"room only" discount ? Add DP ?

MiaSRN62

DIS Veteran
I have my son and gf booked for 5 nights on a "room only" discount at ASMusic. Can I add theme park tickets & then the Quick Service DP and still retain the "room only" discount ?
ps : (they already have MYW hoppers with 3 days left over from a previous trip but I know they wouldn't be allowed to use them)

Thanks !

As long as you add at least a one-day ticket, you should be able to pay for the QSDP or any DDP you want. You just cannot add FREE dining to a room discount.

The discount must apply to a package. You can't get the DDP without a package reservation. Most of Disney's room discounts do apply to packages.

When you add DDP, your room only reservation becomes a package. You're then subject to package rules - $200 deposit, payment due 45 days out, cancellation penalties after 45 days, etc.

Thanks Nala....definitely something to consider on losing the room only discount. Since I already have the MYW hoppers and don't really need that one day MYW pass anyway.....and I would lose the room discount, I am now rethinking and booking with my DVC points. Was just trying to save on points....appreciate the input. We've never done the DDP---only the TIW, so I was so fuzzy on the rules.

Well, it's not guaranteed that you would lose the room discount. Most of these discounts DO apply to packages. You'd have to get tickets added though. You'd need to call Disney and see if you can keep the room discount on a package reservation with dining.

Honestly, the QSDP isn't that much of a savings. If they already have a room and all the park tickets they need, why not just give your son and gf the price of the QSDP in cash or gift cards?

another good suggestion smiths02 !
I did however switch it all. I now have them booked with DVC and the regular DDP. Thanks.....appreciate all comments :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter