ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't post it originally but:
swong4824---$86-$21275-240-OKW-0/19, 0/20, 240/21- sent 7/1, taken 8/13
Looks like the loaded vs stripped did not really play a factor on this one. But it does keep up with the trend of above 200 point contracts being the ones taken form OKW and SSR. Very courious if any sub 200 point contracts are being taken right now.

Looks like the loaded vs stripped did not really play a factor on this one. But it does keep up with the trend of above 200 point contracts being the ones taken form OKW and SSR. Very courious if any sub 200 point contracts are being taken right now.

Which is interesting, since my thinking like many others was they want to flip contracts like this ASAP for people wait listing, but can't if there aren't points in the 2020 use year right? They wouldn't be able to sell this direct until 2021.

Which is interesting, since my thinking like many others was they want to flip contracts like this ASAP for people wait listing, but can't if there aren't points in the 2020 use year right? They wouldn't be able to sell this direct until 2021.

Someone pointed out how I was likely incorrect on my assumption since they can possibly sell out of their bank of points they are required to own.

I’ve tried searching this (I’m sure it’s one of those things that’s been asked a million times) but I can’t find the answer - how do we find out if Disney exercised ROFR? Will brokers notify you? Or should you call someone?

I’ve tried searching this (I’m sure it’s one of those things that’s been asked a million times) but I can’t find the answer - how do we find out if Disney exercised ROFR? Will brokers notify you? Or should you call someone?

Your broker should notify you - they are the ones who you should contact to find out the status for ROFR. I would wait at least 30 days before you check on the status - as Disney has been taking more than 30 days lately. After 45 days of waiting, I would definitely ask your broker to check on the status though.

If you bought from a non-DVC focused site the information may come from the title agency.

Does anyone know if Disney typically draws out the ROFR process longer if there is a delayed closing? My contract was sent to Disney on July 10. Based on some of the activity here, it sounds like I could possibly hear back in the next few days. But the contract can’t close until Nov, so I’m wondering if Disney will just take their sweet time as a result?

I also have a Nov closing and no problem with ROFR. It was sent in June and passed in July

Your broker should notify you - they are the ones who you should contact to find out the status for ROFR. I would wait at least 30 days before you check on the status - as Disney has been taking more than 30 days lately. After 45 days of waiting, I would definitely ask your broker to check on the status though.
Thanks! Mine was sent 7/8 and I’ve seen some pass for that date. I’m going to wait a little longer before I check it out :)

Good luck with that. I was the seller and closed 3 weeks ago, the points are still in my account. I wrote to Disney 2 weeks about it and still haven't received a response.

My contract I sold that closed on 6/26, just disappeared from my account on 8/7. Still waiting for the BLT contract I bought to show up that closed on 7/7. Feel bad because the title company that we used is holding the buyers funds until the contract and points are there for me.

My contract I sold that closed on 6/26, just disappeared from my account on 8/7. Still waiting for the BLT contract I bought to show up that closed on 7/7. Feel bad because the title company that we used is holding the buyers funds until the contract and points are there for me.
This is a really dumb question but the deposit in escrow after accepted offer cannot be applied towards/at time of closing?

This is a really dumb question but the deposit in escrow after accepted offer cannot be applied towards/at time of closing?

Apparently, no funds will be given to the seller until the transfer. Now, this is not all title companies. Mason Title sent me the proceeds of my sale that closed on 6/26, the next day. They did not hold them until the transfer since that happened last week and I used those same funds to buy the BLT contract within days of getting the check!

Ok, so I've done so-so as far as not obsessing about ROFR. My contract was sent 7/16 and I know to expect it to be more than 30 days and I'm fine with that, but I randomly went back to the website that I used to put in my offer with, and the last time I checked I could still see the contract that I placed an offer on and it had the status of Offer Accepted. Now, it's not on the website at all. Before I email the broker, I'm wondering if this is normal for the listing to not be on the website any more. Maybe I'm paranoid that I'll be receiving an email soon that this was taken??

ETA: I also had this listing favorited and it doesn't let me see the listing. There's a message that any sold listings are automatically removed from my favorites... Don't know if that means my contract was taken.🤷‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter