Room request question!

mrsgoose8

Mouseketeer
Promise I will stop soon!
How much pull does a room request really get you? We are all set to be in a Jambo value studio, my understanding is there isn't much choice involved after that? Is there some room request I should be putting in for that I'm not aware of- or is it with a studio- you get what you get and don't get upset! ?
Thanks!

Promise I will stop soon!
How much pull does a room request really get you? We are all set to be in a Jambo value studio, my understanding is there isn't much choice involved after that? Is there some room request I should be putting in for that I'm not aware of- or is it with a studio- you get what you get and don't get upset! ?
Thanks!
There isn't much you can do with those other than request view and hope for the best. In general terms, requests are just that and often not honored. Years ago they put real effort into it and prioritized by order of when the reservation was made. They officially quit that process a number of years ago in favor of a "room ready" option. In practice it varies from one resort to another with little if any official direction on the matter. Medical related requests seem to get more attention and be more likely to be filled. I'd keep requests simple and no more than 2 if possible. For us it's usually no HC room and villas close together if more than one, occasionally near a given pool if at SSR and our grandson is going. Things like requesting a specific room are silly and inappropriate IMO given the way things are reserved with DVC.

You can NOT put in a request for the value rooms, either studio or 1-bdrm.

MS told me that I couldn't put in a request for a value view, but I could request a specific room. So naturally, I requested a room # that I knew I'd love. But I'm not sure if this ever works-when I got to Jambo, I was given a studio as far away as possible. And pool view, not the savannah view I'd hoped for. Oh, well-I was happy anyways. All value rooms have the advantage of wing closer to the elevator than some non-value rooms I've had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter