Rope drop FOP w/ wheelchair

REEREEG

Mouseketeer
We were planning on getting to animal kingdom at 6:30am for 8am. We were going to book it to flight of passage but now one member of our party will need a wheelchair. Where is the wheelchair rental compared to where people are held? Would half our party be able to rent the scooter while the other half waits at bag check or before scanning bracelets? If not & we rent one off site to bring we would have to wait for Disney transportation instead of Uber...

I have no idea of the answer, but the disABILITIES forum may know better about most effective way to manage your situation. But if memory serves there used to be a brigade of wheelchairs inside the park gate, but I haven't been to a rope drop at AK since pandora opened to know how the AM wait goes now. But if you are renting a manual wheelchair you may be able to get it collapsed into an uber van/SUV from what I understand (and for a trip long ecv I think everyone would recommend an off site rental from my understanding). Sorry I'm not more help!

It was very easy to rent a wheel chair. They are available just inside the park. What we did was split our party. One group, who didn't have bags, went thru security easily and headed right to the wheel chair rental. The other group took backpacks through security and then met the first group at the wheel chair rental. Both groups were finished about the same time. If it turns out rental is taking a little longer the others can use the restroom prior to heading off to Pandora. Really wasn't a problem at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter