Rory's Birthday Trip Day 5

JulieH

Mouseketeer
DAY 5- THURSDAY 9TH JUNE 2005

We woke just before 7and got ready for breakfast at 7.30. We tried the Yacht Club that morning. DS wasn’t very hungry which wasn’t like him. In the foyer Goofy was there for photos but Donald Duck was due for the next half hour. DS hadn’t seen him yet in the park so DH went back to the room to get the autograph book. Poor Goofy there were lots of people waiting to see Donald and not him. Just before Donald came a CM said that it was Donald’s birthday so they played the same birthday song as at the party and we all had to clap for Donald when he came in. After DS got his autograph and had his photo taken we went back to the room and got organised to got to the park. As we went out of the hotel to walk the Minnie train came, DS had kept asking to go on this so we decided to go to the village on it. When we got off at Café Mickey we noticed that the balloon was getting ready. DS wasn’t too sure about it , but he watched it go up and down and then decided he’d give it a try. We really liked it, it was a great view of all the parks and hotels.

We went to the Studio to do the things we’d missed on Monday .We did Animagique and Cinemagique and watched the Lilo and Stitch show again (the full thing this time).I left DS and DH watching this and went to get cheeseburgers and chips from Restaurant en Coulisse and we ate them watching the show. 2 CM’s were trying to steal DH’s burger and DS’s chips. After this the Cruella de Vil show was on so we watched that too. We’d finished everything in the Studio now.

From the Studio we went to the Park and then did some shopping for presents. We took the shopping back to the hotel and bought the photo of DS with Donald .Then we went to Annette’s (again) . The weather was lovely so we sat outside, DS had waffle for sweet and was amazed at the amount of whipped cream with it. We went back to the Park and then at 8 when the park closed we returned to the hotel to start to pack the suitcases and get ready for the evening trip to Paris. We bought bottles of water to take with us on the trip.

We went to the Hotel New York to get the coach, this was 9 pm. Everyone was given a set of headphones as they got onto the coach. On the back of the seat in front there were controls to choose the language for the commentary and the volume. We were told it would be 45 minutes before the commentary would start. DS was getting tired by now so he fell asleep on this journey. We woke him up when the tour actually started. It was a good tour, we had a stop of 10 minutes at Arc De Triomphe ( I think this was for the driver and guide to have a smoke). Ds said he felt ‘ a bit funny’. We took him off the coach to get some fresh air and he said he felt a bit better. The tour started again and as we made our way towards the Eiffel Tower DS said he felt sick (panic!) . He was sick (found the carrier bag from the water earlier) We stopped at the Tower for 30 minutes to see it lit up at 11pm so first thing was find a bin and then let DS get some air again, he said he felt a lot better then. When we got back onto the coach he fell asleep and missed the last bit of the tour and didn’t wake up until we woke him as we were getting back to DLP. Luckily the NBC is the first hotel but it was still ¼ to 1 in the morning by now. Everyone fell into bed and straight to sleep.

We thought the bus tour was good. I enjoyed seeing all the buildings all lit up.DS enjoyed seeing the Eiffel Tower. DS was fine again the next day. We wondered if all the excitement of the week had just caught up with him. Day 6 will follow but this seems to be taking forever( and then I can't always manage to post it).

The tour sounds very good, it must be lovely seeing the Eiffel Tower lit up.
Sorry to hear about Rory being sick.:guilty:

Oh poor Rory. Thank Goodness you had a bag!

I've been in this situation too with my DD and it is absolutely no fun at all when you are "stuck" somewhere :(

Apart from that, a lovely day :) Really enjoying reading about your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter