ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m worried about my $110 at AKV! I hate not knowing.

I wouldnt worry, many AKV's have gone, one recently at $100. I'm waiting on mine at $104 (on day 39, uuuuhg), and broker says they had another pass at $104 so I should be fine, plus we are paying for 2020 dues so its a better option for disney to let us buy it.

Cant say I am surprised but just got the call.

strumy---$140-$23940-160-VGF-Apr-0/19, 211/20, 160/21, 160/22- sent 8/7, taken 9/18

Had another lined up and ready to go... no where near as good of a deal with the buybacks coming back but think its a good balance between protecting the sale and price. Decided to up the points as well to be able to shift to an every other year vs every 3 year contract for us. Had the offer in and accepted within an hour of the declination.

Strumy---$156-$39970-250-VGF-Aug-0/19, 17/20, 250/21, 250/22- sent 9/18

strumy---$140-$23940-160-VGF-Apr-0/19, 211/20, 160/21, 160/22- sent 8/7, taken 9/18

Had another lined up and ready to go... no where near as good of a deal with the buybacks coming back but think its a good balance between protecting the sale and price. Decided to up the points as well to be able to shift to an every other year vs every 3 year contract for us. Had the offer in and accepted within an hour of the declination.

I love it when folks jump back in immediately after the ROFR monkey strikes. Shows how dedicated everyone here is.

Would be nice if you could tell from the listing which sellers were international -- that would make it easier to choose what to bid on ! :earboy2:
Why is it because It is more difficult to deal with in terms of paperwork or is it more convenient to deal with an international seller or buyer.
thanks

But isn‘t this in the range of those being taken as well, or am I missing something? Didn’t someone just have one taken at $160?

Day 39, losing hope....why hast though forsaken me DVC?

the good part is seeing all the others with lower costs get approved. The bad part is, seeing all these others with lower costs and realizing my deal wasn't so good.
I feel ya...OKW (EXT) 110 -I have seen several get the same for less

Why is it because It is more difficult to deal with in terms of paperwork or is it more convenient to deal with an international seller or buyer.
thanks
It would be worth a little extra effort, if it takes ROFR out of the picture.
I would love to be able to search international sellers only, and pick the contracts I wanted.

It would be worth a little extra effort, if it takes ROFR out of the picture.
I would love to be able to search international sellers only, and pick the contracts I wanted.

I would suspect that you could ask one of the large brokers to contact you when they get an International listing. May be worth asking.

But isn‘t this in the range of those being taken as well, or am I missing something? Didn’t someone just have one taken at $160?

I haven't seen anything taken at 160. 150 and lower seems to be the trend right now. It is certainly within the striking range. We have massive flexibility and multiple scenarios that would fit our "needs" so if it gets taken, will adjust and move on to the next one.

Had another lined up and ready to go... no where near as good of a deal with the buybacks coming back but think its a good balance between protecting the sale and price.

I think thats the central point. Although a deal is great, its only great if it passes. A lot of time and effort is put in to finding good contracts that meet your needs. If its something you really want, an offer that is market rate increases your chance of acquiring it. Usually the premium paid is marginal.

I think thats the central point. Although a deal is great, its only great if it passes. A lot of time and effort is put in to finding good contracts that meet your needs. If its something you really want, an offer that is market rate increases your chance of acquiring it. Usually the premium paid is marginal.
100%. If I had put that offer in 2 weeks earlier it likely would have been accepted there is 1 that passed 2 weeks ago at the same PPP. Would have never placed that offer with Disney actively executing ROFR but was just a little bit too late to the party.

thanks
I know everyone's different, but I'm not sure I would deal with an international seller again. First of all, it extends the time. The seller took over a week to sign the initial paperwork for RoFR, and now I am waiting three weeks on Monday and they still haven't sent back the closing docs.

I am today at 100 days since making the offer. At this rate, even if we somehow close next week, I don't have points in my account until 150 days from offer? June to November for points...

The second and more relevant reason for me, though, is FIRPTA. It's a pain, and I didn't relish signing tax documents that I had to research to fully understand. I hope I didn't miss something... Don't want to be on the other side of the IRS.

Seller pays the 15% tax under the agreement, but it is technically the Buyer's responsibility to withhold that and make sure that money gets to the IRS. Title company will receive the money from the Seller and will remit on Buyer's behaf, but I have had a company remit payment to the IRS before (not having anything to do with DVC), and two years later, the IRS sent me a letter saying that the payment was never received and now I owed the amount plus interest. We were able ultimately to prove that it was, in fact, sent the two years prior and received by the IRS, but we had to go through all the machinations involved with that.

So with this present transaction, I asked the title company to agree in writing to provide me with the proof so I would have it if the IRS contacted me years from now, and it took them over two weeks to finally agree to that. I have over 20 emails back and forth where they are evasive and won't answer my direct question or they answered part of my question but did not address the most pressing portion. Needless to say, I finally have a written agreement of what they will provide and when, but they seemed very thrown by the request. Perhaps it was just a request they haven't gotten before, but that would seem odd to me. Maybe I'm a worry wart. Idk...

By contrast, I put an offer in on an AKV contract from a US seller two months after the offer on this VGF, and the way things are going, I will be getting all the points in my account at pretty close to the same time... without the stress of tax documents I've never seen before and IRS withholdings.

I did get a great deal on the VGF with the International Seller, but for me, it just wouldn't be worth the aggravation to do it again. Just my personal opinion and experience...

Although, there are, what, hundreds maybe?, of these international sales every year and they all seem to turn out just fine. So if one is looking for a deal and doesn't mind waiting an extra month or doesn't mind the withholding process, then buying from an international seller may be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter