Roozlilone PJ/TR Saying "I Do" Again 7/17/08...Processional & Vows!

Our Very Windy Ceremony: The SetUp & Wait!

The hardest part about the ceremony was waiting for Amy to get everything set up and in place (the longest 5 minutes of my life :rolleyes1) The whole time I'm thinking there is no way we are going to make it through the ceremony before it started raining! :sad2: The wind was blowing so hard by this point (so much for the cute fans I had bought for the guests) and the sky was just black over the Yacht Club!!!:eek: And WHEN, not IF, WHEN the rain starts it wasn't going to be a quiet rain shower, it was going to be one of those horizontal rains....the kind that even the biggest umbrella can't protect you from...and my cake table was barely underneath the gazebo. :eek:

The Dark Clouds right behind us:
Picture261.jpg

Picture263.jpg

Here is what $60 worth of petals cost (in case anyone is wondering):

Picture264.jpg

Our Unity Candle Setup (we kept it pretty simple):

Picture266.jpg

Our wonderful Violinist Rob playing before the VR:

Picture268.jpg

Our Cake Table (Didn't do anything extra here and I was very pleased with how they dressed it up):

Picture272.jpg

My $25 Upgraded Cake (I was very happy with my cake. We brought our own cake topper. It was Almond Cake with Amaretto Mousse):

Picture271.jpg

Everything was pretty much ready to go and with the whole "lets beat the rain thing" I couldn't understand what was taking so long when Amy finally came over and told us she couldn't find the photographer! :scared1:

Picture262.jpg

Poor Rev. Jack just waited so patiently. He was the first person to arrive at SBP so he had been there awhile:

Picture265.jpg

Finally, after about 15 minutes of going back and forth with Amy they located our photographer and she was on her way. I believe (wasn't told this just my gut feeling) that it was the same thing as with the limo....I don't think the photographer was notified of the change of venue (note to future brides if you change venues make sure they notify everyone, don't just assume they will :thumbsup2)

So, we were finally ready to go....Joe took his place with Rev. Jack and still NO rain :thumbsup2 :

Picture274.jpg

Up Next: The Vows, Unity Candle, Lockets & Lots of Tears

Awww, can't wait to read the next part. Quick question...

Since you didn't use the standard mickey cake topper, did they still give it to you? Did you have to put the one you got yourself on the cake (like right when you got to SBP) or did you mail it to the bakery beforehand?

Your cake is lovely! You must have been really stressed to get going with the rain. I think I would have had a Bridezilla moment! Can't wait to read more!

I am so glad I found your TR!! I can't express to you how beautiful you and your girls are! I love everything you did! It all looked so beautiful Thank you so much for sharing this with us. DH and I will be renewing our vows in Nov 2009. I was going to walk down the aisle with DH, but I liked that you had your brother walk you down the aisle. How did you come to that decision to not walk down the aisle with him? I am asking cause I think you may have changed my mind about walking down with DH!LOL Also, as a fellow glasses wearer, I was glad to see you wore your glasses some of the time. I will have to do the same!

I can't wait to read more!

Awww, can't wait to read the next part. Quick question...

Since you didn't use the standard mickey cake topper, did they still give it to you? Did you have to put the one you got yourself on the cake (like right when you got to SBP) or did you mail it to the bakery beforehand?

Yes, you still get the standard mickey cake topper (comes with the package). We gave the topper to Amy when we arrived at the Boardwalk and she made sure it was put on the cake. I had it in my "box" with the unity candle, fans and programs. :goodvibes

Your cake is lovely! You must have been really stressed to get going with the rain. I think I would have had a Bridezilla moment! Can't wait to read more!

Yes, I was very stressed, but you will see in my next installment, during the ceremony itself I was so into the moment it could have rained pigs :rotfl: and it still would have been the most perfect moment ever! :lovestruc

I am so glad I found your TR!! I can't express to you how beautiful you and your girls are! I love everything you did! It all looked so beautiful Thank you so much for sharing this with us. DH and I will be renewing our vows in Nov 2009. I was going to walk down the aisle with DH, but I liked that you had your brother walk you down the aisle. How did you come to that decision to not walk down the aisle with him? I am asking cause I think you may have changed my mind about walking down with DH!LOL Also, as a fellow glasses wearer, I was glad to see you wore your glasses some of the time. I will have to do the same!

I can't wait to read more!

Awww...thank you, thank you, you are so sweet! :goodvibes Congrats on your VR!! You will have a blast! Actually, I originally was going to walk down the aisle with my DH too. You think, why not you are already married, right? But, there is something about walking down the aisle TO your fiance or husband that is truly magical to me, to see THEIR face when you are walking towards them and your eyes meet for the first time! :love: It's very special. I'm so glad I chose to have my brother walk me down the aisle. My brother felt very special too. He took his job very seriously. I would tell all fellow brides that wear glasses.....wear your glasses on all the important parts!!! It's worth seeing! I took my glasses off for all the posed photos, but other than that, I kept them on! :goodvibes

Everything looks so pretty! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks! OT, but I have to say Happy Birthday to my hubby today, Joe, he is 40 today! :cake: Interesting note....he is a Christmas baby and his Mom & Dad is named Joseph & Mary! :goodvibes

yeah i've been reading and all of a sudden it STOPS:(

I know, I know....Hannah plays select travel soccer and Joe is in the middle of high school soccer so life has been crazy to say the least plus we just got back from a short Disney trip. I have to get off my butt and finish my TR. Joe has already given me grief about it. I will finish!! Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

enjoying you report

Thanks! :goodvibes

I had to come out of lurking to tell you I'm so happy you're back. I was loving your PJ/TR and all of a sudden it just stopped. Glad to hear that it was just that you were busy. I'm looking forward to your next installments.:yay:

OMG i just realized I had been following your journal all last year! And then escaped from the boards for a while, but CONGRATS!!

Your dress is stunning!

You got married exactly a year from when I will be gettign married! That has to be lucky!

You had a escape package? We are going to renew our vows there in 2011!

I read the whole thing start to finish........ Can't wait to hear the rest. We would love love love to do a VR but not in the budget yet. We are going in feb 2010 which is our 15 year anniversary but maybe we can do it for our 20 year :)

Just got caught up on your whole PJ & TR...when I got to the end only to see that it is not finished...:rotfl:

Well looks like I will be sticking around to see how it all came together in the end.

You had some great plans, ideas, etc...you and your girls looked stunning...and the water bottles are not creepy but creative...maybe she said it wrong like the bus driver SAID Magic Kingdom but MEANT Downtown Disney...

Glad to see that you were blessed with pixie dust and no rain for your VR pixiedust:

Looking forward to the rest popcorn::

Wow I am glad I found this SBP is my dream location

you are so beautiful and your girls as well

I cant wait for more I love reading everyones TRs feeling like i was there I love your so farand will deffintly be sticking around cant wait for more

I will be following along

The Ceremony: Processional & Vows!

Where did I leave off??....Oh, yea, the wind was blowing, the heavens were about to open up and everyone was in their places....it was time! (I think this for me was the weirdest moment (in a good way) because you plan for it so long, when you finally get there, it's almost an out of body experience, it doesn't seem real, does anyone else feel that way?? Or am I just crazy?? :rotfl:)

The Processional:

Music: A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

My 2 Maids of Honor (Kaitlyn & Hannah). We decided to let them walk separately so they would have their own time in the spotlight:

Picture275.jpg

Picture276.jpg

Music: When You Wish Upon A Star

It was my turn...I wasn't nervous at all, but I had the stupidest look on my face? What was I thinking? :confused3

Picture281.jpg

Better picture, at least I'm smiling! :laughing:

pic3.jpg

My brother giving me away! ;)

Picture282.jpg

Rev. Jack did the nicest greeting and then went into the reading- I Corinithians 13 He was so warm and sincere and made it very personal.
Still no rain :woohoo: (but notice the dark, dark clouds), but the wind just wouldn't let up, I tried not get too distrated!!!

Picture284.jpg

We decided to write our own vows and I knew there would be no way I could memorize them :rolleyes1 So, the obessive compulsive side of me typed them up and stuck them in my bra.

Joe laughing after I manage to get my vows out:
Picture287-1.jpg

Then came the rain (not from the clouds, but from me), I couldn't get the first word out without starting to cry!! :sad1:

pic7.jpg

My Vows to Joe: "Joe, you are so much more than my husband, you are my best friend and soul mate. Even after 15 years, you are still the best part of my day. You still have the power to surprise me. You still make me laugh until my sides hurt. Thank you for making my dreams come true. Thank you for being the most special part of my day. I promise to always be your best friend and give you the very best of me. You are my Rooz. I love you will all my heart.....and I always will."

Trying to blow my nose:
Picture290.jpg

I had NO IDEA my kids were getting so emotional which made Joe & I worse! From that point on, I don't think any of us stopped crying! :hug:

pic2.jpg

Joe was up next with his vows. I wish I had a copy of them, but, of course, they were awesome and made me cry more:
Picture295.jpg

Up Next: Lockets, Unity Candle & Pirates! URRGH!

It sounds like your ceremony was beautiful and very moving.

About the out of body experience: that was how I felt too. I actually tried not to because I wanted to make sure I was "there", but I still did.

It's wonderful that you and your DH still love eachother so much!

It was so beautiful Jodi!

Now hurry before the rain comes!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter