Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NBA usage
Then why would they keep ADRs open to the public then? If I can see it on MDE then I can book it along with anyone else. If they want to keep the precious bubble they'll need to close those ADRs off to the public. They can have the restaurants open to the players and other NBA peeps to have access to and not take ADRs, it completely destroys their bubble if people start booking and show up (and you know someone would want to show up to get a chance to see their favorite player)

Then why would they keep ADRs open to the public then? If I can see it on MDE then I can book it along with anyone else. If they want to keep the precious bubble they'll need to close those ADRs off to the public. They can have the restaurants open to the players and other NBA peeps to have access to and not take ADRs, it completely destroys their bubble if people start booking and show up (and you know someone would want to show up to get a chance to see their favorite player)
My guess is that they just didn’t think about ADRs. And if they have to cancel those due to the resort being closed to the public, there are lots of comparable (if not better) restaurants they can offer.

Don’t count on CR being for the NBA. If it was they’d have to keep the DVC section closed and they aren’t about to do that. I think a better guess is they’re going to condense resorts and CR is one they’ll keep open. In that case, they’d still be allowing adrs to be made. Never mind that being at CR would be near impossible to keep them in that bubble we keep hearing about.

That’s the thing. Disney continues to allow guests to book all experiences, ADRs, FPs. If any of the rumors here are true, it’s possible they will have to cancel some of those, if certain restaurants, attractions or experiences are not open when they reopen. Their non-statement in the Disney Blog basically called that out. But, they have not proactively made them so that you cannot book them anymore.

To be clear, I don't think that's what is happening. I think the rumor, as presented, is, ummm...wrong. lol
Oh, I also think that the rumor as presented is wrong. I also think that Disney is intentionally slow-rolling refunds, slow-rolling ticket extensions, and kicking the can as far down the road as they can on anything that means returning cash to customers.

Oh, I also think that the rumor as presented is wrong. I also think that Disney is intentionally slow-rolling refunds, slow-rolling ticket extensions, and kicking the can as far down the road as they can on anything that means returning cash to customers.
I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt, but at this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was true. The longer they put off an announcement, the harder it us to believe it’s not exactly what they’re doing. It’s no small amount of money. I have thousands tied up in various reservation deposit. Multiply mine by thousands of other people and we’re talking a great deal of cash, interest free.

Don’t count on CR being for the NBA. If it was they’d have to keep the DVC section closed and they aren’t about to do that. I think a better guess is they’re going to condense resorts and CR is one they’ll keep open. In that case, they’d still be allowing adrs to be made. Never mind that being at CR would be near impossible to keep them in that bubble we keep hearing about.
CR? What DVC resort has that abbreviation..?

I stayed at BLT and did have to use the elevators a few times to go from the bottom floor up to the main atrium area (after running to contemporary grounds for my morning coffee or from the buses) and it could get a little busy depending on what time of day it is. If they don't close off BLT or the restaurants it would be impossible to have that bubble with the elevators no matter how crowded it got since you would still have outside people showing up. The tower at CSR would be no different with their elevators, but at least it's a bit easier to close off that resort since those TS restaurants aren't really the most popular.
In the Tower at CSR I never found the elevators busy and they are wicked fast.

I tend to agree. When I asked for the partial refund on our fully paid AP's, they told me that can only happen when an opening date is announced. I understand that. What I don't quite understand is that they asked for my phone number so they can call me to confirm my decision once that date is announced. Are they going to offer us an incentive to not get the refund option we opted for?

I am finding it interesting that while they have rooms blocked off at CSR you can still book ADRs at the restuarants (lots of availability)
I figure it must be some sort of convention booking protocol they’re following. At this stage in negotiations Disney blocks rooms, once it’s signed and paid they’ll block/cancel ADRs and go about (hopefully) moving folks.

I’m thinking the hotel portion of CR might just be deemed too risky to run this summer and that’s why it got pulled...

But CR is attached to BLT, which is still open for reservations, not to mention 3 TS restaurants that are frequented by many that they haven't halted ADRs for. They can't do a bubble and still let all those people come to the resort. CSR has a bit over 1,900 rooms, and I'm sure if families come they will still just put them in one room and not spread them out. If anything WDW is using CR to move existing CSR guests.
Edit to add: CSR also has a lot of dining now that they finished the tower and the new place on the lake (whose name escapes me), more than enough to feed all the people.
I think they’ll just cancel ADRs if the resort they are at is used for Bubbling, so there is no financial cost to Disney to continue to take ADRs.

Relocating displaced guests will cost them, even if it’s just the man hours to figure out where to put them and notify the affected guests. They could be at the point they think there is a high enough chance this will happen that they wanted to cap their financial risk.

I think they’ll just cancel ADRs if the resort they are at is used for Bubbling, so there is no financial cost to Disney to continue to take ADRs.

Relocating displaced guests will cost them, even if it’s just the man hours to figure out where to put them and notify the affected guests. They could be at the point they think there is a high enough chance this will happen that they wanted to cap their financial risk.
Which is where the August timeline comes in. By then most the NBA teams will be done playing. Less rooms would be affected and hopefully not as many people Disney will have to deal with in regards to moving accommodations.

I’m going to go with maintenance. They could have been moving them around too. I don’t believe all of the trains fit in the garage so they have to take them out to move them around.
Now I’m tempted to run over there just to see what’s going on around the garage ha ha! Hadn’t even thought about being on the lookout for monorail movement.

Which is where the August timeline comes in. By then most the NBA teams will be done playing. Less rooms would be affected and hopefully not as many people Disney will have to deal with in regards to moving accommodations.

The August 1 timeline is also where Disney would no longer be able to pawn off its employee costs on unemployment...for now, most of its rank and file employees make more on unemployment than they would working...once the fed subsidy falls off, the reverse is true, and if those employees are not hired back, they may go looking for other employment, leaving Disney in a huge bind...

I don’t think the NBA deal will be done in August. The games wouldn’t start until end of July. The practices would begin around mid-July. The owners and players still have to vote on this (early June). And Disney has to get some accommodations done.

I don’t think the NBA deal will be done in August. The games wouldn’t start until end of July. The practices would begin around mid-July. The owners and players still have to vote on this. And Disney has to get some accommodations done.
I know the deal will be done before August. I was meaning that by August some the teams would be done so it frees up space at resorts that they can offer to regular guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter