Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Availability is ridiculously high right now. They aren’t short on space. They could close half the resorts and still have enough to meet demand.
They could meet demand even with reduced capacity? I worry that they will take hotel reservations and then not allow entry into the parks if walk-in guests get there first. Whenever they open, taking more reservations than you can accomodate in the parks is super duper frustrating.

Last edited:
They could meet demand even with reduced capacity? I worry that they will take hotel reservations and then not allow entry into the parks if walk-in guests get there first. Whenever they open, taking more reservations than you can accomodate in the parks is super duper frustrating.
I don't think that would happen. I think resort guests will have first priority getting in to the parks. I think you could see a temporary end to park hopping though. I expect Disney to follow something like what they do when the parks hit capacity around Christmas where the parks are closed off to different tiers of guests at different points.

I don't think that would happen. I think resort guests will have first priority getting in to the parks. I think you could see a temporary end to park hopping though. I expect Disney to follow something like what they do when the parks hit capacity around Christmas where the parks are closed off to different tiers of guests at different points.

As a current AP, I actually think that resort guests should get the priority on park entrances. Of course, I don't think they should restart an AP clock until we enter a/the park.

Transportation between parks (i.e. park hopping) could be very challenging during the initial reopening phase.

We don't know how they're going to handle entry into the park and we don't know what they're going to cap park capacity at. My guess is they go with the system they already have in place in which resort guests will be the last to be denied entry. Sure, possible they'll hit capacity, but a resort guest would be the last to be affected. I don't think they'll allow more reservations than they have park capacity for, but with low capacity limits, it's entirely possible parks will hit it. There's just no guarantees and it's just another thing we're going to have to wait and see how they handle it. If they run it like I expect, as a resort guest, I'll be at the parks early enough to make sure I get in if it's apparent capacity will be an issue.

This all seems easy to account for. Assume you have X amount of guests at all resorts. Account for X at each park every single day (regardless if they go there or not) & give out what’s left to everyone else at first come, first serve. Now you have an overly capped reduced capacity. Then slowly allow more tickets at first come, first serve. As the data comes in, adjust accordingly.

We wont know what the demand is until they announce a reopening date, and then when they actually open. People are going to Disney Springs without there even being very many stores open. How many people have said that they might change their trip to a Universal parks trip if Disney wont be open? Theres a demand for the parks, I just think people have been playing the reservation and cancelled reservation game too long that they’re just waiting for an actual announcement before making another commitment

Not sure how long this has been the case or if they delete hours for a rolling closure weekly like Disney, but Sea World's website is showing park closed through June 4 and then they have hours posted for the 5th. Universal is closing at 6pm daily when they open. Sea World's hours vary depending on the day of the week. Our backup for our trip starting 6/12 is Universal, but we were thinking of a day at Sea World also if they open.

They'll be canceling them...Disney doesn't seem big into caring about ppl. wasting their time in plans that Disney knows aren't going to happen. They'll get to it (canceling them, blocking ppl. from being able to book) when they get to it, just like all the other reservations they've been canceling little by little. There's no way they'll let general public go to the CS resort in any fashion with the NBA.
I know, just seems odd they seem so serious about it all but let dining slip through the cracks.

I have never been at Christmas and usually go during the summer due to my job. I am wondering about the regular capacity control policy that Disney uses. If you are a resort guest, once you leave and a park closed for capacity, are you not allowed to reenter the same park during most of the phases?

During the summer. an afternoon break is really needed. I am wondering out loud if we had to stay in the park all day without a break, how would we get out of the heat if the inside attractions weren't operating, inside restaurants not taking ADRs, and so forth??

Apologies if this has been posted, but trying to finish fastpasses for August and many attractions are unavailable. This is for 74 days from today (August 8) so not likely a demand issue.

From what I can tell, it’s all meet and greets. Some surprising extras to me are the Safari, Spaceship Earth, and the Nemo ride. Is it even an AK trip without the safari...??

Magic Kingdom

Epcot

Hollywood Studios

Animal Kingdom (plus the UP show)

Apologies if this has been posted, but trying to finish fastpasses for August and many attractions are unavailable. This is for 74 days from today (August 8) so not likely a demand issue.

From what I can tell, it’s all meet and greets. Some surprising extras to me are the Safari, Spaceship Earth, and the Nemo ride. Is it even an AK trip without the safari...??

Magic Kingdom

Epcot

Hollywood Studios

I have noticed this on the Dibb. I have been checking for a while as I have considered rescheduling my July trip. However, most of these experiences are available at the end of July. I haven't looked today to see if this is still the case. No, it is not an AK trip w/o safari IMHO.

Magic Kingdom

Epcot

Hollywood Studios

Spaceship Earth is closed for re-furbishment but the others were noticed last week as no availability, some starting around July 28, running all the way through August. Some show as not available, others show as closed, for example, Fantasmic shows unavailable, while Beauty and The Beast shows closed. I have no clue what it means.

I have noticed this on the Dibb. I have been checking for a while as I have considered rescheduling my July trip. However, most of these experiences are available at the end of July. I haven't looked today to see if this is still the case. No, it is not an AK trip w/o safari IMHO.

I checked the dibb this morning to start getting a feel for my upcoming FP day. What's really weird is for the headliners they are mostly unavailable through July 31, but then available Aug 1 in the morning.

Usually what happens is you'll see the first 2-3 days seeing unavailable then a day or two only evening, then a day of only afternoon and later and then finally morning around 60+5

Don’t count on CR being for the NBA. If it was they’d have to keep the DVC section closed and they aren’t about to do that. I think a better guess is they’re going to condense resorts and CR is one they’ll keep open. In that case, they’d still be allowing adrs to be made. Never mind that being at CR would be near impossible to keep them in that bubble we keep hearing about.
I know, I believe I was responding to someone else saying that CR was closed for the NBA stuff for players to use due to all the rooms and convention space. I've been saying from the start it's probably being used for CSR guests. They probably haven't moved anyone as of yet because it's not a done deal, and should it fall through last minute they can just keep everyone where they are and open reservations again. If/When the deal goes through then they would start with the moving of people from one resort to the other.

I was expecting no character meet and greets and shows, but I'm having a hard time figuring out why the safari wouldn't be able to run? Also how Nemo and Haunted Mansion (both showing with no availability or closed) would be different from other dark rides?

What's really weird is for the headliners they are mostly unavailable through July 31, but then available Aug 1 in the morning.
I think that's due to the fact that the 60 day window is now at July 25 and those with longer trips are booking it up through the end of July. That's pretty typical.

There is a thread on TPAS discussing all the details about the quirks of FP availability.

I checked the dibb this morning to start getting a feel for my upcoming FP day. What's really weird is for the headliners they are mostly unavailable through July 31, but then available Aug 1 in the morning.

Usually what happens is you'll see the first 2-3 days seeing unavailable then a day or two only evening, then a day of only afternoon and later and then finally morning around 60+5
I dunno, I have a trip July 8-15 and was able to go on yesterday and move some stuff around. What was really good was my HS day on July 9 finally had something besides shows available. Now, none of the tier 1 were available but everything else was including ToT and RnR, and I was able to snag a TMM. DH has never done these rides, or even ever been in HS, so I was determined to get a FP for all the rides he wanted to try, and all three of these were on that list when they were all booked up on FP day. There is a rumor that they are limiting FP availability, at least for the top tier rides, which would make sense, so if some people have really long trips booked and already gone and booked their FP for later in their trip there is good reason to believe all the good stuff is gone already.

As a current AP, I actually think that resort guests should get the priority on park entrances. Of course, I don't think they should restart an AP clock until we enter a/the park.

Transportation between parks (i.e. park hopping) could be very challenging during the initial reopening phase.
I agree with that. I think they should give resort guests priority and block out annual passes during the initial phases. Maybe they should offer discounted one day tickets to AP holders who want to go to the parks during the opening phase. Transportation will be a challenge, but I think they're just going to have to cut capacity on buses and run more of them. It's not realistic to have six foot spacing on a bus so they should probably just mandate that everyone wears a mask while onboard and limit the occupancy to the amount of seats present on the bus. At least then you won't have someone standing right in your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter