ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I suppose you have all heard by now that Disney announced today that people who buy a resale contract after January 19th, 2019 will ONLY be able to use their contract points to EXCHANGE into a DVC resort. Apparently, this is being interpreted to mean that people who purchase a resale contract after that date will NOT have access to the 7 - 11 month Home Resort Priority Booking window, and will only be able to book in the 0 to 7 month window.

I know someone in the process of buying a contract. They have done ALL of their part, but are waiting for it to be finalized by the seller and broker. I told them to call their broker. Their broker said that the Cut-Off date of Jan 19th is the date that applies to ROFR date, so I expect that a lot of people who are just thinking about it are going to jump in and make offers and get the ball rolling right now.

Hi everyone. I suppose you have all heard by now that Disney announced today that people who buy a resale contract after January 19th, 2019 will ONLY be able to use their contract points to EXCHANGE into a DVC resort. Apparently, this is being interpreted to mean that people who purchase a resale contract after that date will NOT have access to the 7 - 11 month Home Resort Priority Booking window, and will only be able to book in the 0 to 7 month window.

I know someone in the process of buying a contract. They have done ALL of their part, but are waiting for it to be finalized by the seller and broker. I told them to call their broker. Their broker said that the Cut-Off date of Jan 19th is the date that applies to ROFR date, so I expect that a lot of people who are just thinking about it are going to jump in and make offers and get the ball rolling right now.

Please visit one of the multiple other threads already discussing this so we don't sidetrack the ROFR thread again. Thanks :D

Lesley Wake---$106-$18776-160-AKV-Feb-0/18, 320/19, 160/20, 160/21- sent 12/17

(Buyer pays 2019 maintenance fees since all points there)

Hoping this goes through! Of course I likely won't know until after the 19th, so if it doesn't..ugh!

Good luck! We are in the same boat, same resort and UY even, submitted 12/14. Not sure what the plan is if we don’t pass...

If anyone is on the fence about buying DVC resale, you might want to do it ASAP!! Disney has announced new resale restrictions that go into place for any resale contracts submitted for ROFR on or after January 19 :headache: Any points from those contracts that are submitted on or after that date will only be able to be used on the 14 currently existing DVC resorts :eek: That means those resale points on contracts submitted to Disney for ROFR on or after January 19th CANNOT be used for any and all new resorts including Riviera and Reflections at the old River Country :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ALL CONTRACTS SUBMITTED FOR ROFR BEFORE JANUARY 19TH WILL BE GRANDFATHERED IN SO THE NEW RESTRICTIONS WILL NOT APPLY :woohoo:

ALL contracts will still have access to RCI :)
I see busy agents selling DVC resale for the next 2 weeks. Good luck everyone :)

Now I am even more nervous about getting a waiver for my OKW contract since one broker just posted their December ROFR report and 80% of their OKW contracts were taken in ROFR :scared1: I am just hoping that since mine is only 50 points, it won't be worth it to Disney since all the OKW contracts in that report were larger than 150 points :rolleyes1 Disney even bought back a 854 point Boardwalk contract :eek:

Now I am even more nervous about getting a waiver for my OKW contract since one broker just posted their December ROFR report and 80% of their OKW contracts were taken in ROFR :scared1: I am just hoping that since mine is only 50 points, it won't be worth it to Disney since all the OKW contracts in that report were larger than 150 points :rolleyes1 Disney even bought back a 854 point Boardwalk contract :eek:
854 pts contract. Wow! haven't seen that. I am sending pixie dust your way. Only positive vibespixiedust:

Such a big contract would have few takers, so the price was probably low. Easy for DVD to break that up and flip it, especially with the inevitable price increase coming shortly.

I expected the price to be lower too, ScubaCat but it was $99 a point for Boardwalk, with no 2018 points and only 6 for 2019 :confused3 My thought was how many contracts will they make out of this one :scratchin

I expected the price to be lower too, ScubaCat but it was $99 a point for Boardwalk, with no 2018 points and only 6 for 2019 :confused3 My thought was how many contracts will they make out of this one :scratchin

Looks like somebody ("Keith Dickerson" in this instance) with some serious cash has been dropping by the trustee auction and flipping DVC foreclosures. If you search for that deed, it was purchased at auction in April 2018 for around $56/point and DVD bought it back for $87/point. So, excluding a few fees, that's a profit of around 26K on just that flip, let alone the dozens of others Mr. Dickerson flipped. Good for him, eh? At $87, DVD will make a pretty nice profit even sitting on it for a year.

It's nice to have cash, isn't it?? (I'm sure Keith Dickerson either owns or is working with a firm that does this all the time. But if he's a solo act, he sounds like someone I should get to know ;) )

CORRECTION: Profit is closer to 18-20K, as the outstanding maintenance fees have to be repaid before DVD would complete the transfer. Small detail, but does make a difference in the spirit of accuracy :)

Last edited:
Looks like somebody ("Keith Dickerson" in this instance) with some serious cash has been dropping by the trustee auction and flipping DVC foreclosures. If you search for that deed, it was purchased at auction in April 2018 for around $56/point and DVD bought it back for $87/point. So, excluding a few fees, that's a profit of around 26K on just that flip, let alone the dozens of others Mr. Dickerson flipped. Good for him, eh? At $87, DVD will make a pretty nice profit even sitting on it for a year.

It's nice to have cash, isn't it?? (I'm sure Keith Dickerson either owns or is working with a firm that does this all the time. But if he's a solo act, he sounds like someone I should get to know ;) )

CORRECTION: Profit is closer to 18-20K, as the outstanding maintenance fees have to be repaid before DVD would complete the transfer. Small detail, but does make a difference in the spirit of accuracy :)

I found his name on many deeds when I was searching last year and dug in a bit deeper. He is Monera Financial.

Good luck! We are in the same boat, same resort and UY even, submitted 12/14. Not sure what the plan is if we don’t pass...

I just lost one very similar to this submitted on 12/7
I can’t remember all the details to submit it correctly but it was for AKV 240 points, 2018 points banked. $105 pp, buyer pays 2019 dues
I’ve lost 3 AKL contracts to ROFR in the past 9 months and have my 4th pending now. Not optimistic.

I just lost one very similar to this submitted on 12/7
I can’t remember all the details to submit it correctly but it was for AKV 240 points, 2018 points banked. $105 pp, buyer pays 2019 dues
I’ve lost 3 AKL contracts to ROFR in the past 9 months and have my 4th pending now. Not optimistic.

I'm so sorry, TeeKo :( Good luck with your 4th one :thumbsup2 Is that for AKL as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter