Roll Call. Oct.19,02

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're with you. Diana, Greg, Ian (10), Alina (6), Lianna(4), Annika (3) and Diana's Dad and his wife. Can't wait!!!:pinkbounc

Ted and Sandy, we'll probably be on the same plane! We're from Littleton too! But hey, no kids??? Diana might loan you a couple, that is, if the grandparents will share.
I can't believe how anxious I am for October to come. We even have a week long "pamper us silly" rafting trip and a California trip in between now and October. But all I think of is this cruise!!
So much anticipation then it will be finished so soon.
Hi to David, Krista and Clare too. I wonder if we could get a time in that chat room?? Anyone been in there yet? Maybe when the trip date is closer. (will it ever come). Glad to here from you all.
:wave: Welcome to everyone still to post.

Hi DreamsDoComeTrue, didn't even notice that you were from CO. We are flying out the morning before on Frontier. We are staying at the Radisson. No kids, that's right. We had one daughter and her boyfriend with us this last January and decided to go on our own this time. Besides that, DD is going on the Magic again in May with his family and on the Wonder in Sept. She is NOT hurting!!! We have twin daughters and the other one is busy planning her wedding and cannot take time off. For some reason, the honeymon comes first. They plan on a week at WDW and then a week on the Magic for their honeymoon. See you there!

I just love having everyone checking in. We are very excited for October.
Have you all sailed with Disney before. We sailed without Clare in May of 2000 and had a great time.
Look forward to chatting more toward the date.
Krista

We sailed in October 2000 and had a GREAT time! Only 2 of our kids were old enough for the programs then so we always had 2 with us and still had so much fun. Unbelievable as it sounds our 4 year old (then 2 year old) probably had the best time and STILL talks about the big boat and is so excited about going again! I'm just so happy they can all 4 go in the clubs so we get some Mommy and Daddy time! Of course if Ted and Sandy WANT to borrow some .........:-) :-) :-)

We will be there. DH (Jerry) and myself. We will also be on the week before.

Oh gosh, disney6. I know that we have plans the time that you would need us. Ha Ha!! I am sooooo sorry. BUT----Denine and Jerry will be on 2 weeks in a row and I am sure that they will be longing for little ones about that time. Try them. Actually, I clown around about the kids but I know that we would have just as much fun with them as without them. When they were younger, we did EVERYTHING as a family. We are now very close because of it.

Originally posted by jiminyC_fan
When they were younger, we did EVERYTHING as a family. We are now very close because of it.
Thanks for pointing that out! I love doing *almost* everything with my kids. They're good company.
The Jiminy's and Danine's still leave me boggled on one thing however... since you aren't with your kids at this time... why a Disney cruise?? I have a few theories floppin' around, maybe it's because the service is just SO incredible, (I'm a first timer you know), or maybe, it's a celebration of having "Graduated". For instance, when you hear a kiddo screaming over what a brother just dropped into their shirt, or yet another "life is unfair" demand, you get to sigh and think, hey, it's not mine. LOL Tell me, am I close?
Just for the record now, I am very grateful for the presence of seasoned pros on board, and our not being so frighteningly out numbered by kids!
So glad to hear from you all!:wave:

We choose Disney over other lines because it is more PG rated than the other lines. We do not drink (that much) or gamble. Other lines do not separate the adults from the families as well as Disney. Actually, children mean a lot to me so therefore, they do not bother me. It is great knowing that the kids that are acting up are not ours and we don't have to deal with them. It is just as much fun watching those precious faces light up when they see the characters. We are very Disney-fanatics. In fact, our daughter that is getting married in Sept of 2003 is having a Disney theme. Cake, invitations, deco etc. But----we are not ruling out other lines. We would like to go to Alaska. I believe it will be on the Princess. A friend of ours went a couple of years ago and had rave reviews. Maybe a couple of years down the way... after college for the girls is paid for and weddings out of the way.

Ah hah! I get it now !!! You're kids at heart.!!! Thank YOU!!!
:D I still have the occasional "Calgon, take me away" moments.
I'm so glad to hear your response. I was seeing so many adult only travelers and felt like, once again, I'd better try extra hard to keep my kids "reeled in" and not let them get underfoot or be audible to adult parties trying to enjoy themselves. They are really well behaved kids, but still, they're KIDS and laugh a lot, etc. I think that with the early seating, we'll be just fine. I'm so glad to hear your comments...
Actually, children mean a lot to me so therefore, they do not bother me.
I hope to meet you all on board.:wave:

We are in our mid-thirties and have no children, not by choice. We are Disney fanatics. We are Disney Vacation Club members and go to Disney 2-3 times per year. We also love to cruise, so what better combination! DCL is great for everyone. And the little girls are so cute dressed like their favorite princess for formal night!
We are leaving Saturday for a 10 day Panama Canal cruise on Princess. If Disney had this itinerary, we would be on it in a heartbeat!

Take me with you, Denine! Our friends took the cruise to Panama Canal and LOVED it. You will have a great time. Bon Voyage!

There will be 4 of us. Hubby, myself and our kids Ryan (will be 15 months old) and Leena (5 years old).

Your Cody and my Leena will be in the same age group at the Oceaneears Club (5-7 year olds):D

My Alina will be in that group also!!! She'll be 6 this July. I just need to find a responsible, quiet 10 yr old boy as mine is already nervous about not meeting anyone (very reserved and shy).

Yep, he'll be there, and probably my daughter will want to bump down to be with him for the first couple of visits anyway. She just loves mothering younger kids, and is a bit shy and self conscious around her own age group or slightly older kids. If the activity is better in her older group however, she'll be gone in a flash!
I'll have to tell Cody about Leena! Is she cute? LOL He gets chased around by the girls at school. She isn't too fast of a runner is she? Haa
Oh, and Disney6, I just read yours too (we were typing at the same time:p ) I hope we can work out a meeting on the first evening, then at least the kids will recognize someone and feel better, whether they hit it off or not. You know what I mean? He could even e-mail Katie in advance.

I propose that we have our own little informal wine tasteing party everyone brings a bottle of their favorite. Maybe not the very first evening come to think of it. You want to meet me sober after all LOL:D I would like to something the first evening however.
(Oh, this busy server business Argggggh!:crazy:
Talk to you all later. :wave: Lori

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter