refurbished maybe in a few years? Anyone else heard this?
I like the comment from the rep that they are losing value because they are being sold so cheap. Translate to "It's making it difficult to sell at $176 a point"! I feel for you guys waiting a long time now, seems I snuck in just before this SSR (and OKW?) ROFR frenzy we are hearing about.
I'd have maybe considered a small Copper Creek add on, but that is also going for 176 and have you seen the maintenence fees? I suspect these resale SSR contracts for those that get them will be judged to be very good value.....
They were definitely trying to get us to buy direct and not resale.

They took it yesterday :sad:.

Lan D ---$84-$14096-150-SSR-Dec- 300/16, 150/17, 150/18 - sent 2/4, taken 2/28
Sorry to hear :( we are still waiting from 2/3 for an SSR with no points until December 2018 at $75pp for 160 pts. I'm not too hopeful at this point.. but why can't I be put out of my misery too! Good luck on your hunt for SSR if you continue!

The unit number/use year makes the most sense. I've had 2 contracts taken so far and I don't know the unit # of either. How do we find this out?
Hmmm....it might be on the purchase contract, or it might just be on the deed. But, either way, you won't know what leftover points Disney currently has, and what unit numbers they are looking for.

What is the unit number theory can I ask?
The idea that Disney cannot re-package points as they desire, because only one unit number can be on a deed. So...say that Disney has someone wanting to add-on a 100 pt contract at BCV for a Jan use year. Disney finds one that has 150 points and ROFR's it. They are left with 50 points in that unit, that UY. Say, the next person on their list wants to add on 100 points (same UY). Disney cannot just find a 50 point contract with the same UY, because then the deed would have two different unit numbers on it. They need to find another contract coming thru with that same unit number, so they can combine the contracts. So, if a 50 point contract comes thru with the same unit number, even if it is a few dollars more per point than others, it helps DVC get did of 50 points that they are sitting on.

Sounds like the limits on repackaging points could explain some of the craziness on what gets taken, and what does not.

The idea that Disney cannot re-package points as they desire, because only one unit number can be on a deed. So...say that Disney has someone wanting to add-on a 100 pt contract at BCV for a Jan use year. Disney finds one that has 150 points and ROFR's it. They are left with 50 points in that unit, that UY. Say, the next person on their list wants to add on 100 points (same UY). Disney cannot just find a 50 point contract with the same UY, because then the deed would have two different unit numbers on it. They need to find another contract coming thru with that same unit number, so they can combine the contracts. So, if a 50 point contract comes thru with the same unit number, even if it is a few dollars more per point than others, it helps DVC get did of 50 points that they are sitting on.

Sounds like the limits on repackaging points could explain some of the craziness on what gets taken, and what does not.
Wow, it sounds crazy but it must be that or something similar. It's the only thing that makes the randomness make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter