• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Round Up Rodeo BBQ to open March 23 at DHS - Menu Released

I'm thinking $59.99/adult $39.99/child....but hopefully I'm wrong :-)
I think this makes sense if you compare to Ohana, Biergarten, Boma, Cape May Cafe .... all you can eat without characters. Do I think the menu supports this price? no ... but I don't think that factors as much as keeping similar meals priced the same. Fingers crossed it's less.

Gotta be honest, I was hoping for BBQ chicken/beef burgers and fries, hot dogs, type stuff on the menu here. Something very overtly kid friendly. Don't think my family would get much out of a meal on that menu, especially not the kids. Oh well, looks an amazing set up all the same and sure it will be very popular!

Me too. This is totally not what I expected. And did we know it was going to be a family style set up? I really thought it was a la carte. Of course, that could have been the original plan. They seem to be changing everything to pre fixe now. Don’t think we’ll be trying this one.

Looks like a slightly modified menu of Whispering Canyon, Boatwrights and Hoop Dee Doo skillets. Guess it makes sense for a cowboy restaurant.

Who else has a rib, chicken, brisket and sausage skillet?

Me too. This is totally not what I expected. And did we know it was going to be a family style set up? I really thought it was a la carte. Of course, that could have been the original plan. They seem to be changing everything to pre fixe now. Don’t think we’ll be trying this one.
First announcement 2019

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-toy-story-land-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Family style announced in December, not sure if before ...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-toy-story-land-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

My guess is going forward, less buffets and more prix fixe.

I was hoping it would have characters but it doesn’t seem like it does? I’m not really a big fan of BBQ so not sure I’d eat much of anything there so probably going to be a pass

First announcement 2019

Family style announced in December, not sure if before ...

My guess is going forward, less buffets and more prix fixe.

Thanks, I guess I missed the family style announcement. I’m sure you’re right about the prix fixe. I think they’re moving to limit prep, supplies, staff & have a lot more control over amount of food given per guest. “Enhanced dining experience” now means “prix fixe” in Disney language. I’m waiting to see what they do to Narcoossee’s.

I can't see this priced at 60, especially without characters. The menu definitely looks good, so at the right price we would try it. Is it possible that you get ALL the deserts as mini selections on a family platter? Seems like a lot so probably not. We haven't enjoyed our last few meals at Mama Melrose, so this will be a welcome alternative.

I wonder when they will open reservations. I was really hoping it wouldn’t be another prix fixe. I guess as someone else stated that just seems to be the direction they are going lately. We will see if they do the same thing at Narcoossee’s.

How many family style bbq options does WDW need? Good grief! And prix fixe? Enough Disney. Folks like to be able to pick their own entree for themselves off a menu and pay for what they want to eat. Oh wait, this is about their profit, not me.
Translation ~ what are Disney's most profitable restaurants?

As far as prix fixe .... I expect to see that increasing. It is money in the bank.

Add that the one reason Disney has been so slow at full dining capacity is they can't hire enough kitchen help. That likely won't change. The best way to open at a profitable level with less help is prix fixe. They can even operate with less servers doing that. Sadly it is the answer to some of Disney's woes.

I can't see this priced at 60, especially without characters...
See I can see Disney pricing it at $60, without the characters. They are thinking the interior design is the character. That said I don't think there is a good value at $60, and keep in mind this is the same company that thought the Galactic Starcruiser was going to be an out of the world hit. But the reality is a lot of people will be paying the price for it.

See I can see Disney pricing it at $60, without the characters. They are thinking the interior design is the character. That said I don't think there is a good value at $60, and keep in mind this is the same company that thought the Galactic Starcruiser was going to be an out of the world hit. But the reality is a lot of people will be paying the price for it.

I can see them pricing it at $60, but look at the presentation - it's cafeteria style in crappy bowls. And desserts are premade and dumped in. I mean, this is bottom of the line restaurant quality for everything involved - maybe the food won't taste it, but I doubt it.

I equate this concept with Paula Deen's places...I figure they'll double her Pigeon Forge/Myrtle Beach cost for 4 downhome dishes and 4 sides with a dessert per person and go for $57.99-59.99/adult and $23.99-$29.99/kid. PS - and in her concept, everyone gets one dessert of their choice, so that's probably how they'll handle that...

@TwoMisfits I agree, but until Disney starts seeing a significant decline in attendance they don't have to work hard - they can be lazy & cheap in their presentation and people will pay the prices.

I can see them pricing it at $60, but look at the presentation - it's cafeteria style in crappy bowls. And desserts are premade and dumped in. I mean, this is bottom of the line restaurant quality for everything involved - maybe the food won't taste it, but I doubt it.
@TwoMisfits I agree, but until Disney starts seeing a significant decline in attendance they don't have to work hard - they can be lazy & cheap in their presentation and people will pay the prices.
AGREE and AGREE

What Disney sees is that Disney Guests have a very low bar of expectation and a willingness to spend big bucks for the low bar, especially in the parks. Disney hotel guests often want to eat in their own hotel, they are tired and don't want to spend 1.5 hours getting to another hotel ~ so again, Disney has a captive audience they can provide minimal without striving for excellence that should accompany the price.

I don't see this changing, we here are likely 3% of those that visit and the most driven to get quality experiences. Even if none of us booked ADRs ~ it wouldn't impact them at all. I have more or less given up on value overall at table service locations.

The interior photos look awesome, as do the food photos. The salads look yummy to me too; as do many of the other offerings.

Problem is (and I get Disney's want/need to maximize profits), these type of meals don't work for a family like mine (and many others I'd assume). Although Disney does a GREAT job with food allergies, we have a T1 diabetic who needs to eat clean/lower carb; a food allergy kid, and a family member with recent weight loss surgery who can eat 4 ounces max at a time. There's just no way to justify a projected $40/person meal cost and no real way to "agree" on offerings for a family style meal. We do enjoy Regal Eagle, but 2 of the 3 of us can only eat a kid's portion there.

In any case, photos look awesome and food looks yummy - hope it's super fun for lots of folks.

Translation ~ what are Disney's most profitable restaurants?

As far as prix fixe .... I expect to see that increasing. It is money in the bank.

Add that the one reason Disney has been so slow at full dining capacity is they can't hire enough kitchen help. That likely won't change. The best way to open at a profitable level with less help is prix fixe. They can even operate with less servers doing that. Sadly it is the answer to some of Disney's woes.
I agree. The biggest thing from Disney's perspective with prix fixe is more or less gaurantees revenue for the restaurant. Not that the theming of this one in particular calls for it, but no more just getting an app or dessert just to experience the restaurant.

I agree. The biggest thing from Disney's perspective with prix fixe is more or less gaurantees revenue for the restaurant. Not that the theming of this one in particular calls for it, but no more just getting an app or dessert just to experience the restaurant.
Exactly. Each location has projected income goal. But theme, location and view do impact demand. So now they'll make guests pay their share of the income goal instead of creating time slots of loss. If Disney is smart and learned from BOG and Space 220, all new restaurants will have an interior all want to see.

Be Our Guest was just the beginning of guests taking advantage of not ordering more than a few dollars of food/drink or Mickey Straw so they could see the inside. Disaster from day one. Rather than stop and punt to start play over they gave all these guests all the loop holes for years that soon transitioned to places like California Grill. It wasn't just the characters that were popular it was room decor, views, etc. Disney didn't build these places for guests to nibble and run. So guests ruined it for other guests. Now with the employment problem added to it, makes perfect sense to say "If you want to come in and hang, you will pay to do so" and in the meantime Disney has lower inventory costs, lower kitchen labor costs and can reduce servers when it is your basic family style or set 3 course meal. Keep it simple, make more money.

I miss not having a table service each day but the value is gone at most locations. So we adjust our plans depending on where we are staying and keep our dining budget low and honestly we have more time to enjoy the parks, and even shop some. It is what it is, it won't go back (likely get worse) and I'm not letting it bother me. Stockholder me is happy there are plenty of guests willing to pay to dine at these places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter