~!Rope Drops, Friends, and Food Oh My!!~

jadedbeauty14304

DIS Veteran
Well this is a little story about a little trip planned in advance, starring two people who love good food, good laughs, and enjoy both of those things at Walt Disney World!. Close friends from two different cities, Tom from Boston, MA and Tracy (me!!:goodvibes ) from Niagara Falls, NY are two people who both LOVE Disney!

Meet us..
I will start with me. My name is Tracy, I just turned 32, I am a mom to Tawney (who could not make it on this trip... sometimes mommy needs to get away and have some fun on her own..lol ) and I love Disney World. There is no other feeling like the one I get when I am at the World. I regress to 12 years old again! I love taking pictures, especially at WDW.
This is me when I first arrived!
WDWDec2008001.jpg

This is Tom, who is an all around nice guy. He can also be a major dork, (which is one reason I love him so dearly) and even though he is about 12 years my senior, we are the same age at the World!!! LOL

WDWDec2008040.jpg

Tom and I are friends, just friends. We enjoy each others company, and he is a good target for my jokes, which I make out of love. lol Really I do.

UP NEXT: My Arrival!

OK, this trip report starts with my arrival on December 8th. Tom had already been in Orlando for a golf tournament for a couple of days. I had a great flight in, no turbulence, no screaming babies, and I found my luggage right away at MCO, so I called Tom and he zipped by to pick me up in his very spiffy Camry rental car. We decided that some down time was necessary, and so we headed over to Saratoga Springs resort for some swimming, and hot tub action(yay for Tom and his DVC membership)! What an amazingly beautiful resort!! We stayed until dusk and I just had to take this picture of the fountain with DTD in the background...

WDWDec2008002.jpg

Once we hopped in the car and got back to our offsite hotel (GASP!:scared1: ) lol and showered and changed for our ADR at Bistro De Paris for that night. We stayed at the Radisson Lake Buena Vista and it was a nice room, in a nice hotel, with a stupid parking lot, and our room had a hideous view... which was..
WDWDec2008182.jpg

haha

nice room though.. very new and clean with sleep number beds...
just wasn't Disney
I didn't book it, Tom did.. lol BOO Tom!!!
Look, you are even BOO'ing yourself!
WDWDec2008215.jpg

LOL

Anyhow, so we got dressed up and headed to Epcot, and just had to go on Spaceship Earth because we were early and there was no line. We got a real kick out of our future story..lol
WDWDec2008022.jpg

Then it was off to the World showcase and we admired the wonderful Christmas decorations on the walk over. It was breathtaking.
WDWDec2008029.jpg

Then we were lucky enough to catch Impressiones De France movie before dinner, and it was great! I love that movie and Tom has some kind of an obsession for it..lol I swear he could watch it every day..lol

Our dinner at Bistro De Paris was AMAZING!!! I had the Beef Tenderloin and Tom had the Venison, and for dessert I went with the creme brulee and Tom had an apple tart which was the best thing I have EVER tasted!!!! I am happy we have a deal where we basically share our food with each other...lol That way we get to taste everything! lol :goodvibes

This is Tom's venison dish.. yummy yummy
WDWDec2008043.jpg

And this is my beef... yum yum
WDWDec2008044.jpg

And our desserts...
best ever apple tart!!!
WDWDec2008045.jpg

and a sampler of creme brulee
WDWDec2008046.jpg

We got to watch Illuminations from our table, and by the time we left, Epcot was completely empty. It was much easier to take some great pictures without being in a huge crowd of people...lol

WDWDec2008069.jpg

WDWDec2008075.jpg

WDWDec2008078.jpg

As we were leaving I noticed that the lights shining on these palm trees were changing color and I just had to get this shot, which is now my favorite shot of the trip...
WDWDec2008079.jpg

It was a long day and we both were asleep before our heads hit the pillows.

UP NEXT: AK rope drop, Excessive Expedition Everest, and the best Kilimanjaro Safari EVER!!

Those pictures are making me hungry!

And I love that movie also, always try to see it every trip. Did you see the show outside with the balancing waiters? Gotta love France.....

Those pictures are making me hungry!

And I love that movie also, always try to see it every trip. Did you see the show outside with the balancing waiters? Gotta love France.....

Yes I love the funny french chef and the big huge bottle of champagne!! lol I got to see them on my last trip. They are hilarious!

Day 2 was my first rope drop at Animal Kingdom!! I love the little show they put on before calmly walking you to the top attractions..lol This is my stomach...lol and the rope...lol
WDWDec2008093.jpg

Mickey is looking at me!!!
WDWDec2008102.jpg

WDWDec2008104.jpg

The beautiful tree at AK
WDWDec2008080.jpg

My Dis friend Bill!!!! and Minnie Mouse greeting me..lol I'm sure that means Good Morning in Swahili or something..LOL
WDWDec2008091.jpg

So we are proudly the first people in line for Expedition Everest, and sit in the second row on our first time on. The people already there must have been on a private tour or something.. lol So then we got off and went back in line for single riders, and then we got in line standby and waited for the front seat. It was great! We had a great time!! I took some pictures! (surprise surprise..lol)

WDWDec2008107.jpg

WDWDec2008114.jpg

WDWDec2008109.jpg

WDWDec2008113.jpg

Needless to say we just had to go on it a fourth time in the single rider line before I put an end to it. lol My stomach just could not take another backwards in the dark plunge...lol
Oh, here is our picture..lol
WDWDec2008116.jpg

So we made our way over to Africa and grabbed a Fastpass for the Safari. We had a half hour to kill so we went on the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch and just rode it there and back. It was nice to get out of the sun for a bit and to ride something that did not involve a high speed dip...lol Then we walked through the Gorilla trails and saw the most awesome gorillas!! I loved them!
WDWDec2008120.jpg

By the time we were through it was time for our fastpasses for the safari. It was a great safari! We sat in the front row, had a great driver (he was really hot and had a nice sense of humor) lol and some up close and personal animal experiences!
I just loved this giraffe taking a drink!
WDWDec2008133.jpg

And then this baby giraffe decided to come check out our vehicle! we had to stop for a minute to let it sniff us and then move on...lol
WDWDec2008134.jpg

WDWDec2008136.jpg

And I finally got to see a beautiful Lioness laying on the top of a huge rock!
WDWDec2008149.jpg

After the safari we decided to run over and grab fastpasses for EE before going to my favorite ride in the entire Animal Kingdom... wait for it... wait... for.. it....

DINOSAUR!

LOL
I love Disnosaur!
When I fastened my safety belt, it was wrapped around the little metal bars they have to hold on to, lol, and so it was a little loose. I got tossed around like a rag doll!!! It was awesome! Gotta love the horror we portray in our picture...lol
WDWDec2008167.jpg

We had some time before our EE fastpasses, so I suggested a cool refreshing treat! Tom got a orange juice bar and I got a Mickey Bar and it was GREAT! lol So we head back to EE with at least a little something in my stomach..lol
This time we again, wait for the front because it is the most awesome ride ever in the front. LOL This time I get my arms up all the way for the pic..lol

WDWDec2008169.jpg

I just want to say that I now hate that orange shirt I am wearing. I will never wear it again. I didn't realize how it gave me rolls when i sat down, or the weird indentation between my ****age. It is just not flattering at all. lol

Well we had a mixup for our Yak n Yeti lunch ADR meet, and I was really tired and just not feeling well (I think 5 times on EE may have had something to do with it) so we decided to head over to Old Key West resort to have lunch at Olivia's and do some swimming. I went down the sand castle slide! LOL It was a gorgeous resort!
WDWDec2008170.jpg

After swimming we stopped at French Quarter for a little walk around. I have always wanted to stay there! It is such a nice little resort! After walking around, I have decided that I will definitely stay there in the future!
WDWDec2008174-1.jpg

WDWDec2008178.jpg

After our little tours, we decide we are tired and cancel our ADR at Artist's Point.. head back to our room and order pizza and a bottle of wine (it was terrible.. but comfort food is comfort food!) and go to sleep really early. I woke up in the middle of the night and something caught my eye on the window. Now mind you we are on the second floor. lol For some reason we did not close the blinds tonight so I get out of bed to look and it is this weird little frog! On our window!
On the 2nd floor!
And I can see through it! It is white and clear and I can see organs! Now being sure that this is a dream I grab my camera and snap a picture! it wasnt a dream!
WDWDec2008180.jpg

Up next!: Best Day of Vacation!!!! EPCOT/MAGIC KINGDOM/Tony's for Lunch/ JIKO for Dinner!

Due to our early night Tuesday, Wednesday morning was an early one! We both were up, showered, and had grabbed breakfast ( Yay for McMuffins! :goodvibes, and those poor girls at McDonalds who just could not get the concept of "milk" and only milk in Tom's coffee) before heading to Epcot for rope drop. We were so early, in fact that we ended up waiting to get into the parking lot.lol I have never slept on a sleep number bed with a ton of pillows like the ones in the hotel, and I couldn't find my number to make me comfy. So even though I slept a long while, I had the disturbing frog on the window experience still in my mind, and just didn't sleep well. lol Since it takes approximately 3.5 minutes for Tom to get ready in the morning, I had a little time to try to find my number, and this was my reaction when I just couldn't find it!
WDWDec2008184.jpg

OK, So on to Epcot where of course we were first in line at the turnstiles... and I loved the holiday topiary in front of SSE...
WDWDec2008188.jpg

Once we were into the park, Mr. Fastwalker was the first to get to the rope...lol and since it was kinda breezey that morning, the fountain gave off a weird kind of fog, setting the perfect backdrop for Tom's "I am the king of the World!!!!" pose...
WDWDec2008191.jpg

We were both excited for this rope drop because of the character interaction.. I was excited to hug my boyfriend Mickey, and Tom was excited to watch me and document the occasion of my first Epcot ropedrop...lol He insisted on taking my camera and snapping pictures...

Us and the rope...
WDWDec2008192.jpg

Goofy gave me the biggest hug I have ever ever ever had!!! It was full body bone crushing wonderfulness! lol

WDWDec2008197.jpg

And then it happened... Mickey and I had a moment...lol
WDWDec2008200.jpg

It was off to Soarin' with the CM's who must take training classes on how to walk quickly and herd people like cattle! They did a great job. I tried to keep up but I always seem to be about this far back from Tom on any fast walking occasion...lol
WDWDec2008204.jpg

On Soarin', in honor of Patty, we were constantly saying wrong locations and laughing our butts off through the whole ride. Look, the grand canyon!, Niagara Falls!, Florida! LOL I kinda feel bad for those around us...lol but not really :cutie:
We had grabbed some fastpasses first thing, and my AP wouldn't work, and the CM's were just not around so we waited until after to try again. This time a CM was there and gave me a fast pass card, but our times were not coinciding. Tom told the wonderful CM at the fastpass return our story, and she very sweetly pulled out a fast pass for the current time (which matched Tom's) and traded it for mine! It was so nice! So we went right back on Soarin' again and were quiet and just enjoyed the ride.
We were Soarin'ed out after that, and headed over to Test Track and did a walk on single rider line experience, and then grabbed some fastpasses for later ...

WDWDec2008211.jpg

Tom headed over to Mission:Space and I sat it out because my belly was just not feeling up to a space flight. I got to see these guys perform which is really fun! I love the tall skinny one the best, doing his 80's dances..lol A little later in the day we happened to be walking at the same time and place as they were and I told him he was great...lol Then we went through some more classic dances like the lawn mower and shopping cart...lol
WDWDec2008207.jpg

Here I am waiting for Tom in the mission control space training lab (or whatever they call the place you exit M:S into) lol
WDWDec2008208.jpg

Then we did Test Track with our fastpasses, did the Stacy pose for the picture...lol I wasn't quick enough to get a pic of it before the photopass graphic came up...lol I hope the lady in our car didn't want a serious picture...lol If so, I hope she rode again to get one. lol
WDWDec2008213.jpg

At this point we decided to head over to the Magic Kingdom via monorail and do Splash Mountain! A favorite of both of us, it was our major objective for going to Magic Kingdom...lol That and our lunch ADR for Tony's..lol So we arrive and decide to hop the train to Frontierland, and we hit it at the exact moment that they had to take a train out of service. We were packed like sardines on the platform, so I took some pictures and tried to keep my claustrophobia from sending me into hyperventilationland... noone likes hyperventilationland. lol There is a reason Walt did not create one at WDW..lol The attractions would include an interactive experience with a sumo wrestler sitting on your chest, a pitch dark slow ride into hell, and a simulated ambulance experience...lol Not fun for people of any age or size. LOL
Tom got a nice picture from the angle he was wedged at though..lol
WDWDec2008220.jpg

Once we get to Splash, it is closed for technical difficulties, so we grab some fastpasses and decide to see if Pirates has a line. It was getting close to our Tony's ADR and we figured we could wait 20 minutes in a line and not be late. Well the timer said ten minute wait, both sides were open so we hop in line and surprise surprise, the end of the line was at the first turn right after you get inside. We decided this was going to be much much longer than we anticipated and snuck out a side door to find the Dole Whip stand!!!

After circling around a few times... because we both knew where it was but didn't agree on how to get there.. we finally got some pineapple floats and sat down and people watched while enjoying the wonderful refreshing pineappley yumminess!! Then we strolled down Main Street USA to Tony's for lunch.
I love love loved the decorations, and the GIANT Christmas tree that we were shocked to find right smack dab in the middle of town square..LOL :lmao: It was huge! Unmissable! Really it was!! :goodvibes
WDWDec2008232.jpg

WDWDec2008225.jpg

Love the Mickey wreaths the best though..lol
WDWDec2008227.jpg

OK, This is getting to be a super long post, and I just got home from working midnight shift, so I will continue later today with lunch at Tony's, our Splash Mountain experience, and Jiko dinner. This was a long day, a fun day and filled with great fun and laughter... one of those vacation days where everything is just right with the world...

So we made it lunch at Tony's Town Square Restaurant, but after our Dole Whips we were not as hungry as we would have liked to been. lol I love the Lady and the Tramp theme because it was Tawney's first favorite Disney movie.
WDWDec2008237.jpg

Tom had the spaghetti, and I had a chicken caesar salad, which was really good. I forgot to take pictures of our dishes until I decided to order the Tiramisu for dessert. It was WONDERFUL!!
WDWDec2008238.jpg

After lunch, we had a little time to spare before our Space mountain fastpasses, so we went to my favorite attraction in all of the Disney parks... Mickeys Philharmagic. I couldn't believe Tom had never been! On the way there Tom had to stop and tell Dumbo a secret...
WDWDec2008246.jpg

.. I wonder what he told him! :goodvibes

So then we made our way to Fantasyland, which is my own personal hell of screaming children and killer strollers, but the movie is sooooo worth it!!! I always tear up with Aladdin and Jasmine... anyhow... lol We then made it over to Splash Mountain!! Yay!!! I love Splash mountain because of the excessive amount of buttcheek action from Brer Bear..lol I just love his butt!! LOL
WDWDec2008258.jpg

After leaving the Magic Kingdom, we stopped back at our hotel, grabbed our swimstuff and headed over to Animal Kingdom Lodge, because Robin aka the blonde, and her children had checked in that morning. Had some drinks by the pool, sat and talked, Tom took a dip, and decided we really want to eat at Jiko instead of our original plans to head to Celebration for dinner. It was my first time at AKL, and I have decided I would love to stay there some time. It is a beautiful resort! I loved these light covers on the outdoor walkway...
WDWDec2008264.jpg

Dinner at Jiko was absolutely wonderful! We were seated in the wine room, and ordered a bottle of Pinotage from South Africa (I think..lol..can't remember a whole lot.. good wine!) We ordered the Chef's Special Flatbread for an appetizer, and it had rabbit meat on it! And I ate it! LOL I liked it too! Tom always has a way of getting me to try more adventurous food than I normally ever would. In September, I ate frog legs, escargot, and lamb for the first time with him! OH! I just realized I forgot about the appetizer at Bistro De Paris our first night.. he had ordered a plate of pate? i think it is called? and I ate some. It was ok until I found out what it was.. then it was just.. well.. i won't say gross, but not as good...lol

So for dinner I ordered the Pork Shank and Tom ordered the Ribs? I thinkl? Again..lol good wine...
here is Toms..
WDWDec2008267.jpg

And here is mine...
WDWDec2008268.jpg

They were both very very good, but Tom's was better. The sauce was just out of this world..
For dessert, I ordered some kind of pineapple dish, I don't remember the name..again.. wine.. sorry..lol
WDWDec2008269.jpg

It was so good, and a great end to a magnificent meal! The service was wonderful, the food was great, and the wine.. well.. yeah...lol :thumbsup2

On the way out I had to stop and grab a picture of the beautiful Lobby Christmas tree...
WDWDec2008271.jpg

Since I had never seen Celebration, we took a drive out that way and drove around the perfect little community. We drooled over Tom's dream house (someday you'll win the lottery and get it, I just know it!) and giggled at the names of the streets. It is such a perfect little place. I can only imagine how great it would be to live there.

Finally, after a long great day we made it back to the hotel and were asleep immediately.

UP Next : DHS and more friends at Epcot!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter