Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

So of course that tempo is EEK, but when I keep reminding myself what I can do and have done it calms down my EEK. And my body has been wanting to hit that LR pace for a while now so it's not so scary. I think I got this? I've got over 20 weeks to work at it!!
Haha, I had the same reaction. You want me to run how fast for how long?!? And then I remembered a recent race and was like "oh okay, I got this." I think my brain will just always think I'm a 9-10mm runner even if the race results say otherwise.

This for real made my week
giphy.gif

Good reminder that I really need to see that new wonder woman movie!!!!

Haha, I had the same reaction. You want me to run how fast for how long?!? And then I remembered a recent race and was like "oh okay, I got this." I think my brain will just always think I'm a 9-10mm runner even if the race results say otherwise.

Right??!!!
I've had a journey of "I can't run that fast for that long" into "maybe I can run that fast for that long" into "I WILL run that fast for that long" into "wait, how fast did I just run?" And sometimes that all gets thought on the same day!
I'm trying to live by the "I WILL" as much as I can. But those pace gremlins will try to come poke at me.
For instance on 12/28 where I get to run a couple of 1600's at 8:30! Merry Christmas to me!?!?!? :)

Good reminder that I really need to see that new wonder woman movie!!!!

Right??!!!
I've had a journey of "I can't run that fast for that long" into "maybe I can run that fast for that long" into "I WILL run that fast for that long" into "wait, how fast did I just run?" And sometimes that all gets thought on the same day!
I'm trying to live by the "I WILL" as much as I can. But those pace gremlins will try to come poke at me.
For instance on 12/28 where I get to run a couple of 1600's at 8:30! Merry Christmas to me!?!?!? :)

Been busy today so just catching up, but you guys... the GIF game was amazing today. Made my day.

Also, @roxymama ... look at those new speeds! :car:

Hi, Ive been reading your journal and the forums for a while now and I have to say the GIF parade totally made my day. Your determination and speediness is inspiring, cant wait to hear how the new paces go. I can only dream of going that fast. I've thrown my hat in the ring for Dopey 2018 and if this slow and steady lady can make it through I may have to join the Simpsons peer pressure group. Hope you win the lottery to run the 26.2 through the windy city.

Hi, Ive been reading your journal and the forums for a while now and I have to say the GIF parade totally made my day. Your determination and speediness is inspiring, cant wait to hear how the new paces go. I can only dream of going that fast. I've thrown my hat in the ring for Dopey 2018 and if this slow and steady lady can make it through I may have to join the Simpsons peer pressure group. Hope you win the lottery to run the 26.2 through the windy city.

Thanks for reading!! I really like this board because everyone has their own version of speedy and it's all inspiring to me when people are getting themselves across those finish lines. My eyes still bug out looking at some other folks paces (EEP!) but at the end of the day we all know what working hard feels like no matter the actual speed.
Good luck in January (I still have no idea if I should be jealous or thankful I'm not running it?)

How can we increase that %? ;)

Good thoughts for me getting into the United NYC Half is a start (I'm in the lottery, I find out if I get in next week).
Also ... if you happen to know a company in NYC with a really good vacation policy hiring entry-level developers, send 'em my way. A good vacation policy will increase the % quite a bit.

I already have a friend trying to talk me into doing Dopey in 2019............. But that means I have to run a marathon.................

Yes, but you'd have lots of DISBoards friends supporting and encouraging you before and during the race! So that totally balances out the rough parts of the marathon.

Also ... sorry that I have no gifs to contribute, but I'm basically the gif anti-queen. I'm terrible at gifs.

That gif train just made my morning. Laughed so hard I cried. And you put in my favorite SNL character in recent years!!!! I miss him very much. I looked so forward to his appearances on weekend update teehee!! (I don’t even know how to put a gif in here...I struggle attaching actual pics...)

Have fun with the new plan and paces!! So speedy!! :car:

Also, hope your mama is feeling better and counts are recovered! :hug:

BEST. POST. EVER.

I'm glad my weird sense of humor is appreciated here.

That gif train just made my morning. Laughed so hard I cried. And you put in my favorite SNL character in recent years!!!! I miss him very much. I looked so forward to his appearances on weekend update teehee!! (I don’t even know how to put a gif in here...I struggle attaching actual pics...)

Have fun with the new plan and paces!! So speedy!! :car:

Also, hope your mama is feeling better and counts are recovered! :hug:

I love Stefan too!!

Roxymama'smama update: we were worried that she wouldn't be well enough to have her next round of treatment but yesterday morning she got her numbers back and they were GOOD (or good enough) so she was able to get treated afterall. Not being able to get treated is scary for various reasons so we are happy. My dad thinks it was the pumpkin pie and the full can of ready whip I sent home with her on Friday :)

I think I recognize a few of those people from dis-meets :)

Roxymama'smama update: we were worried that she wouldn't be well enough to have her next round of treatment but yesterday morning she got her numbers back and they were GOOD (or good enough) so she was able to get treated afterall. Not being able to get treated is scary for various reasons so we are happy. My dad thinks it was the pumpkin pie and the full can of ready whip I sent home with her on Friday :)

Great news. I will continue to pray for and send good thoughts her way!

I think I recognize a few of those people from dis-meets :)
Is it weird that I feel like I've been at a dis-meet and "know" you all?? Probably.

Pie helps everything. Sending continued prayers for roxymamasmama and your family.

Is it weird that I feel like I've been at a dis-meet and "know" you all?? Probably.

Not weird at all! Just think of it like you've attended a number of virtual dis-meets. There's people on here I've only met once or twice and I feel like I've met them a million times (mostly because of all the trip report/race recaps/journals that we read.)

Pie helps everything. Sending continued prayers for roxymamasmama and your family.

Pie Helps Everything! New t-shirt idea.

And I really appreciate all the prayers.

Excellent update on Roxymama'smama. I'm happy she's doing better and able to get her next treatment. Pie and ready whip are miracle foods. :D

You know I've never been to one of these things before and when I think about how many people wanted this, and how many people cried over it and stuff, I mean, I think everybody looks great tonight.

giphy.gif

A piece for @ZellyB , a partial Gif Queen. A piece for @Ariel484 and a piece for @dancingtodisney , and some for everybody else.

giphy.gif

That's so fetch.
tenor.gif

Aw man... I need to watch Mean Girls again! @RachelDoesDisney we need to watch this next weekend when I'm home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter