ROFR Thread Oct - Dec 2016 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Third try is a charm? Changed brokers and raised my point cost...again.

squirrel4569---$114-$18765-160-BLT-Mar-0/15, 0/16, 160/17, 160/18- sent 10/3
Good luck-they have taken at least 3 BLT march contracts in the past couple of months (your 2 and mine). Hopefully that was enough to clear their waitlist and you pass :)

Good luck-they have taken at least 3 BLT march contracts in the past couple of months (your 2 and mine). Hopefully that was enough to clear their waitlist and you pass :)
Yeah, DVC called me direct today asking if I wanted to get on the BLT direct waitlist. I declined because they want $180/point for it. Umm...no thanks.

pangyal(SELLER)---$99-$35765-350-BCV-Feb-0/15, 0/16, 0/17, 350/18- sent 10/4

Sorry, @ScubaCat!!!! I know you'll be heartbroken that I am leaving the BCV fold so soon. But we have at least two trips planned there over the next two years...

Au contraire. Truth be told, I'm jealous that you get to sell! I've completed one trip with points and have decided that DVC is a total ripoff. Nevertheless, the family loves it, so it is my life, at least until 1/2042 or DW decides she's had enough of me! :headache:

On another note, I just posted some updated code. It's pretty boring for you all, my beloved users, being only a bunch of "under-the-hood" changes. However, the important thing is that the use years will now update automatically. In other words, on 1/1/17, it will prompt for UY points in 2015-2019, instead of 2014-2018 like you see today. Otherwise I would have had to manually change that in about 25 places every year right on January 1st. (Obviously I'll still have to update the resort list, like when copper creek whatever hits the market and we start using boulder ridge villas, but that's ONE easy change and is not as frequent or time sensitive.)

Yeah, DVC called me direct today asking if I wanted to get on the BLT direct waitlist. I declined because they want $180/point for it. Umm...no thanks.
lol I know it's crazy-considering you can pay $110-$115 pp resale

pangyal(SELLER)---$99-$35765-350-BCV-Feb-0/15, 0/16, 0/17, 350/18- sent 10/4

Sorry, @ScubaCat!!!! I know you'll be heartbroken that I am leaving the BCV fold so soon. But we have at least two trips planned there over the next two years...
Wow that was fast-was that always your plan? Buy loaded, use the points, then sell stripped? Or did you decide you had too many points? Regardless congrats on the quick sale-it always surprises me how many people buy stripped contracts and how high they sell.

Wow that was fast-was that always your plan? Buy loaded, use the points, then sell stripped? Or did you decide you had too many points? Regardless congrats on the quick sale-it always surprises me how many people buy stripped contracts and how high they sell.

Sure, it's probably a lot cheaper than renting if you can float the ~$35K or so. If you have a different membership number (owning points in a different UY or titled differently), you can just transfer yourself all the accessible points and then put it up for sale. That one was FULLY loaded if I recall, so it looks like she got 1400 points for a few grand? Pretty good deal IMHO if you don't mind the paperwork.

Yes, it came with 1050 points that we rented out and that covered the commission, the original closing, the '17 MF and of course the $11 difference in price per point between purchase and sale. We transferred them all over to existing accounts so we wouldn't have to wait too long to close. We also have some BCV points stashed away now with home resort advantage which is nice!

It did sell a bit faster than I expected to be honest so that's nice.

It was always the intention to do this, correct :). Though we might hang onto the SSR for now and sell the OKW seeing as it ends sooner and has higher dues...decisions, decisions!

Scuba, you are welcome to give me all of your points.

Last edited:
Scuba, you are welcome to give me all of your points.

I didn't know it was comedy night on the DIS! ;)

Actually, what I'd REALLY enjoy doing is taking some underprivileged families from the south side of Chicago or even a poor area around where I currently live. Give someone else a chance to experience it. If I actually do end up being the sole owner someday, I'll look for an organization that can help facilitate that for me. That's what would really bring me some DVC joy! For myself, I can take it or leave it at this point. (But I'll keep the ROFR tool going regardless!) Anyway, off topic for this thread. RESUME contract posting please..... NOW!

Au contraire. Truth be told, I'm jealous that you get to sell! I've completed one trip with points and have decided that DVC is a total ripoff. Nevertheless, the family loves it, so it is my life, at least until 1/2042 or DW decides she's had enough of me! :headache:

On another note, I just posted some updated code. It's pretty boring for you all, my beloved users, being only a bunch of "under-the-hood" changes. However, the important thing is that the use years will now update automatically. In other words, on 1/1/17, it will prompt for UY points in 2015-2019, instead of 2014-2018 like you see today. Otherwise I would have had to manually change that in about 25 places every year right on January 1st. (Obviously I'll still have to update the resort list, like when copper creek whatever hits the market and we start using boulder ridge villas, but that's ONE easy change and is not as frequent or time sensitive.)

We SO appreciate all of your hard work on this tool! I for one can say that it has unequivocally changed my life. No more sitting there with a calculator trying to see whether people including all of the closing costs...

I love the update too :flower:

I didn't know it was comedy night on the DIS! ;)

Actually, what I'd REALLY enjoy doing is taking some underprivileged families from the south side of Chicago or even a poor area around where I currently live. Give someone else a chance to experience it. If I actually do end up being the sole owner someday, I'll look for an organization that can help facilitate that for me. That's what would really bring me some DVC joy! For myself, I can take it or leave it at this point. (But I'll keep the ROFR tool going regardless!) Anyway, off topic for this thread. RESUME contract posting please..... NOW!
It's always comedy night around here, it's just that nobody appreciates it enough...

I *think* that Give Kids the World might be a good candidate for point donations, though I'm not sure- in case anyone is thinking along those lines as well :).

Holy cow...180 a point ! Last year it was 170 and we declined too and bought resale. Still crossing my fingers your third one goes through!

Yeah, I saw that page I think that BLT is the only resort that went up this October, but I'm not positive. I thought it was $160.

Both BLT and VGF went from $170 to $180 this past February. (Because $170 isn't obscene enough, apparently.)

Beautiful isn't it? Even better than before. My mid-to-late 1990s web design skills really paid off this time. :sad2:

Can you fix the DVC site too? Pretty please with some plaid shirts and Temple of the Dog sprinkled on top (how is that for mid to late 90's references)!!!

Sorry, thread drift. Totally on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter