RTeetz Gets Marathon Weekend Facepaint: BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!

Which facepaint option do YOU want to see RTeetz sport during Marathon Weekend?

• Total voters

Well since we are using this for the same charity as the DIS is, I think its very important that we get at least one of the guys from the studio to come down for the event and you could give a rumor and news update as well as a review of the panda face painting! I kinda somewhat know a guy who I can see if we can make this happen. SO MUCH POTENTIAL!!!!!!!!!!!

I've spent money for worse causes.... Did you all pick the amount because you think it is impossible, or was there other logic behind it?

LOL - I mentioned the fund raiser to my wife and she said she was not interested. Seems that she is not impressed with the idea that we donate to a charity just to get someone in the party to get his face painted.

LOL - I mentioned the fund raiser to my wife and she said she was not interested. Seems that she is not impressed with the idea that we donate to a charity just to get someone in the party to get his face painted.
Understandable but I’d say people donate to charity for crazy reasons all the time. Instead of just making me get my face painted for all of your enjoyment I don’t think it’s a bad idea to give some more meaning to it. Give Kids the World is an incredible charity and I know people who have had to take kids there. They are directly connected to Disney as well.

Understandable but I’d say people donate to charity for crazy reasons all the time. Instead of just making me get my face painted for all of your enjoyment I don’t think it’s a bad idea to give some more meaning to it. Give Kids the World is an incredible charity and I know people who have had to take kids there. They are directly connected to Disney as well.
She wasn't opposed to the charity.

AGREED!!

Well, that’s a bummer! Maybe not impressive but worth the added fun! People do funny things all the time to raise money for charities. Not for the impressive impact but to make the charitable contributions more enjoyable and interactive. Like the Ice Bucket Challenge! That spread like wild fire on Facebook and I bet a whole lot more money was raised doing that silly challenge then someone just asking for money.

I think it’s a great idea and even if it makes @rteetz proud of his panda face for raising money for GKTW, then yay for that! Much better than him belly aching about it. Lol. I’d say now, he might actually be a slight bit excited!!

I personally think it would be fun for all of us to do the challenge. For every $500 raised someone gets their face painted! I am in! Little face paint and fun never hurt anyone. :flower1:

AGREED!!

Well, that’s a bummer! Maybe not impressive but worth the added fun! People do funny things all the time to raise money for charities. Not for the impressive impact but to make the charitable contributions more enjoyable and interactive. Like the Ice Bucket Challenge! That spread like wild fire on Facebook and I bet a whole lot more money was raised doing that silly challenge then someone just asking for money.

I think it’s a great idea and even if it makes @rteetz proud of his panda face for raising money for GKTW, then yay for that! Much better than him belly aching about it. Lol. I’d say now, he might actually be a slight bit excited!!

I personally think it would be fun for all of us to do the challenge. For every $500 raised someone gets their face painted! I am in! Little face paint and fun never hurt anyone. :flower1:
I am not telling anyone what to do or not do - just doing what we do here - offering a point of view. And, IMO, this is in no way like the ice bucket challenge. That was started to raise awareness and money for ALS research. It did not start as an ice bucket challenge with a charity added later to get people to do it. It wasn't about the ice buckets - it was about ALS. I learned a lot about ALS because of that challenge.

This started as a gag to get some face paint on a fellow poster. Now, that is fun and funny. This thread is evidence of that. Then, when he continued to balk, Keels came up with this to close the deal. Very creative way to get him on board, but not the same thing.

If Keels and Rteetz want to raise money for this charity - great. Let's talk about that. Like, for instance, what exactly does this charity do, and how? What makes this charity one that we should prioritize right now?

Sorry to be a bummer. I am a very charitable person. I just don't like the idea of giving to a random charity to get someone's face painted.

Like, for instance, what exactly does this charity do, and how? What makes this charity one that we should prioritize right now?

The owners of the DISboards do a lot for GKTW (in fact, they're doing a fundraising campaign right now), which is why many of us didn't need an explanation of what it is.
I'll try to explain briefly, though ...
Have you ever seen a family at WDW wearing "Make a Wish" shirts? In case you were curious ... they're not staying at a Disney hotel. They're staying at Give Kids the World (GKTW) Village.
GKTW Village houses MAW families and other kids with serious illnesses (all at no cost to the family), and provides medical facilities, activities, and many other things for these kids and their families.
A quick Google search can probably give you more info.
It's fine if you didn't know what GKTW was before today, but maybe next time do a quick google search before accusing us of choosing a random charity. Panda and Keels are just trying to help some kids and their families enjoy their Disney vacations as much as we do.

I am not telling anyone what to do or not do - just doing what we do here - offering a point of view. And, IMO, this is in no way like the ice bucket challenge. That was started to raise awareness and money for ALS research. It did not start as an ice bucket challenge with a charity added later to get people to do it. It wasn't about the ice buckets - it was about ALS. I learned a lot about ALS because of that challenge.

This started as a gag to get some face paint on a fellow poster. Now, that is fun and funny. This thread is evidence of that. Then, when he continued to balk, Keels came up with this to close the deal. Very creative way to get him on board, but not the same thing.

If Keels and Rteetz want to raise money for this charity - great. Let's talk about that. Like, for instance, what exactly does this charity do, and how? What makes this charity one that we should prioritize right now?

Sorry to be a bummer. I am a very charitable person. I just don't like the idea of giving to a random charity to get someone's face painted.

The net of it is you’re just donating to a charity. If you think GKTW is a worthwhile cause then the face painting really shouldn’t matter. Ryan agreed to it and it’s not a dangerous or illegal thing so those are harmless byproducts. Not sure why it matters which thing came first.

I think he deserves credit for taking something I don’t think he really wants to do and turning it into a way to raise money for a cause.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter