Room Occupancy Sensor??

A Mickeyfan

DIS Veteran
I was reading a description of the PBH and it said it had a room occupancy sensor. What is that?? Is it some sort of techno thing that counts the people in your room?? And does the HRH have it too?? I will be staying at the RPH in Aug and the max occ for the room is suppose to be 5. We will have 2 queen beds. I don't plan on using one of their cots for $25 per night. Will they still charge me th extra $25 for the 5 person (it will be 2 adults & 3 kids)???

Originally posted by A Mickeyfan
I was reading a description of the PBH and it said it had a room occupancy sensor. What is that??

I'm pretty sure all it does is control the AC/heat & maybe let the maid know if people are in the room. I can't imagine it actually counts the people in the room.

I wonder if they ever actually worked as far as telling the maids if there's someone in the room?

Mickey fan, I hope one of those kids is reaaaly small.:p

hmmm maybe it's that mysterious bathroom scale they provide... I wondered why anyone would want to weigh themselves while on vacation but sure enough none of us could resist- we all stepped on to see if it was "accurate"... so now I see the conspiracy... a little microchip senses the different weights and transmits the information.... oh my goodness...now the hotel staff knows what I weigh!!! ARGGGHHHHHH....

Honestly I don't think you will have any trouble sticking 3 kids in one bed unless you are a family of giants or very restless sleepers. My 11 and 13 year olds both snuggled with me in one of the beds with room to spare last trip-
:smooth:

Originally posted by nhrenee
I wonder if they ever actually worked as far as telling the maids if there's someone in the room?

I know it didn't work while I was there, nor did the DO NOT DISTURB sign! One day I asked her what part of Do not disturb didn't she understand? I bet it was the NOT part!!! I did complain about it & wrote it on the comment card! Don't mess with me in the morning!!!
Just ask Robin! ;)

Originally posted by CPM

Don't mess with me in the morning!!!
Just ask Robin! ;)

uhoh2.gif

yup, she's NOT kidding....

Thank you for your answers. I have an air mattress that I am going to bring with me. I use to put all 3 kids in the same bed but now they are getting too old.....15, 13 & 9. The 15 is a boy, 13 & 9 are girls...if they were all girls, they would go in the same bed. In fact, even when we travel without my husband (just me & the kids), we have been bringing the air mattress for my son. I was just curious as to what that sensor thing was though......and Suzysezso you are so correct aabout the bathroom scale...that is the last thing I would want to know....gee....I checked in 7 pounds lighter...boy did I get my money's worth LOL!!

The room sensor actually detects movement in the room and turns the air/heat back on. When you leave the air conditioner will turn off thereby saving electricity while you're gone. You may notice that the room feels slightly warm on return but will cool down once you're "detected"

So that's what it was!

I always thought the cleaning crew hid in the corners and waited for you to get out of your room before they came in and changed your temp settings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter