ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Does this work the same as it does at Disney? For example, can you start your trip using regular tickets and then upgrade to an annual pass by the last day of your ticket? Does full ticket value get applied to annual pass upgrade?

Yes. You can upgrade at any time as long as the ticket is still valid. They will give you value of the original ticket. One caveat is if it's a promotional ticket of some kind with free days, like say a buy 2 days, get 2 days free. They'll typically give you the "base" value so in my example you'd typically get the value of a 2 day ticket (not 4 day ticket).

I have only received the two day value when I buy the special four day ticket deals for my son when I upgrade his

Reserved a room at the end of December for 2 adults. There will now be 3 adults. When I try to place the third on, they want to revalue it to today's rate, which is a lot more than when I booked originally in May. Will they just add the adult for $45 a night once I get to the hotel?

Reserved a room at the end of December for 2 adults. There will now be 3 adults. When I try to place the third on, they want to revalue it to today's rate, which is a lot more than when I booked originally in May. Will they just add the adult for $45 a night once I get to the hotel?

Yes, they should. Call the reservation number and inform them that you’ll have one more adult. They’ll notate it on your reservation without repricing.

Back in September, we had to add one more adult to our Portofino Bay Hotel reservation. I called and they said it would be no problem to add them when I arrived. Since I called, they would notate the extra adult on the reservation. A few days later, I received an email showing that they had added the extra adult charge to my existing AP rate.

Question about king rooms at RPR. I’m going with my husband and my newly 4 year old. We are currently booked for a 2 queen room. There’s a good deal for king club room. I see that it says sleeps 3 with rollaway for additional charge. My small child can absolutely just sleep in the king bed with us. Can I decline a rollaway and avoid that charge and be fine to book the king room still? Thanks!!

Question about king rooms at RPR. I’m going with my husband and my newly 4 year old. We are currently booked for a 2 queen room. There’s a good deal for king club room. I see that it says sleeps 3 with rollaway for additional charge. My small child can absolutely just sleep in the king bed with us. Can I decline a rollaway and avoid that charge and be fine to book the king room still? Thanks!!

Pretty sure the rollaway is just at your request. Its not an automatic charge.

Pretty sure the rollaway is just at your request. Its not an automatic charge.
Correct. We've stayed quite a few times in King Suites and have never had a roll-away in it. Usually, I'll sleep on the pull-out sofa bed and let the girls sleep in the King bed. I know most here take issue with the sofa-bed being uncomfortable. While I would agree it's not the same as a Westin Heavenly mattress, I usually have no issues getting a good nights sleep in it.

Correct. We've stayed quite a few times in King Suites and have never had a roll-away in it. Usually, I'll sleep on the pull-out sofa bed and let the girls sleep in the King bed. I know most here take issue with the sofa-bed being uncomfortable. While I would agree it's not the same as a Westin Heavenly mattress, I usually have no issues getting a good nights sleep in it.

Thank you both for your help! Changed our reservation to the Club level room with the King. I love how easy the Universal hotels made it to modify things.

In line for the boat to Citywalk, and someone has a suitcase with them. Looks like it had to fit through the scanner which theirs did.

We just returned from our 10 day Disney and Universal trip. We stayed at Royal Pacific for 3 nights (mostly for Express Passes). We were on the 1st floor in building 3. Easy access to the pool and walking path to the parks or boats. Room was very clean but a little small for our family of 5 in the room. We made it work so no complaints. Tuk Tuk was great, Jake's bar was fantastic, didn't try Islands, and we really enjoyed the Orchid Lounge. Pool was great and kids really enjoyed it. We used Uber to get over there from Disney lodging and used Tony Hinds to pick us up and take us to the airport on Friday (highly recommend). Check-in and check-out was a breeze. Boats were nice and the walkway path to the parks was a quick 6 minute walk. Security for the boats was okay although they would not allow my daughter to bring a baby yoda plush on to the boats so had to run it back to the room. Seen them deny Disney lightsabers and plastic toys as well. Seen a guy get denied for wearing his Goofy hat so he had to run that back to his room. I am guessing larger disney stuff like toys or the hat is not allowed but Disney apparel is allowed - which is good. Express Passes worked out great. Had tickets for my wife and MIL but they decided to not go to Universal parks so that was a hit of a waste. The kids and I took full advantage of the Express Passes once we figured it out. It really is about 20% or less than posted times so keep that in mind. We walked around for hours not wanting to wait for a ride for a long time thinking it was half of the posted times. Only if we knew it was 20% or less, we would have been hitting a lot more rides early on. I rope dropped Hagrid's both days but still didn't make it on. Got in line at 7 AM but still could not make it to Hagrids in time - posted 60-90 minutes by the time I got there at 8:15 AM. After an hour, they went virtual queue and I tried refreshing all day long but nothing. Everything else was great. Definitely would stay there again.

PS - as for priority seating at CityWalk restaurants, doesn't exist during busy times. Keep that in mind.

We just returned from our 10 day Disney and Universal trip. We stayed at Royal Pacific for 3 nights (mostly for Express Passes). We were on the 1st floor in building 3. Easy access to the pool and walking path to the parks or boats. Room was very clean but a little small for our family of 5 in the room. We made it work so no complaints. Tuk Tuk was great, Jake's bar was fantastic, didn't try Islands, and we really enjoyed the Orchid Lounge. Pool was great and kids really enjoyed it. We used Uber to get over there from Disney lodging and used Tony Hinds to pick us up and take us to the airport on Friday (highly recommend). Check-in and check-out was a breeze. Boats were nice and the walkway path to the parks was a quick 6 minute walk. Security for the boats was okay although they would not allow my daughter to bring a baby yoda plush on to the boats so had to run it back to the room. Seen them deny Disney lightsabers and plastic toys as well. Seen a guy get denied for wearing his Goofy hat so he had to run that back to his room. I am guessing larger disney stuff like toys or the hat is not allowed but Disney apparel is allowed - which is good. Express Passes worked out great. Had tickets for my wife and MIL but they decided to not go to Universal parks so that was a hit of a waste. The kids and I took full advantage of the Express Passes once we figured it out. It really is about 20% or less than posted times so keep that in mind. We walked around for hours not wanting to wait for a ride for a long time thinking it was half of the posted times. Only if we knew it was 20% or less, we would have been hitting a lot more rides early on. I rope dropped Hagrid's both days but still didn't make it on. Got in line at 7 AM but still could not make it to Hagrids in time - posted 60-90 minutes by the time I got there at 8:15 AM. After an hour, they went virtual queue and I tried refreshing all day long but nothing. Everything else was great. Definitely would stay there again.

PS - as for priority seating at CityWalk restaurants, doesn't exist during busy times. Keep that in mind.
Wait. When the line goes virtual do they make you get out of standby?

No. I didn't attempt the line at all. I refuse to wait more than 30 minutes for any ride.
Ok. Tough week to go if that’s your limit. Hope you get to ride someday. We rode once in June. Waited 45 minutes a day later when it closed for weather but so happy we had done it once already.

Ok. Tough week to go if that’s your limit. Hope you get to ride someday. We rode once in June. Waited 45 minutes a day later when it closed for weather but so happy we had done it once already.

Yeah, we got to ride almost every ride we wanted to last week and had a great time. 6 minute wait for Velocicoaster, 7 minutes for Spider-Man, Transformers kept breaking down the two days we were there so never go to experience that one, did the Harry Potter rides other than Hagrids. Never waited more than 20 minutes for any ride last week so it was a great week with Express Passes or Single Rider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter