ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think aside from some outliers, I didn’t really see much decrease in prices as a result of the pandemic. I bought my Poly contract right before the pandemic, paid $137/pt for 100 points. I saw a few contracts of approximately that size go into the $120’s in that time, but generally, I feel like contracts held their values fairly well.
I think you’re right. And, generally, I think the prices quoted here are probably way below average, because most of the posters are more savvy buyers.

I’m sure that’s true, but, just from these boards, anecdotally, I don’t think I’ve seen a $90 SSR contract pass in months. Also, I’m not sure the brokers really care if a contract passes or not. They get their commission either way, plus another commission when the buyer moves on to another contract. So they make even more money!
Personally, if I had a lowball offer accepted, I would want the broker to communicate to me their opinion regarding the risk of not passing. I’d want to know their company’s recent sale prices for that particular resort, as well as which prices passed and which didn’t. If I were new to the process, I might not know where to research this on my own, and would appreciate the help.

Brokers do get more money the higher the price. And of course they should offer their best opinion because they are representing both sides of the transaction but by the same point - they are representing both sides of the transaction. I have done transactions where the brokers told me I should offer more if I wanted "to be sure to pass ROFR".

What my point was is that get the best deal you feel comfortable with because DVC has never taken everything back at an determinable point.

I think aside from some outliers, I didn’t really see much decrease in prices as a result of the pandemic. I bought my Poly contract right before the pandemic, paid $137/pt for 100 points. I saw a few contracts of approximately that size go into the $120’s in that time, but generally, I feel like contracts held their values fairly well.

I agree. The price I’m paying is a fair price I feel.

In the autumn we lost 2 Aug UY SSR contracts in ROFR one at $92/point and the next at $103/point. We’ve recently closed on our 3rd attempt which was $102/point and I have no idea why that made it through when the higher price point didn’t 🤷‍♀️. I think you’ll need a good bit of pixie dust to get through ROFR even at SSR below $100/point at the moment, but there’s no harm in trying if you have the time. Good luck 🤞

In the autumn we lost 2 Aug UY SSR contracts in ROFR one at $92/point and the next at $103/point. We’ve recently closed on our 3rd attempt which was $102/point and I have no idea why that made it through when the higher price point didn’t 🤷‍♀️. I think you’ll need a good bit of pixie dust to get through ROFR even at SSR below $100/point at the moment, but there’s no harm in trying if you have the time. Good luck 🤞

I agree with this. We had 3 SSR taken at ROFR one at $97, $102 and $98. Threw in the towel on SSR and thought let's try AKV since it seems to be passing. Found one where the seller was asking $110/pt, I offered at $100/pt expecting them to counter but they accepted. Lo and behold it passed. We're very happy but it was frustrating with SSR since we kept losing on the exchange rate (we're Cdn), for all the deposits made on each offer. Glad to finally have a contract we're happy with.

Princesscinderella---$138-$23260-150-BLT-Feb-0/20, 277/21, 150/22- sent 1/8

We got the add-on bug after touring all the large villas while at WDW last week. While we enjoyed the rooms at RIV we love BLT more. We already have 735 Pts resale and direct at VGF, SSR, BWV, VGC, AKV.
Good for you. I looked at this one, planned to make an offer, but was waiting on our AKV ROFR. Hoping Disney lets us know soon so that we can move onto another offer(doubt very highly our AKV is going to pass, $92 a point)

Last edited:
Good for you. I looked at this one, planned to make an offer, but was waiting on our AKV ROFR. Hoping Disney lets us know soon so that we can moving onto another offer(doubt very highly our AKV is going to pass, $92 a point)
Fingers crossed it passes for you. We love AKV especially for resort only stays.

Brokers do get more money the higher the price. And of course they should offer their best opinion because they are representing both sides of the transaction but by the same point - they are representing both sides of the transaction. I have done transactions where the brokers told me I should offer more if I wanted "to be sure to pass ROFR".

What my point was is that get the best deal you feel comfortable with because DVC has never taken everything back at an determinable point.
Yes, brokers of course make more money the higher the price, but they make more by selling two contracts instead of one, even if one of the buyers is Disney.

And, though Disney has never taken everything back at a determinable point, you can get a pretty good idea of what is high probability on these boards, no? And it looks to me like one of the highest is SSR in the low 90s. My personal opinion is that so many of the SSR points are being used at 7 months elsewhere that it’s de-valueing the other resorts, and hurting direct sales.

I agree with this. We had 3 SSR taken at ROFR one at $97, $102 and $98. Threw in the towel on SSR and thought let's try AKV since it seems to be passing. Found one where the seller was asking $110/pt, I offered at $100/pt expecting them to counter but they accepted. Lo and behold it passed. We're very happy but it was frustrating with SSR since we kept losing on the exchange rate (we're Cdn), for all the deposits made on each offer. Glad to finally have a contract we're happy with.
Hopefully this Canadian can have similar luck to you with an AKV deal. After the 2nd BLT contract was taken on ROFR we got a US$ credit card. No fee, so figured it was worth it. the 3rd BLT taken, would have cost us about $30 in FX losses. We got lucky so far as it only cost us $6 in FX losses on the first 2 deposits getting charged and refunded. Now that we have the US$ card we won't have to worry about that.

Fingers crossed it passes for you. We love AKV especially for resort only stays.
Thanks, didn't realize we would love it so much until we went there last week. I bought the contract resort unseen because the price was too good not to try at least. I loved that we could see the animals when we want, resort was beautiful and the hot tubs were covered in trees which was nice too.

Princesscinderella---$138-$23260-150-BLT-Feb-0/20, 277/21, 150/22- sent 1/8

We got the add-on bug after touring all the large villas while at WDW last week. While we enjoyed the rooms at RIV we love BLT more. We already have 735 Pts resale and direct at VGF, SSR, BWV, VGC, AKV.

Curious which resale market is this contract listed at? If it is ok to share? :-)

My personal opinion is that so many of the SSR points are being used at 7 months elsewhere that it’s de-valueing the other resorts, and hurting direct sales.

Since they can't be used elsewhere during the 11-7 month window and 7 month is a trade that is valued by owners of other resorts I don't know that SSR actually devalues DVC. This is a flexible point system and it's well outlined that the home priority is 11-7 months. After that its up for grabs to anyone. Booking a timeshare has trade offs with hotels and one is the booking windows that will allow you to best get what you prefer.

I can't imagine the dues for 735pts plus now the 150!
I have them auto drafted monthly so it’s not a big hit right after the holidays. It was approx $4700 this year but usually $5200. Our 3 night trip in a bwv grand villa would have been more than our dues so I consider all the 500 points I had left to use were bonus. We like the bigger rooms now that the kids are older. Our soon to be 16 yr old son is already asking if he can bring his girlfriend in the future so how we use our membership is evolving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter