Captain's Grille
Yachtsman's Steakhouse

The cast:

Me, age 43
DH, age 42
DM, age 65
DD, age 18
DDBF, age 18

These reviews are quick and to the point - so you should be able to fly right through them.:)

ROARING FORK - Ate alot of breakfasts here, grabbed snacks and the occasional beer to take up to the room at night. Decent food court, but after staying at the values and POR, it seemed small with less choices - the dining area is also small - sometimes you really had to search for somewhere to eat (outside was often the only choice).

During the week, DH and I both had the Bounty Platters for breakfast - very good, loaded up - I'd recommend it. I also had a blueberry muffin which was very moist and delicious. DM had a frozen strawberry yogurt which she raved about.

WHISPERING CANYON - Ate one breakfast here. Had Chad from New Orleans as our server - he was nice, but not animated enough for the WCC.

We all shared a fruit plate which consisted of honeydew melon, cantaloupe, red grapes, pineapple and maybe watermelon (but I didn't get any of that so I don't remember LOL) - very good!

Me - Two eggs w/ bacon & side of wheat toast - excellent

DH - Ham & Cheese omelet - he enjoyed it, no raves though.

DM - Belgian waffle - she LOVED it.

DD - Ham & Cheese omelet - same as DH, enjoyed it, no raves.

DDBF - Belgian waffle - he also LOVED it - his had chocolate chips in it.

PRIVATE DINING WILDERNESS LODGE

DD got pancakes & sausage - she enjoyed it, no raves. The private dining delivery CM was very friendly (and from Buffalo, NY where we're from, so that was cool) and prompt.

BEACHES & CREAM - liked the old-fashioned soda shop atmosphere, very relaxed and fun. Forgot our server's name, but she was nothing to write home about anyway.

Me - Beaches Chocolate Cake - Cake was a bit dry, ice cream was good.

DH - No Way Jose - LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it

DM - Chocolate soda - enjoyed it

DD - Hot dog & fries (she just got out of work, so she needed real food) - she liked it alot, but she also eats that most days on her break (she works at the Y&B Clubs taking private dining orders), so it was the same-old for her.

DDBF - No Way Jose - Loved it.

ESPN CLUB

Server was friendly, but generally, non-existent. We waited forever for drink refills and pretty much everything else. Again, I forgot her name, but she was a pretty forgettable server. I do remember that her name tag said she was from Orlando though.

We all shared the Macho Nachos - outstanding!

Me - ESPN Dingers Flame - They were good, but absolutely no way were they flaming - they were actually quite mild. Cheesecake was truly delicious.

DH - Burger - I assume it was OK, but no raves whatsoever.

DM - 1/2 Rack Ribs - LOVED them

DD - ESPN Dingers Plain - She ate them - but that's all there is to say. Chocolate cake was dry, she ended up giving some of it to me - it was OK, but definitely dry.

DDBF - 1/2 Rack Ribs - LOVED them

TEMPO GRAB & GO

Me - Flatbread cheese pizza - VERY delicious - I would go back just for that! Cheesecake was pretty good too, not great, but good.

DH - BBQ Pork Sandwich - he really liked it. Loved the Key Lime pie too.

DM - Same as DH - same opinions too.

PIZZAFARI

Me - Cheese Pizza was delicious! I just love Pizzafari, it's always been my favorite counter service place at WDW anyway. The apple pie was yummy!

DH - Pepperoni pizza was "eh", he also had a frozen lemonade which he enjoyed.

DM - Pepperoni pizza was "eh", she had the apple pie too and loved it.

50'S PRIME TIME

This has always been my favorite TS restaurant and it still is. Our server was Rosie and she was very good in her role. Not overly dramatic, but just enough to make us feel we were immersed in a "show".

Me - Pot roast - I LIVE for this stuff, it NEVER disappoints. I also had an Electric Lemonade, which also never disappoints - great stuff.

DH - Char-grilled chicken sandwich - No comments that I remember, so I guess it was good enough.

DM - Pot roast - her first time eating it and she was thanking me left and right for recommending it.

DD - Fried Chicken - it's her repeat favorite at 50's - she shared a little with us and we all agreed, it's excellent. She also had the Smores and shared some with me, very good if you're a smores fan.

DDBF - Fish sandwich - he liked it alot.

LE CELLIER

Always a good experience here, and this visit was good too.

Me - Grilled Steak Burger - The best burgers anywhere. I look forward to having one at Le Cellier every trip. This one happened to be a little too messy which was a bit of a bummer, but other than that, it tasted awesome. I had the cheesecake for dessert which was very good.

DH - Mushroom Filet Mignon was excellent, Chocolate Moose also delicious.

DM - Mushroom Filet Mignon very good, enjoyed the cheesecake too.

DD - Caesar Chicken Salad - great, but waaaayyy too much food on the plate.

CAPTAIN'S GRILLE

Perhaps it was because our DD works at the YC, but EVERYONE at this restaurant was exceedingly friendly. We all had the breakfast buffet and we all agreed, it was outstanding.

YACHTSMAN'S STEAKHOUSE

It doesn't get the label as being one of the best in WDW for nothing. It really IS an amazing place to eat. The food, the service, the atmosphere, it's all there in mega doses.

Our server was Oscar from El Salavador, he was absolutely wonderful. Friendly, knowledgable, not a hoverer, but always available when you needed him. Loved him, would request him again.

Me, DM & DD all had the Filet - the most delicious steak I've ever tasted. Blew Le Cellier out of the water! The red wine sauce was to die for. I can still taste it now - an absolute "must do" for every trip from now on. I also had the Strawberry Basil Lemonade which was out of this world and my DM had some sort of Cucumber Cooler which she enjoyed quite a bit. DH stuck to Michelob Ultra (he's a beer and steak kinda guy LOL) I had the Sorbet Trio for dessert, DM had Creme Brulee. Neither was worth writing home about. DD had the gelato, which, she said was OK.

DH - Porterhouse - which he was loving alot until he tasted some of my filet - and then he said he wished he had ordered that instead. But nonetheless, a great steak, the porterhouse. He also had the gelato for dessert, again, just OK.

So that's it folks. By the time we left, we all were in need of a rolling cart to get us out of there - DDP was well worth the money - if for nothing else, the Yachtsman - that place is worth THREE TS credits - but don't tell Disney that.;)

1. Love the title :thumbsup2

2. No Way Jose is my favorite dessert in all the World!!!!:yay: :love:

3. Going to Yachtsman for the first time in June and I'm really looking forward to it :cool1:

Thanks for sharing your reviews. We're going to Yachtsman for the first time in November, can't wait!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter