Rollators and ECVs

chrisney

Mouseketeer
My husband will need a rollator to reach the front of the park. We will rent an EVC there. Can he leave the rollator at the rental location? Thanks in advance.

WE just moved to Orlando and he joined us very recently (was in rehab in Md.). I already use a personally owned Travelscoot, but we'd like to avoid purchasing a second ECV since he hopes to recover enough to not require it!

I hope that he can. I have yet to see a scooter attachment for transporting a rollator. I thought I did, but it was an attachment for a walker, not rollator.

My husband will need a rollator to reach the front of the park. We will rent an EVC there. Can he leave the rollator at the rental location? Thanks in advance.

WE just moved to Orlando and he joined us very recently (was in rehab in Md.). I already use a personally owned Travelscoot, but we'd like to avoid purchasing a second ECV since he hopes to recover enough to not require it!

Hi! I have a TravelScoot (or three... 🙃 ) and just wanted to say hello!
I am pretty sure he can leave the rollator there, especially if it folds. I know that other folks here have left (personal) manual chairs there in the past, and I believe a rollator or two as well.

I will keep a happy thought for him that he has the very best possible recovery!

Hi! I have a TravelScoot (or three... 🙃 ) and just wanted to say hello!
I am pretty sure he can leave the rollator there, especially if it folds. I know that other folks here have left (personal) manual chairs there in the past, and I believe a rollator or two as well.

I will keep a happy thought for him that he has the very best possible recovery!

Thanks Mamabunny! I've been here a long time, just really usually a browser. You were one of the reasons I went for the Scoot despite the cost. And the fates played out well because I got it less than a month before my husband went in to the hospital for what turned into a 3 1/2 month stay to have a LVAD (basically an artificial left side of his heart) implanted. I would have been unable to support him (COPD and can''t walk any distance) without B-B (Big Bertha. She's very special to me, as she has allowed me to to maintain some independence. Just got a headlight and taillight so I'm not such a threat after dark at the parks...although with some of the walking people I swear I could be wearing a strobe lit flaming shirt and they would still walk into me!

To answer my own question, since we went to Festival of the Arts today...yes, they will store a rollator where obility devices are rented. And he did acknowledge.the fact that the ECV was needed.

I rented a wheelchair for my mom after she used her rollator to get inside MK and they stored the rollator there-they gave me a tag to claim it later.

Yes to your question. I’ve done it myself at AK. The cast member will take your rollator to the back and when you return the ECV, they will bring your rollator back out to you.

Thanks Mamabunny! I've been here a long time, just really usually a browser. You were one of the reasons I went for the Scoot despite the cost. And the fates played out well because I got it less than a month before my husband went in to the hospital for what turned into a 3 1/2 month stay to have a LVAD (basically an artificial left side of his heart) implanted. I would have been unable to support him (COPD and can''t walk any distance) without B-B (Big Bertha. She's very special to me, as she has allowed me to to maintain some independence. so I'm not such a thrJust got a headlight and taillighteat after dark at the parks...although with some of the walking people I swear I could be wearing a strobe lit flaming shirt and they would still walk into me!

To answer my own question, since we went to Festival of the Arts today...yes, they will store a rollator where obility devices are rented. And he did acknowledge.the fact that the ECV was needed.
Yes, Epcot seems so dark to me. We add a battery light from the dollar store to hang from the basket. We try to hang it low enough to not shine into the faces of kids in strollers. Also some spots inside rides are so dark, like Little mermaid.

Yes, Epcot seems so dark to me. We add a battery light from the dollar store to hang from the basket. We try to hang it low enough to not shine into the faces of kids in strollers. Also some spots inside rides are so dark, like Little mermaid.

I'm like you - I try to place any headlights/tail lights where they are least likely to shine in the eyes of the littles who are stroller riders. They have no control over their environment, virtually no view of anything but shoes and butts, and it just seems mean and rude to blast their eyes with LED lighting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter