Rude people on vacation!

I think there must be more complaints, because "guest behavior" was mentioned a few times in the on site survey I completed today.

I've personally witnessed a lot of bad behavior: shoving, inappropriate use of walkways, lines, noise volume, flash photography, running, ditching, questionable parenting, etc. It's so hard to understand why some people feel comfortable making the choices they do.

Two of the things that have bothered me the most were kids throwing rocks and mulch at a duck in the MK and a mom and her two daughters picking flower bouquets in Epcot.

More than anything it's frustrating how little power cast members seem to have when it comes to correcting/controlling bad behavior.

At any rate, it definitely has impacted our trip(s) and reduces enjoyment. In the last day I have heard a mom threaten to cut off the legs of her toddler at a bus stop and another older woman calling someone a stupid idiot before debating whether he was gay at a boat stop. Neither of those things were appropriate in my mind, but I often feel like kindness and manners are a losing battle.

How is the poor guy puking being “rude?” He probably just rode the tea cups with his family or got sick from Casey’s. I’d feel some empathy for the man. Jesus.

Hmmmm...whenever I've had to puke in public...I normally try and get to a bathroom. I realize you might not be able to make it at first, but going into the adjacent bathroom when you've stopped long enough to catch your breath would be the normal thing to do...vs. heading to MSUSA and puking up and down the whole place. And yes...we notified a CM...just in case he needed medical attention...or in case they wanted to call out sanitation.

Hmmmm...whenever I've had to puke in public...I normally try and get to a bathroom. I realize you might not be able to make it at first, but going into the adjacent bathroom when you've stopped long enough to catch your breath would be the normal thing to do...vs. heading to MSUSA and puking up and down the whole place. And yes...we notified a CM...just in case he needed medical attention...or in case they wanted to call out sanitation.

IDK, there are lots of times I think the pukes are over, and then hit again like BAM! I just can't imagine thinking someone being sick is being "rude."

ETA: unless they are obviously drunk and/or puking on you. Now THAT would be rude for sure!

Last edited:

We haven't really encountered too many rude people at any of the Disney parks. I hear about them all the time, but aside from some bad CM experiences, the only two bad ones I can recall for Disney are...
1. The guy last December in MK who was puking into all of the flower beds and shrubs from the area outside of Casey's and then up and down MSUSA
2. The lady at DL a few yeas ago who couldn't pick all of the wide open spaces around me to pass and instead grab me by my rear end and shove me out of the way. I didn't stop in front of her or anything like that...she just didn't want to have to walk around anyone.

Beyond that, we were in Yellowstone over the summer and I saw more rude and horribly ignorant/destructive tourists than I've seen anywhere else. I lost count of how many times I grabbed onto my kids because they were shoving their way around thermal features or pushing their way into the "perfect" selfie by some steep drop off...and don't even get me started about the idiots walking into off limit areas or sticking their hands into things that could hurt them.

How is the poor guy puking being “rude?” He probably just rode the tea cups with his family or got sick from Casey’s. I’d feel some empathy for the man. Jesus.

I was wondering the same thing. Where was he supposed to puke? On the sidewalk or in the street for people to step in? It’s not like he could hold it, when it comes it comes.

I was wondering the same thing. Where was he supposed to puke? On the sidewalk or in the street for people to step in? It’s not like he could hold it, when it comes it comes.
I’m thinking above poster has never had to deal with kids and projectile vomiting. At least adults can usually make it a Bush or trash can .

The family that pushed thru the stand by line, banging into and thru people with no regard. It so happens they did this on our next ride too. They kept saying... family family... we all assumed they were catching up to a family member. But then people were getting angry. When we exited the 2nd ride..we stopped and spoke to the CM. They apparently had gotten other complaints. I think there was no other family :(.
Rude and Wrong!!
The CM gave us some pixie dust.. which was a complete surprise as we were just annoyed and wanted to let the cm know it /pushing wasn’t safe nor was it right.
there have been other small annoyances but we Ignore them.

Sadly there are many entitled people... that think Their (vacation, store purchase, driving etc) is more important than others.
Ignoring most of it is easier than allowing it to fester .. unless of course it’s a safety issue.

Had that happen years back. kid tried to get in front of me. told him could do it anywhere behind me. He walked away and came with a response from his father "tell the guy we're from New York". Told him to tell father I'm from Chicago" He never came back Hmmm guess that reputation of machine guns on every corner has an affect.

Well hopefully the one time you aren't able to make it to the bathroom someone doesn't look at you and think "how rude".

FWIW I think most people generally want to throw up when they have to in private or as private as it can be if you're in the bathroom stall. Unfortunately it doesn't always happen. Maybe give the person you encountered the benefit of the doubt here.

I felt like the rude person on our last DLR trip. We had a private experience reserved for Soarin' and I didn't know where we had to meet the guide so as my group of 4 entered the line I stepped to the side to ask the question and motioned my group ahead as it was a surprise to them... turns out the CM I asked was the chattiest man on the face of the earth and I couldn't come up with a graceful way to end the conversation so I ended up having to excuse myself passed groups down the whole building, passed the CM who sends you left or right and finally to my group. I've never said "Excuse me" or "I'm so sorry" so many times in a row... turns out the dad of the family immediately in front of my group had followed me down the hall. When we got to our families/groups he thanked me for getting him through the line so nicely. I felt like such a doofus though because what should have been a 30 second answer from the CM turned into a 10 minute opus I couldn't seem to end as guests streamed passed me...

There’s a Pikachu statue near the entrance of one of the stores in the Japan Pavilion. As I carried my son (18 months) past it, he pointed and wanted to get down to go see it. There was a teen girl sitting on the floor a couple of feet to the left of Pikachu with a hoodie pulled over her face. The only reason I even noticed this girl was because her English Mastiff service dog was lying on the floor in front of her. My son loves dogs and I didn’t want to put him down on the ground and have him run up to the dog, so I took a few seconds to quietly tell him, “You see that dog? That’s a ‘no touch.’ He’s working so we need to leave him alone. No touch, okay?” Because, you know, I’m just trying to be a decent person and make sure me and mine don’t disturb other people or encroach on their personal space. I put him down and he buzzes right past the dog to the Pikachu. Perfect.

My husband pulls out his phone to take a picture. The girl is sitting far enough to the side that it’s not at all difficult to keep her out of the shot by aligning Pikachu to the left of the frame, which is what my husband was doing. He couldn’t get a decent picture because my son wouldn’t turn around and look in our direction, so after a few seconds of trying to get his attention, I jumped up there with him and knelt down on the opposite side of Pikachu from the girl. As I’m trying to wrangle my son into position to look at the camera, I notice my husband has momentarily put his phone down. He kinda tilted his head to indicate why, and it was because the girl’s father had backed up close enough to Pikachu that my husband couldn’t take the picture without getting him in it. We waited for a bit for him to move out of the way, but he just kept backing farther and farther into the shot. I’m not usually one to speak up but this guy seemed completely oblivious to our presence, and by the time I said something he was standing directly in front of the Pikachu with his rear end inches from my face. I (very politely) said something to the effect of, “Excuse me, would you mind stepping aside for just a second so my husband can take a picture?”

He replied, “she doesn’t like to be in pictures,” referring to his teen daughter. He was intentionally trying to block the shot so we wouldn’t get a picture with his daughter in the background. That was so not the response I was expecting and I stupidly and way too cheerfully said, “Oh, I understand!” Then, after kneeling there for a few more seconds and realizing this guy had no intention of moving so we could take a photo, rather stunned, I picked up my son and left without getting a picture.

To recap: His daughter doesn’t like to be in pictures so he brings her to one of the busiest tourist destinations on the planet where she parks herself next to an object that’s likely to draw attention and be used as a photo op. Someone feet away pulls out a camera to take a picture of their own family and instead of — telling her to move, look the other way, don’t sit there in the first place, reassuring her she’s far enough away not to be in frame, reminding her she only has about three inches of her face visible because of how tightly she has the hoodie tied around her head — he thinks the most reasonable course of action is to walk in front of the camera and physically block that picture from happening. Upon further reflection, I wish I had told him to get bent. ::yes::

Last edited:
I just got back from almost 2 weeks in London. It was my second trip in 5 months. I swear Londoners, and British people in general, are the most polite and civilized people in the world at least in public. I had no idea.

We had a bad experience at Disneyland Paris years ago but I've been back to Paris and DLP since and it seemed much improved.

In Paris a queue is only a suggestion.
As a British person, I can definitely confirm that, though in London, it's best to avoid the Tube during rush hour because that can get rather chaotic, more so than in NYC, having experienced both subway systems.

However, I often hear stories about how some Brits overdo the drinking abroad, especially in Spain. More so, there's often boozed-up incidents that frequently happen on low-cost flights to Ibiza, and that's the reason why I refuse to go there. And to make matters worse, our government even wants to ban airport pubs and bars from selling booze before 10AM, which would disproportionally the majority of us who are always responsible, and would usually have a maximum of 2 pints before flying. Even I like to enjoy the traditional 'last British pint' before I fly.

As a British person, I can definitely confirm that, though in London, it's best to avoid the Tube during rush hour because that can get rather chaotic, more so than in NYC, having experienced both subway systems.

However, I often hear stories about how some Brits overdo the drinking abroad, especially in Spain. More so, there's often boozed-up incidents that frequently happen on low-cost flights to Ibiza, and that's the reason why I refuse to go there. And to make matters worse, our government even wants to ban airport pubs and bars from selling booze before 10AM, which would disproportionally the majority of us who are always responsible, and would usually have a maximum of 2 pints before flying. Even I like to enjoy the traditional 'last British pint' before I fly.

I did ride the tube during rush hour a few times. We were packed in like sardines and it was almost too much for me. Just when you'd think no one else would dare try to get on, 4 more people squish in and then 4 more after that. Everyone was so calm although on the inside I was feeling a bit panicky and also ready to melt into a puddle.

In my city during rush hour the conductors will not allow that many people on at a time. They close the doors almost as quickly as they open them (will slam the doors on you) so while it's still what I would consider very packed, it doesn't come close to London's rush hour. I've ridden in NYC rush hour too.

That said I would take London's public transportation over any in Canada or the US in a heartbeat. It's so efficient, comparatively.

It's too bad that some idiots always ruin it for the majority. You may have to BYOB and guzzle before you go through security.

We were sitting on the beach at CR waiting for the Electric Water Pageant one night (on our honeymoon in 2015). The beach was completely empty. COMPLETELY. Dh and I sat down, and about 5 minutes before showtime, these 2 ladies come along and sit down directly in front of us...on an empty beach...about 5 feet in front of us.

I waited a few seconds to see if they were staying put before loudly announcing "Really? REALLY? Right in front of us??" Before we moved over a few feet.

After the show a family comes along to the water's edge (this was back before the lake barriers). The 4 adults were wasted and laughed while their toddler chased a hapless duck around the shoreline. The duck was screaming and running and the kid was chasing and kicking at it. As if that weren't bad enough, one of the large drunk males finally TACKLES THE DUCK and hold is down so the kid could roughly pet it while the duck screamed.

I hate people sometimes.

To recap: His daughter doesn’t like to be in pictures so he brings her to one of the busiest tourist destinations on the planet where she parks herself next to an object that’s likely to draw attention and be used as a photo op. Someone feet away pulls out a camera to take a picture of their own family and instead of — telling her to move, look the other way, don’t sit there in the first place, reassuring her she’s far enough away not to be in frame, reminding her she only has about three inches of her face visible because of how tightly she has the hoodie tied around her head — he thinks the most reasonable course of action is to walk in front of the camera and physically block that picture from happening. Upon further reflection, I wish I had told him to get bent. ::yes::

People are so weird. Why on earth would she sit there if she didn't like being in pictures? Yeah. I would have asked him why is she sitting in a busy picture taking area. But, please keep in mind some people absolutely love attention. Was it a "comfort animal"? Or an actual service dog?

People are so weird. Why on earth would she sit there if she didn't like being in pictures? Yeah. I would have asked him why is she sitting in a busy picture taking area. But, please keep in mind some people absolutely love attention. Was it a "comfort animal"? Or an actual service dog?
I believe it was probably a legitimate service dog.

ETA: Maybe I should rephrase that. I believe the girl had legitimate issues. I don’t think you go to Disney bundled up in a hoodie on a 90* day otherwise. I kind of assumed she had issues pertaining to anxiety, agoraphobia, ASD, something along those lines. If that means her dog provides a service, or is more along the lines of emotional support, I don’t know.

Last edited:
Lots of little things, but a big one I still haven't forgotten almost 15 years ago at DL. Had stopped with SIL to watch a Jammitor type show. Plenty of room around us to get by. A couple came out of a shop nearby, big guy looked straight at me, then sped up to run into me and walk by. It was like a hit and run, he almost knocked me down and I was pretty bruised by it. So weird, I've never figured that one out.

There was a baffling tourist at the Grand Canyon. She went right up to the edge, camera in hand and bent 90° right over to get the best picture! How do you cheat gravity like that?!

We were at a geyser in Yellowstone last year. A young woman was leaning dramatically back onto one of the rails while her boyfriend took several pictures. Across the boardwalk. It was very crowded and people stopped and they were causing a traffic jam. I gave her about 3 or 4 shots before I crossed. Then it was like a dam broke. People passed between them like crazy. I thought they were very rude for expecting people but they probably though I was rude for interrupting her sexy photo shoot. Seriously, what is sexy about a stinky geyser?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter