ROFR Thread January - March 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to know how long estoppel and then member number/points loading has been taking lately (guess where I'm up to... passed ROFR 3/6 on first time contract). Anyone recently closed who can advise their timeline?

Just thought I'd drop in my estoppel query (in the estoppel discussion) too because so many ppl in this thread are right where I am or just those few tantilising steps ahead.

Whoops - and meant to add the link (if that's allowed): https://www.disboards.com/threads/come-on-estoppel.3385440/page-82

I am so excited! I passed ROFR today!!! :goofy::cheer2:

AdventureMom+1---$82-$14689-160-AKV-Dec-160/16, 160/17, 160/18- sent 2/28, passed 3/13

Congrats! We passed Rofr today for AKL too!!

I'm still pinching myself about owning AKV (or rather, having passed ROFR and waiting on estoppel and closing at AKV) - and for all of the flack I've received from my "too cool" friends about buying DVC at all, once I showed them the photos and property description, most have done a complete 180 and want to know when they can come too :D (they have to get in line behind the kids!)

Roxyfire---$118-$12705-100-BLT-Jun-17/16, 73/17, 100/18-split pay of '17 MF- sent 3/14

So my contract is a bit weird, but 17 points were banked into 2017, some from 2017 were borrowed, and 2018 is untouched. I'm not sure the best way to handle these but I figure I can book a split stay and have it be a continuing reservation. Also I feel like maybe it wasn't as good of a price as others have gotten, especially for how tangled the points look. Maybe that'll keep disney from taking it! :)

Just spoke to my broker. She said about 3 weeks for Disney to complete the estoppel and another 4 weeks for everything to be put into our names and get our points in our account. So 7 weeks after passing Rofr it seems. Anyone have this experience taking longer or shorter?

Roxyfire---$118-$12705-100-BLT-Jun-17/16, 73/17, 100/18-split pay of '17 MF- sent 3/14

So my contract is a bit weird, but 17 points were banked into 2017, some from 2017 were borrowed, and 2018 is untouched. I'm not sure the best way to handle these but I figure I can book a split stay and have it be a continuing reservation. Also I feel like maybe it wasn't as good of a price as others have gotten, especially for how tangled the points look. Maybe that'll keep disney from taking it! :)
Good luck!

Not sure what you mean about how to handle the points and booking a split stay. Are you planning on overlapping your use year when you travel (i.e. Vacation starting in May and ending in June)? Otherwise you can use your points seamlessly. Assuming you plan to travel in your 2017 UY (June 1 2017-May 31st 2018) you can use your 17 banked 2016 points, your 73 2017 points and borrow up to your 100 2018 points for a single continuous reservation. If you do not plan to travel until June 1st 2018 or later you will lose the 17 banked points (unless you can somehow rent them out).
Although it may seem weird it is not uncommon for contracts to be missing current UY points but come with some banked ones. Borrowing is a final transaction so if your seller booked a trip during their 2016 UY that required 27 points to be borrowed but then cancelled that trip or changed it to use less points those points still stay in the 2016 UY. MS will allow you to reallocate reservations to use those borrowed points before current UY points as long as you are more than 31 days out from arrival and not past your banking window. This could easily explain there being banked points with missing current UY ones. We actually bought a contract last year that had a similar setup (fully banked 2015 points but some missing from 2016). Already we have encountered the same situation on our own this year as we had booked a room for family and had to borrow a small number of 2018 points to do so. They then had to cancel leaving us with borrowed points-we called MS and they reallocated them to our upcoming reservation. So now we will probably wind up banking a bunch of 2017 points into 2018 but 2018 is now missing some points lol.

Not sure what you mean about how to handle the points and booking a split stay. Are you planning on overlapping your use year when you travel (i.e. Vacation starting in May and ending in June)? Otherwise you can use your points seamlessly. Assuming you plan to travel in your 2017 UY (June 1 2017-May 31st 2018) you can use your 17 banked 2016 points, your 73 2017 points and borrow up to your 100 2018 points for a single continuous reservation. If you do not plan to travel until June 1st 2018 or later you will lose the 17 banked points (unless you can somehow rent them out).
Although it may seem weird it is not uncommon for contracts to be missing current UY points but come with some banked ones. Borrowing is a final transaction so if your seller booked a trip during their 2016 UY that required 27 points to be borrowed but then cancelled that trip or changed it to use less points those points still stay in the 2016 UY. MS will allow you to reallocate reservations to use those borrowed points before current UY points as long as you are more than 31 days out from arrival and not past your banking window. This could easily explain there being banked points with missing current UY ones. We actually bought a contract last year that had a similar setup (fully banked 2015 points but some missing from 2016). Already we have encountered the same situation on our own this year as we had booked a room for family and had to borrow a small number of 2018 points to do so. They then had to cancel leaving us with borrowed points-we called MS and they reallocated them to our upcoming reservation. So now we will probably wind up banking a bunch of 2017 points into 2018 but 2018 is now missing some points lol.

Sort of, I was planning to travel in August 2018 and get an AP to travel the following June 2019. If I have it correctly, I think I'll have to travel before 5/31/2018 to use those 17 points, which is equivalent of one night. Not a huge loss but why not use it if I can you know? It is a little difficult to get my head around the different dates just because of those extra banked points.

Yes you are correct you will need to arrive on or before may 31st 2018 to use the 17 banked points.

Just spoke to my broker. She said about 3 weeks for Disney to complete the estoppel and another 4 weeks for everything to be put into our names and get our points in our account. So 7 weeks after passing Rofr it seems. Anyone have this experience taking longer or shorter?
Estopple was 7 business days for me. Closing will depend entirely on when the seller returns their docs and when your money get there. Figure another 10 business days for points to be in your account.

Yes you are correct you will need to arrive on or before may 31st 2018 to use the 17 banked points.
She has to check out on or before 6/1 to use those points. The last night the points can be used for is the night of 5/31.

She has to check out on or before 6/1 to use those points. The last night the points can be used for is the night of 5/31.

Yeah that's why I figured splitting the reservation is the least annoying option. If I can check out on 6/1 I can use most if not all of the remaining 2017 points and those banked 2016 points in one full reservation, based on the math. I just want to get the plan straight in my head before I book, but that is a while away.

A re-post so page 1 can be updated. (Thanks for the hard work on this site, BTW)
$70-$17311-220-OKW-Oct-0/15, 118/16, 220/17, 220/18- sent 2/7, taken 3/1
$80-$17840-223-OKW-Oct-0/15, 68/16, 223/17, 223/18-seller pays closing- sent 3/7
Thanks and best of luck with the new one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter