ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how I'd feel about paying a fee to "win" a contract I might still lose in ROFR. Do you only pay the auction fee if it passes ROFR?
I saw one of those auctions, I think the fee is part of the closing costs. So if it gets ROFR'd, Disney pays the fee.

I saw one of those auctions, I think the fee is part of the closing costs. So if it gets ROFR'd, Disney pays the fee.
Has anyone ever seen them do that? I get paying a broker fee, but a fee for an auction they didn’t participate in? And why have an auction at all? It’s not like the contracts are hard to find, and if you “win” the auction, and you lose it in ROFR, then it’s time wasted (no offense to the OP). ,

Has anyone ever seen them do that? I get paying a broker fee, but a fee for an auction they didn’t participate in? And why have an auction at all? It’s not like the contracts are hard to find, and if you “win” the auction, and you lose it in ROFR, then it’s time wasted (no offense to the OP). ,
My recent accepted offer is an auction listing. They list the buyers fee in the auction listing so you just have to figure it in when you make your offer. It's kind of nice because you can see all the bids and know what other buyers are offering. When we got our documents the auction fee is listed in the closing costs so I assume/hope Disney would have to pay it if they exercised ROFR.

I have just recently started seeing these pop up. I wondered if I was missing something as a newbie. But guess my “what the heck?” Internal thought was right on. Seems like a huge waste of time. I have not found one contract that I have been interested in that the buyers weren’t willing to negotiate at all on….that’s enough “auction” for me

To me, it's just a different way of doing negotiations. You'd just have to factor in the fee when you decide your highest bid.

When we got our documents the auction fee is listed in the closing costs so I assume/hope Disney would have to pay it if they exercised ROFR
I'm sure they must, they don't get to alter the deal if they take it through ROFR. They can only decide whether they want it or not.

Not sure how I'd feel about paying a fee to "win" a contract I might still lose in ROFR. Do you only pay the auction fee if it passes ROFR?
Yes, it’s like a line item on the closing costs. Lose to ROFR, deposit returned and I’m out zero $.

I was looking for an AKL contact to bid on with 100-ish points and a fall use year, and this auction was closing in 30 min and fit the bill so… 🤷‍♀️ ends up $134.50 ppt + $2.50 ppt fee = $137 which beats the last accepted offer I had for AKL on a different resale site (and lost to ROFR at $139).

Alice in Okie-land—-$134.50-$15,298-100-AKL-Oct-0/21, 100/22, 100/23-sent 7/1

Alice in Okie-land—-$172-$20,165-110-BLT-Aug-0/21, 117/22, 103/23-seller pay closing-sent 6/30

Bought the AKL in an auction on a resale site, which was odd. Has an additional $250 auction fee included. Lost a $139ppt AKL on 6/28, so rolling the dice here.
On the BLT, seller pays closing so I am paying more per point than I would have otherwise. Offered $166 on a different AKL contract but seller never responded 😴 This higher $172 works out about the same in total with the savings on closing costs.
Goal is to buy as close to ROFR line as possible, have plenty of time to lose a bunch as grandbabies are still babies 👶
That's gonna be my strategy too next week once my contract gets taken.. increase price per point but have seller cover the other costs to get it closer to ROFR line.. whatever that may be but hopefully we'll have data points for June soon.

That's gonna be my strategy too next week once my contract gets taken.. increase price per point but have seller cover the other costs to get it closer to ROFR line.. whatever that may be but hopefully we'll have data points for June soon.
People try to get creative with offers hoping to elude the ROFR monster. Unfortunately, Disney takes the total price of the contract into account when making ROFR decisions. I've always found it easier to just negotiate $/pt and just roll the dice.

People try to get creative with offers hoping to elude the ROFR monster. Unfortunately, Disney takes the total price of the contract into account when making ROFR decisions. I've always found it easier to just negotiate $/pt and just roll the dice.
Exactly, they are looking at the contract total costs. So if someone negotiates paying 200/pt on SSR, and have the buyer cover 10 years of dues thinking they will fool the ROFR monster, it won't work.

Day 21 of the ROFR waiting game. I knew full well we wouldn’t have an answer by now, so why is going into the long holiday weekend without a decision feeling so unreasonably difficult?! (Happy 4th, y’all!)
Try waiting 28 days, finding out yesterday that you passed and that when Disney sent it over, let broker know it can’t close until January because seller never disclosed a January reservation 🤦🏼‍♀️ Now we are starting all over😩 So yesterday woke up day 28, and today woke up…day 2😭

I’ve seen the DVC auctions. I think it’s just a new way of marketing contracts. Most of them have reserves set so that they don’t become “steal” pricing, but if it’s something you’re looking for, and the price is right, go for it!

Waiting for the thread to go quiet over the weekend now, just glad I’m not waiting on anything currently.

ahintz---$125-$14678-100-AUL-Feb-0/21, 100/22, 100/23, 100/24- sent 7/1

This is my first time buying into DVC after looking at it for years. Our son is 2-years-old now, so figured we'll make use of it either in Hawaii or WDW for many years to come. Probably not the last set of points we'll buying if this works out as I hope it does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter