Room size RPR vs. HRH?

grumpyandbashful

DIS Veteran
I am beginning to have second thoughts about cramming all 5 of us into one room at RPR, even tho it's only for 2 nights :rolleyes: !
Are the HRH that much bigger? Is there more space for a rollaway?
Any input appreciated!

There are deluxe rooms at the HRH that would sleep 5 people without the need for a rollaway. They cost more than a standard room, but you then don't need to pay extra for the rollaway and the rooms are bigger than the standard room. On the Universal website there is a comparison of the different hotels and they might show the room sizes.

T&B

I just check the UO website and it does list room sizes, but only compares the average room. It shows HRH at 365 sq. ft. and RPR at 335 sq. ft.. I don't know if they have averaged suites into that average. If so the number would be very misleading.

T&B

I've stayed in both, and I find HRH to be much more spacious. Maybe it is just the layout, but the extra space seems much bigger. I cannot imagine my family of four in the RPR room, I stayed there with DH and it was fine, but there was just enough room for us and our 1 suitcase.

...to HRH. The frustrating thing was that we had a deluxe pool view room at HRH with a great Entertainment rate, then due to an unforseen conflict we had to reschedule our dates at USE and rebook. No more deluxe rooms available at HRH at all! But at least we got a room there, although not cheaply :eek: !!

We've stayed at both the HRH and RPH with a family of 5. Fortunately, we were upgraded at RPH to a hospitality suite. I can't imagine putting 5 people in the standard RPH room, especially since my kids are teenagers! It felt like a huge size difference between the two places. I really loved both hotels, but will probably choose HRH next time because of the size.

I didn't notice the space difference between HRH and RPR. Maybe cause there's just the 3 of us. Me and my 2 small children. So either which resort we go with, it's not crowded.

My kids are all teens, too, and so I decided every bit of extra room would be worth it. My DS and I toured around RPR last summer (we were staying at HRH). It's a beautiful place - love the pool and main building - but I think maybe HRH will work better for us.
I am hoping maybe a larger room (like the deluxe room we originally had reserved) MIGHT open up for us.
Thanks, everyone, for your input! :)

Grumpyandbashful, I blame you for the extra money I shelled out today to switch to HRH!:teeth: I read this thread on Friday and I couldn't get the replies to your question out of my head. We're also a family of 5 and I hadn't even really thought about the room size. I have 3 strapping boys and I think RPR standard will be too small. I came back to this thread and didn't remember that we won't be needing the rollaway bed. Thanks for posting about your quandry, you made me rethink the situation and helped me out!:D

Good for you, Castillo Mom :D !
I wish we were able to get a deluxe room :( . We originally had one reserved at $189 with the APH discount. Now we couldn't get one at all, let alone with a discount. But at least we will have a little more space in a regular room at HRH vs. RPR.

We ae a family of 5 and I debated HRH OR RPH. However tight a squeeze we are staying at RPH cos I love the theming. If space was my main concern I would skip onsite and stay in a vacation home.:D

We had 2 rooms at RPR in 2002. There were 7 of us--my family of 6 plus my mil. Well my boys all wanted to stay in the same room with me. So we had 2 teens boys in 1 bed, me and 2 little ones (2.5 yrs and 5 months at the time) in another bed and mil and dh had the whole other room to themselves, lol. The room size was fine with me. I didnt feel crowded but Im used to have several kids under foot anyway.

HOW did you get 2 teen brothers to sleep in the same bed together?? :eek: !! Mine would never do that. We will probably have to get a rollaway and put one kid on the floor just to make 1 room work for us at HRH!

Originally posted by grumpyandbashful
HOW did you get 2 teen brothers to sleep in the same bed together?? :eek: !! Mine would never do that. We will probably have to get a rollaway and put one kid on the floor just to make 1 room work for us at HRH!

LOL, I just got so mad at my 13yo for complaining that he always has to share a bed with his 10yo brother on vacation. I told him that we are spending thousands of dollars on yearly vacations, vacations that I only dreamed about growing up, and that he had the nerve to complain about sleeping with his brother. I was not a happy mom right about then. :) My problem is that I also have a 16yo daughter and a 4yo (who is a very restless sleeper), so it isn't easy figuring out sleeping arrangements. ARG!!!

T&B

Originally posted by grumpyandbashful

LOL well really no one wants to sleep with my 16 yr old. He is over 6 ft (wears a size 14 shoe,lol), he is a bed hog, steals the covers and in general is a bad bed partner, lol. But my mil is crazy, harmless but the boys I and try not to spend to much time with her for fear we will have to disclose our bathroom habits and things of that nature. We were all more than happy to let dh stay with his mom and the rest of us cram in 1 room, lol.
Tigger&Belle ITA on people complaining about where they have to sleep. When I was a kid I would have killed for a trip to Disney, much less getting about 1 trip a year. That is one of the great things about DVC for our family size we need a 2 bedroom. 2 oldest do get their own beds. We put the baby in the crib and our 4 yr old sleeps with us.

Originally posted by 4greatboys
Tigger&Belle ITA on people complaining about where they have to sleep. When I was a kid I would have killed for a trip to Disney, much less getting about 1 trip a year. That is one of the great things about DVC for our family size we need a 2 bedroom. 2 oldest do get their own beds. We put the baby in the crib and our 4 yr old sleeps with us.

We sometimes put my 4yo on the floor because he's so awful to sleep with (I know, I tried to sleep with him last month at Pop Century). If we do that I guess my 13yo could have his own bed. Besides never having a vacation growing up like we very often take, most of our friends don't take nice vacations every year and a lot of them have rarely or never been to Orlando. My kids have not idea how good they have it, but I try to tell them on a regular basis. lol

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter