Ruellan Family Vacation Home WH

mom0104

Mouseketeer
We (my DS 14 and I) stayed here (www.vrbo.com/122340) from January 3 through January 10, 2008. Booking the home was very easy. The family is in the UK but they have management company located in Florida. At first it took some time to receive responses from the management company, I was told they were exceptionally busy. Even though I didn't hear from them right away my dates were reserved.

Prior to my stay they sent me the codes for the alarm and the lock box to the house.

I used their instructions from the airport to the house and managed to get terribly lost. By asking many people for directions, I finally found my way to WH. The check in process at the gate went rather quickly. The guard gave me a map of WH but it was very difficult to read in the dark. Once again, I found myself lost. Luckily my DS has become a very good map reader and got us to the house. I tried the combo to the lock box and it didn't work. I called the management company and found out they had been trying to get a hold of me all day. We had been flying from California so my phone was off. There was a road closure and they hadn't been able to get to the property to change the lock box code. They gave me the current code and the alarm code and we were able to get into the house. It was a particularly cold night in Florida, the house temp was 62 and the thermostat was locked. The management co. said they would try to come out to the house but it was already late and we decided to make the best of it.

We tried out the pool which was a little cold for my liking and the hot tub which was also cold. By the second day of our stay the pool heat was great and the hot tub had heated up as well and they had come out and unlocked the thermostat. For the rest of our stay I couldn't have asked for better temperatures. We were very diligent in using the pool/hot tub covers.

If you have small children this is the place to stay. The play room is full and I mean full of toys for children to play with. Including a play kitchen and racks of dress up clothes. There were boy toys as well as girl toys. Also, there is a princess room with twin beds. It is so adorable. My son stayed in the animal kingdom room.

The entire place was very clean upon arrival. It looks exactly like the photos they have on VRBO. Everything worked. The management company was very responsive while we were there.

I had no problem finding the Disney property(the Animal Kingdom park is the closest). It truly is about 5 minutes away from WH depending on the lights.

We never did go to the club house at WH or the public pool. After being in the parks we were perfectly happy to come back to the peace and quiet of the house. I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it was to have a private pool and hot tub.

One tip, I will pass along. Bring some comfy slippers (in the winter) to change into. Most of the floors are tile and after walking all day it feels good to have slippers.

I am not really sure what you would like to hear as part of a review. I would definitely, recommend this house. You can always PM me with specific questions.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter