Room Advice Please :-)

tksbaskets

DIS Veteran
We are planning our second cruise for our family. Our last cruise we were on deck 7 in room 7510 and loved the location. We will be taking a week cruise next and I was thinking that a verandah of some type would be nice.

OK you experts -
Will we be as content in the slightly obstructed verranda 7620 (catagory 7) or should we pop for a regular verandah room towards the front of the ship?

We are creatures of habit - my DH says, "I liked where we were on the Wonder"

Any pros/cons on being in the front or the back of the ship?

THANKS!!

Personally, I would be fine with one of the obstructed verandah rooms. There is not all that much obstruction...for the price, it's an absolute steal.
I am an aft person because as you go farther aft, there is less foot traffic and more peace and quiet. I don't like hallway noise, so my favroite stateroom is 5650, which is all the way at the butt end of deck 5 (hubby and I are creatures of habit, too, and deck 5 is our favorite). The elevators forward and aft tend to be less crowded than those midship, and forward is a convenient location too because you are right above and below all the "fun" (remember: forward = fun, aft = eat).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I've never cruised.... But, I would definately consider the so-called 'obstructed' verandah! It looks like this type of verandah may have a tiny bit more privacy, with more than just the partitiion on the one side. And I wonder if it would cut down on the wind just a little too! Somebody here should know!!!

Another vote for the obstructed verandah if you can get it! -- More money to spend elsewhere!

I had thought about booking one myself but was afraid I would be more prone to motion sickness in those rooms. Aren't they the last rooms in the back of the ship?

I would have loved one of those for our December cruise.. unfortuneatly all the MODERATORS scooped them up so I had to pay for a regular cat. 6. The obstructed look fine to me and a GREAT price!

Originally posted by 4myguys
I had thought about booking one myself but was afraid I would be more prone to motion sickness in those rooms. Aren't they the last rooms in the back of the ship?

The obstructed verandah staterooms (cat. 7) are 6134, 6634, 7120, 7620.

I'd go for the obstructed verandah as well, but I'd need someone to watch my youngest as these cabins only sleep 3. Any volunteers? :teeth:

Hi again Ann.

all the MODERATORS scooped them up so I had to pay for a regular cat. 6.

Wouldn't it be easier if your "plow man" was also a Dis Moderator? Then you would only have to flip (
zxflipoff.gif
) one person...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter