Room Service at Aulani?

sarahc85

Earning My Ears
I am hearing about how food can be hard to get at and around Aulani, especially for sit down. But is room service happening now, and is it decent?

I highly recommend everyone get a car for your stay. There are no other good options for exploring the Island without one. Kapolei is very close and easy to drive over to get decent food. Or, you can even have something delivered if you want. Plenty of good food within a 10-15 minute drive.

You can always order meals from DoorDash; we do that frequently at the Marriott Ko Olina. We’ve ordered Sushi Bay (our favorite sushi place),Genki Sushi (party platters), Pearl’s Korean BBQ (highly recommend), and once (for the adult kids) the good old standby of Panda Express. Just meet the driver at the entrance of the resort (they can’t deliver to your room). I’ve found that a great option after an afternoon of pool/beach time if I’ve had a couple cocktails so don’t feel comfortable driving or am too tired. Well worth a good tip for the drivers!

Hawaii also has Uber Eats and Grubhub if you’d like food delivered to the hotel. Each service has a handful of exclusive restaurants so it’s fun to browse the different sites.

If you have a full kitchen, you can also order pre-cooked meals from Costco that you just heat up in the oven.

I believe room service orders were prepared in the old Ama Ama kitchen so room service probably won’t return until next year when the kitchen is scheduled to go back into service.

Hawaii also has Uber Eats and Grubhub if you’d like food delivered to the hotel. Each service has a handful of exclusive restaurants so it’s fun to browse the different sites.

If you have a full kitchen, you can also order pre-cooked meals from Costco that you just heat up in the oven.

I believe room service orders were prepared in the old Ama Ama kitchen so room service probably won’t return until next year when the kitchen is scheduled to go back into service.

Costco meals are a great idea too!

I am hearing about how food can be hard to get at and around Aulani.
People are drama queens.

Food is not "hard to get" at or around Aulani. Like, at all.

They also exaggerate about the availability of pool chairs. Yes, if you have a party of 8 and go to the pool at noon, it might be hard to keep your group together. But that's also true at the Hilton Hawaiian Village or Coronado Springs Resort.

Last edited:
Called today to ask if room service has returned yet or is planning on returning. The CM told me it was still not available. When I asked if it will ever be coming back in the future, she admitted she does not believe it will ever return.

This very much surprised me and bummed me out. While my family typically never gets room service, we've made it a tradition of sorts to get breakfast in our hotel room once during our stays at these resorts.

Called today to ask if room service has returned yet or is planning on returning. The CM told me it was still not available. When I asked if it will ever be coming back in the future, she admitted she does not believe it will ever return.

This is pretty outrageous, but unsurprising in the age of Chapek. I don’t expect room service at a Days Inn. I do, however, expect that level of service at Aulani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter