Royal Plaza vs. Best Western

elisha

Earning My Ears
HELP! We have confirmed ressies at both hotels in December. Our problem is that the Best Western offers free breakfast for all of us (20 total) at $89.00 per night. The room has 2 queen beds and 1 single sleeper. The Royal is only $65.00 per night... although I have just seen Priceline people get it for $35 per night...has 2 double beds and a single sleeper. Even with getting a refrig. and an extra room to help accommodate our numbers, the Plaza seems the better deal. Can anyone give me advice who has seen both properties? If you have done priceline, what hotel level do I put in to get this property...the Royal Plaza...moderate, delux, resort???

Also, I read about "connections" where you can get dinner vouchers for $10.50/pc. to use at restaurants. Anyone know about this?

Thanks for your help!

The Royal Plaza is a 3* on Priceline. Check out www.biddingfortravel.com for more info on how best to bid on Priceline. However ... with 20 people (right? not 20 rooms?) I would not recommend using Priceline. They currently limit bidding to a maximum of 2 rooms per bid. You could run the risk of having people scattered all over the place and not all in the same hotel. Plus you might not even get the same rate at the same hotel. Uncle Harry might pay more for his room than aunt Sally did and then it all goes down hill from there!

I've never stayed at the Best Western or the Royal Plaza. The Royal Plaza gets mixed reviews, some good and some bad. From a "deal" standpoint, I think the BW looks like a better one. You'll spend at least $5 per person per day on breakfast and having a free one makes for one less hassle along the way.

Are your reservations for this December or next? If it's for this December you might want to check www.mousesavers.com for rates to stay on-site. I'd pay a little more to stay on-site any day and the All Stars has rates as low as $59 per night for certain dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter