• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rogers the Musical coming to DCA this summer!! **Edit: Opens 6/30**

Looks like show times are 12:30PM, 2:00PM, 4:00PM, and 5:30PM. Our first day in the park is 7/7, so I'll be checking here for reviews from the first couple of days of the show, but I could see springing for the premium viewing. We're big Marvel fans, and we're already spending so much on everything else in the park, I'll gladly pay another $30/person if it reduces our stress level for the day.
The website has those times so that seems to be it

I hope its easy to get a ticket to a show...but with only 4 showtimes....I just hope its easy or its going to upset some people that the only way to see it is premium

The website has those times so that seems to be it

I hope its easy to get a ticket to a show...but with only 4 showtimes....I just hope its easy or its going to upset some people that the only way to see it is premium

If they use the same number of seats as Frozen, there are 1984 seats, so 4 performances will hold 7936 people. If they return it to full capacity, that's 2000 seats so 8000/day.

Premium is not the only option - there is VQ and stand by. And the article indicated Premium is limited, so clearly not all seats are going to be Premium.

Assuming they haven't reduced the number of seats, there are 1984 seats, so 4 performances will hold 7936 people.

Premium is not the only option - there is VQ and stand by. And the article indicated Premium is limited, so clearly not all seats are going to be Premium.
About 27,000 people go to DCA alone, not including if you have a ticket like me that is a park hopper.

If the tickets are like WOC and last a little while then cool but if they are gone within 2 mins each time they drop more times...that sucks

Also yes there is a standby but I'd assume only a few hundred people at max from that, especially on busy days. I doubt most people will book a ticket and not show up

About 27,000 people go to DCA alone, not including if you have a ticket like me that is a park hopper.

If the tickets are like WOC and last a little while then cool but if they are gone within 2 mins each time they drop more times...that sucks

Also yes there is a standby but I'd assume only a few hundred people at max from that, especially on busy days. I doubt most people will book a ticket and not show up
Then you set your priorities. If it's that important to you, budget for the Premium, start your day in DCA, and make getting the Premium ticket your first stop. It's what I'm planning to do.

Then you set your priorities. If it's that important to you, budget for the Premium, start your day in DCA, and make getting the Premium ticket your first stop. It's what I'm planning to do.
You and I are on here

I'm talking about normal people, I hope people get to see this but for a 30 mins show that is only running for 2 months....they could have had more then 4 show times. Prety sure Aladdin and Frozen had 4+ and those were 40-60 min shows

You and I are on here

I'm talking about normal people, I hope people get to see this but for a 30 mins show that is only running for 2 months....they could have had more then 4 show times. Prety sure Aladdin and Frozen had 4+ and those were 40-60 min shows
"Normal" ppl should plan accordingly too if they are interested in something.

I do agree that only 4 shows a day seems very limited.

I'm not nervous for me, because I'll be in the parks a few times between the start and end of the show's run so I'll have more than one chance to see it. But I'm bringing a friend who can ONLY be there one day (and the only day that worked was opening day of course).

I've had very good luck with VQs in the past so I'm hopeful my luck hasn't run out. (And I would happily pay for the premier upgrade, just for everyone's comfort and a guaranteed seat. But I don't know what that line is going to look like at Studio Catering on DAY ONE. Oof.)

...I don't know what that line is going to look like at Studio Catering on DAY ONE
Likely to sell out for the day immediately after rope drop. Onsite hotel early entry might be helpful.
Sales through the Disneyland App would be much more efficient, but unknown if that will be available.

Likely to sell out for the day immediately after rope drop. Onsite hotel early entry might be helpful.
Sales through the Disneyland App would be much more efficient, but unknown if that will be available.

Studio Catering doesn't open until 11:00 AM. So unless they're changing that, it will not be sold out for rope drop and early entry will not help.

Looks like show times are 12:30PM, 2:00PM, 4:00PM, and 5:30PM. Our first day in the park is 7/7, so I'll be checking here for reviews from the first couple of days of the show, but I could see springing for the premium viewing. We're big Marvel fans, and we're already spending so much on everything else in the park, I'll gladly pay another $30/person if it reduces our stress level for the day.
I agree about the premium viewing, it seems like a decent price for what you get. I'll be curious to see how people like it. We'll be there the week of July 5, so hopefully we'll be able to see the show at least once.

I had to book an extra day to go because the only day we were originally going is a non-show day, argh...
Now to find a hotel to stay at :)

I agree, for the first day or two. All the website posters, "influencers", and rabid have-to-be-first-at-everything-Disney people will treat this like the latest popcorn bucket or tiki mug at Trader Sam's. But the show itself (and I'm saying this as someone who is really excited about it) is only going to appeal to a certain percentage of park guests, and I don't think it will be as re-watchable as Aladdin was. So just like many of the things Disney has used a VQ for in recent memory (Webslingers and Runaway Railway come to mind), they will be forced very quickly to revert a more traditional show-up-and-get-in method.

If I'm wrong, and this thing goes viral and becomes the next must-do experience, then Disney may even end up extending the "limited time run" of the show itself. But I think that would have been more likely had any of these three things happened:
- Avengers Campus was actually a worthy theme park land that drew fans to it
- Disney had this show ready to go right when Rogers the Musical became a pop sensation on Disney+
- They hadn't let the Hyperion Theater run dark for so long that most guests have gotten used to it that way

Any chance it will be extended? Did they say why it is a limited run?

Any chance it will be extended? Did they say why it is a limited run?
They haven't said, but one could guess that they feel they don't need the extra attraction after August. The out-of-town visitors will be back home because their kids are starting school again, so there's no use appealing to them. And the locals will start coming to the parks as soon as Hallowe'en Time begins on September 1st, so they don't need an additional incentive. But I bet Disney will bring the show back when they want to nudge attendance again.

Disney has taken a few steps to bring more people to DL this summer, so July-August makes sense for marketing this show. (Although I'm surprised they didn't start it earlier in June.)

They haven't said, but one could guess that they feel they don't need the extra attraction after August. The out-of-town visitors will be back home because their kids are starting school again, so there's no use appealing to them. And the locals will start coming to the parks as soon as Hallowe'en Time begins on September 1st, so they don't need an additional incentive. But I bet Disney will bring the show back when they want to nudge attendance again.

Disney has taken a few steps to bring more people to DL this summer, so July-August makes sense for marketing this show. (Although I'm surprised they didn't start it earlier in June.)
We live in Niagara Falls, Canadian side. We can't go to Disneyland as often as I wish. We will go during Christmas this year. As mush as I like Christmas, we always stuck with the same Christmas parade, I wish we can go this summer but I booked our DVC stay 11 months ahead. Can't change it now. :(

We live in Niagara Falls, Canadian side. We can't go to Disneyland as often as I wish. We will go during Christmas this year. As mush as I like Christmas, we always stuck with the same Christmas parade, I wish we can go this summer but I booked our DVC stay 11 months ahead. Can't change it now. :(
That's too bad, but I can't imagine they went to the trouble of writing all those new songs and mounting a production just for a single two-month run. Maybe you can book a DVC room for next summer and cross your fingers! 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter