ROFR Thread January - March 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an offer accepted on a contract I know is overpriced for OKW. I haven't signed the contract yet, its for $80/point for 223, with 68/16, 223/17, 223/18. What do you guys think? (I lost the last 2 contracts so now, I just want it over with) Am I being crazy?
Suppose it's how you look at things and cost of time waste. Personally I wouldn't overpay by circa $2000 but that's me.

Thanks, I needed that!
It's tough, but I think if you are overpaying by so much, the heart is ruling the head. There are lots of contracts, constantly coming up. Just detach yourself and think it will happen eventually, put in decent but market value offers. One will go through.

Is there a link for how long for estoppel too? I was searching and haven't found any recent. The broker told me 20-30 days. If there's a thread for that I'm going to follow that one too :).

Is there a link for how long for estoppel too? I was searching and haven't found any recent. The broker told me 20-30 days. If there's a thread for that I'm going to follow that one too :).
I'm curious about this too, i was told the same.

Mine was 10 days. I bought Jan, went through late Jan. I seem to have just missed the current ROFR frenzy and I've seen quite a few since then waiting 20+ days. Shame as it was really speeding up.

I was very nervous waiting for this, especially with the apparent pattern of taking so much SSR - so much so that I succumbed to superstition and didn't post the submission note, but - we passed!!

Bill Fenner---$76-$25283-300-SSR-Jun-0/16, 300/17, 300/18- sent 2/10, passed 3/2

Congratulations!! We are waiting on SSR as well! Glad to see that more SSR's are getting through!

I had an offer accepted on a contract I know is overpriced for OKW. I haven't signed the contract yet, its for $80/point for 223, with 68/16, 223/17, 223/18. What do you guys think? (I lost the last 2 contracts so now, I just want it over with) Am I being crazy?

I am a newbie here, but after devouring every post, theory, hypothesis on what makes up ROFR-there really doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason. Just when I think-I shouldn't have signed a contract on a fully loaded listing, I see that Disney takes a contract with full points not coming until 2019! Then I think, maybe I should have offered more $/pt, and I see that Disney takes such a broad dollar range. I think you just have to go with what you want, what seems fair to you, and hope for the best! Good luck! 3rd times, the charm :shamrock:

PASSED!!!! 3/2 WHOO HOO!! 5pm got the email from broker talk about waiting until the last minute of business day!!!

I'm one week behind-waiting on BLT too. Crossing my fingers that I've only got another week of waiting! Congrats!!

It seems that SSR and OKW are taking longer to hear back from Rofr then other properties. Anyone else think that?

It seems that SSR and OKW are taking longer to hear back from Rofr then other properties. Anyone else think that?
For the majority going for OKW and SSR it seems that way. Also thought with last Thursday's big SSR passes they do a big sweep in a day on decisions but then Friday they did too. I don't know what to think. They don't want us to understand the method to their madness anyway ;).. I'm on day 25 and not feeling great since I wasn't part of the big announcement of passes last week.. and multiple folks passed the same contract with the exception of use month. To me I could be wrong once I saw people pass that 3 week mark I started to see the majority were taken. Of course that's only from what I observed on this thread.

Possibly because SSR and OKW are the cheapest, that is why they have been buying them up- to generally raise the cheapest resale prices pre Copper Creek? A resale at $120 a point doesn't look nearly as bad as a resale at $70 when potential direct buyers hear (if they are sensible enough to do some research- many are not, even though they have a phone on them with google) of a 'resale' market?

I think they had a big push on getting rid of the ROFR requests before CC is released. It wouldn't surprise me if post CC launch ROFR starts taking much longer then it has been

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter