ROFR Thread January - March 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...so I have stalked this thread religiously but thought I would jinx myself if I posted until I knew for sure! I am so thrilled this went through with all the buybacks lately!

softballmom3---$85-$9060-100-SSR-Feb-4/16, 100/17, 100/18- sent 2/15, passed 3/2
Congrats!!

I wonder how big a difference it makes to Disney when the buyer is paying closing costs and MF's for the points they are purchasing that will be available. That means more money upfront from Disney to buy the property, so I would have to think it does matter.
Wondering this too, mine has all 2017 points but the seller is paying the dues.

It matters only in terms of final price vs. their calculated value of the contract. In other words, all they do is look at how much you're paying vs. how much you're getting. Moving numbers around has no effect.

Example: You buy 100 points @ $100/point and there are $2000 in dues for current UY. If you negotiate the price to $80/point and pay the dues, that's the exact same thing as paying $100/point and the seller covering dues. Mathematically, it's 80*100+2000 = $10,000 for the first option, and 100*100+0 = $10,000 for the second. Same result. It's a meaningless, psychological difference only.

It matters only in terms of final price vs. their calculated value of the contract. In other words, all they do is look at how much you're paying vs. how much you're getting. Moving numbers around has no effect.

Example: You buy 100 points @ $100/point and there are $2000 in dues for current UY. If you negotiate the price to $80/point and pay the dues, that's the exact same thing as paying $100/point and the seller covering dues. Mathematically, it's 80*100+2000 = $10,000 for the first option, and 100*100+0 = $10,000 for the second. Same result. It's a meaningless, psychological difference only.
In other words, I probably made a mistake by asking the seller to pay the dues.

Varina---$79-$13165-160-SSR-Apr-49/16, 160/17, 160/18- sent 2/15

Just found out we PASSED!!!! Closing will be in approximately 3 weeks! I am so excited to become a DVC member! Best of luck to everyone else in the waiting game!

Here is my new string...
Varina---$79-$13165-160-SSR-Apr-49/16, 160/17, 160/18- sent 2/15, passed 3/2

I was very nervous waiting for this, especially with the apparent pattern of taking so much SSR - so much so that I succumbed to superstition and didn't post the submission note, but - we passed!!

Bill Fenner---$76-$25283-300-SSR-Jun-0/16, 300/17, 300/18- sent 2/10, passed 3/2

Not what I said at all. :) You'll find out soon enough, don't worry!

I see what you're saying. I wanted to make it attractive enough for us, but not so attractive that Disney couldn't help themselves but take it! I guess time will tell if my logic worked out.

I was very nervous waiting for this, especially with the apparent pattern of taking so much SSR - so much so that I succumbed to superstition and didn't post the submission note, but - we passed!!

Bill Fenner---$76-$25283-300-SSR-Jun-0/16, 300/17, 300/18- sent 2/10, passed 3/2

Congrats!! So glad to see so many people getting passes today!

I see what you're saying. I wanted to make it attractive enough for us, but not so attractive that Disney couldn't help themselves but take it! I guess time will tell if my logic worked out.
Somehow Disney rarely drops the ball when it's in their financial interest. Funny how that works. ;)

Not what I said at all. :) You'll find out soon enough, don't worry!
I mean I thought I could get a good deal by keeping price per point at asking and get seller to pay MF. I figured Disney only looked at PPP and didn't factor in the other costs.

You're really jumping in with both feet ;)! Best of luck :)!

I figure if I don't get one I could get the other, worst case scenario I get both of them. In which case I get to go to Disney more often. Plus, 300 points is better than 100 points, even if we have to go on a budget.

I figure if I don't get one I could get the other, worst case scenario I get both of them. In which case I get to go to Disney more often. Plus, 300 points is better than 100 points, even if we have to go on a budget.

You can go through 300 points quickly staying in a bigger place. :) We like 2-bedroom units and are only a family of 4. A good friend of mine said, "I don't go on vacation to pay to be less comfortable than I am at home." I like his logic. ;)

Others prefer studios for more days or more trips within a year. To each his own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter