Rumored Changes to G+

It's sort of a "would you rather" situation.

Ie: would you rather book your selections at 7am a week before your vacation, or get up at 7am on your vacation to book?

Everyone will have a different preference as to which stresses them out more.
But I feel like there will be those greedy people who will just book everything just to get it booked and then they will cancel

They should just leave it alone then! It’s bad enough with all the other ADR‘s that people just book up for the heck of it , only to cancel.
If Disney wasn't dealing with a guest satisfaction problem, fielding complaints about having to get up at 7am every day of their vacation and not wanting to be on their phones all day, they likely would leave it alone.

But there are a lot of unhappy guests with the current system.

But I feel like there will be those greedy people who will just book everything just to get it booked and then they will cancel
No different than those who do the same thing now. Lots of people book up the good rides and then cancel last minute if the plan for their day changes.

They should just leave it alone then! It’s bad enough with all the other ADR‘s that people just book up for the heck of it , only to cancel.
Our family is in the planning clan.

We would rather wake up once at 7 am book the rides and know what our day looks like rather than every day at 7 am.

With DS we like to be on a schedule but obviously things change on a minute by minute basis. If we don’t do a genie+ reservation and have to lose it that is fine but at least it was on the books and hopefully it wasn’t done at 7 am day of.

It's not likely to be 30 days in advance. More likely 7 in the new iteration.

It might make it harder to get bookings than same day if you're not willing to book them at the 7 day mark.
i honestly don't know what i prefer. I know i didn't like the year we went where everyone stood in the stand by queue. This was Oct. 2021 before Genie plus rolled out. I figured things would move quickly since everyone for the most part was in the same boat, but that was probably the most miserable trip we had. we had extreme wait times and the park wasn't even the busiest I've seen it. I think we stood in line almost 3hrs for FOP.

We bought genie + before our trip in 2022. this was at the fixed price of $15.00 and we bought it months in advance. I did tons of research and looked at strategies before we went. I didn't find that i was on my phone too much.. and we were able to ride everything we wanted. it worked out for the most part, but i didn't pay an arm and a leg for it like you would now with the fluctuating prices.

If they did what Universal did and charged a single price and you didn't have to schedule rides (Not sure if this is still the case.. this was back in 2011) i would be waaay more willing to pay that higher price. (of course i know this has been said multiple times from others.)
It just hurts to pay possibly $30+ dollars for every member of my party and not be able to get what i want..

We did the old fast past system in 2017, where you prebooked. but my MIL did the planning for us then. I don't remember any issues and we were able to ride everything we wanted. i know i'm kinda beating a dead horse with all of this. Everything has been said before. I just hope Disney can get it smoothed out.

No different than those who do the same thing now. Lots of people book up the good rides and then cancel last minute if the plan for their day changes.
We book rides but not sure if the would qualify as good!!

Astro Orbiter we use DAS on and genie+ for the carpets.

It’s amazing DS know exactly the right height to get us spit on by the Camel. When not on the ride DS runs back and forth trying to get spit on (of course not watching anyone else around him)

Those two and Casey’s train where DS can get wet are the favorites.

i honestly don't know what i prefer. I know i didn't like the year we went where everyone stood in the stand by queue. This was Oct. 2021 before Genie plus rolled out. I figured things would move quickly since everyone for the most part was in the same boat, but that was probably the most miserable trip we had. we had extreme wait times and the park wasn't even the busiest I've seen it. I think we stood in line almost 3hrs for FOP.

We bought genie + before our trip in 2022. this was at the fixed price of $15.00 and we bought it months in advance. I did tons of research and looked at strategies before we went. I didn't find that i was on my phone too much.. and we were able to ride everything we wanted. it worked out for the most part, but i didn't pay an arm and a leg for it like you would now with the fluctuating prices.

If they did what Universal did and charged a single price and you didn't have to schedule rides (Not sure if this is still the case.. this was back in 2011) i would be waaay more willing to pay that higher price. (of course i know this has been said multiple times from others.)
It just hurts to pay possibly $30+ dollars for every member of my party and not be able to get what i want..

We did the old fast past system in 2017, where you prebooked. but my MIL did the planning for us then. I don't remember any issues and we were able to ride everything we wanted. i know i'm kinda beating a dead horse with all of this. Everything has been said before. I just hope Disney can get it smoothed out.
When we went last year the universal express pass unlimited was $230 a person. The price changed every day. It is certainly nice to use when you just walk up and get on the ride with a few exceptions.

The price is how it makes the service work. Not many are willing to pay that much more on top of the ticket price and thus the express pass lines are certainly shorter than lightning lane lines. They also don’t tell you sorry your kid had a meltdown but you are 5 minutes past your lightning lane window and will have to go through standby. (That didn’t happen to us but did see it for Tron)

I certainly would never pay the express pass prices but they are included if you stay at a Universal Deluxe hotel including checkout day for everyone on the reservation. I believe we ended up paying about $800 for a night at Royal Pacific and had two days of EPU for 4 people instead of paying $1,600+

Agreed. I hope they get it smoothed out sooner rather than later.

Agreed! Same with dining. What's the purpose of holding reservations if most of them are going to be canceled anyway? We don't book ADR, yet have always managed to dine in style due to the numerous last minute cancelations.

But there are a lot of unhappy guests with the current system.
I acknowledge that many guests don't like the current Genie+/iLL system, but to us this has been the most effective and economical method to get the highest number of rides. I don't find the system confusing and my face is never buried in the phone. All the guests who came with us last year also found Genie+ to be a "game-changer". We're all morning people so the 7 A.M. time is nothing for us.

Can someone explain to me how being able to book lightning lanes in advance rather than the same day is an advantage? I would think things would sell out faster? What am I missing?
Booking Lightning Lanes day of levels the playing field for more people. Booking in advance gives the advantage to those that understand how to maximize the system.

The people that loved Fastpass+ the most (besides the fact that it was free) were the ones that really "knew" how to use it. Including myself in that btw.

I acknowledge that many guests don't like the current Genie+/iLL system, but to us this has been the most effective and economical method to get the highest number of rides. I don't find the system confusing and my face is never buried in the phone. All the guests who came with us last year also found Genie+ to be a "game-changer". We're all morning people so the 7 A.M. time is nothing for us.
Agreed - many unhappy guests. Many guests just fine with it. Many guests like it better than previous FP systems (probably with the exception of the fee, of course!)! Different strokes...... I also expect 7AM isn't a huge deal a couple times per week for many families. Many families seem to have at least one early riser who can handle the initial reservation!

Booking Lightning Lanes day of levels the playing field for more people. Booking in advance gives the advantage to those that understand how to maximize the system.

The people that loved Fastpass+ the most (besides the fact that it was free) were the ones that really "knew" how to use it. Including myself in that btw.

This is true, but there is no way a place as complex as Disney can have a level playing field. If you go once in your life, you won’t know the best way to utilize Single rider, rider swap, VQs, which rides to hit on rope drop, how to change your tactics when that rope drop ride is down (hello Hollywood studios), these are all advantages that those in the know can better utilize. FP+ wasn’t as great as we remember it, and Genie+ probably isn’t as bad we think it is, but there’s definitely a better way to do it that hasn’t been explored.

Waking up early and having to be on my phone for maybe a second wasn't a deal breaker to me. i did most of my things in the morning for everyone while they slept in. I would have been up regardless getting things ready for the day. I could see where if it was just adults who didn't require a lot of morning prep.. it might be a little annoying.
I was only on my phone when we were in the queue for the ride. So it gave me something to do if there was a little bit of a wait. Not a big deal.

I think the part that is so frustrating is having to be so competitive for things like dining, rides, extras, that make it so frustrating. Especially for people who are laid back and don't necessarily have that drive in them. If it was something like entering a sweepstakes for a free vacation... i would be competitive all day long! lol
But dishing out all this money and maybe getting the experiences i want... on vacation... kinda hurts the soul a little...

But hey.... i still do it. 🤷‍♀️ lol glutton for punishment.

This is true, but there is no way a place as complex as Disney can have a level playing field. If you go once in your life, you won’t know the best way to utilize Single rider, rider swap, VQs, which rides to hit on rope drop, how to change your tactics when that rope drop ride is down (hello Hollywood studios), these are all advantages that those in the know can better utilize. FP+ wasn’t as great as we remember it, and Genie+ probably isn’t as bad we think it is, but there’s definitely a better way to do it that hasn’t been explored.
The playing field is lowered in that at 7 am, everyone has access to book an E ticket. All of the E tickets weren't snatched up 3 months prior. That obviously doesn't include the ILLs but regardless of what type of guest you are, you could book Peter Pan's Flight or Frozen.

Waking up early and having to be on my phone for maybe a second wasn't a deal breaker to me. i did most of my things in the morning for everyone while they slept in. I would have been up regardless getting things ready for the day. I could see where if it was just adults who didn't require a lot of morning prep.. it might be a little annoying.
I was only on my phone when we were in the queue for the ride. So it gave me something to do if there was a little bit of a wait. Not a big deal.

I think the part that is so frustrating is having to be so competitive for things like dining, rides, extras, that make it so frustrating. Especially for people who are laid back and don't necessarily have that drive in them. If it was something like entering a sweepstakes for a free vacation... i would be competitive all day long! lol
But dishing out all this money and maybe getting the experiences i want... on vacation... kinda hurts the soul a little...

But hey.... i still do it. 🤷‍♀️ lol glutton for punishment.
That's why the majority of other parks don't make ride skips available to everyone

Personally I think they should let those who want to book their first one a week ahead of time. Leave the rest as is. I would also get rid of stacking. Limit it to holding 2 LL at one time.

I think one thing that would help is if not every ride had Lightning Lanes, like at Disneyland. I think customers become dissatisfied when they can't get LL for the rides that they want or when they use an LL on Figment, arrive, and see there is practically no line anyway. It was one thing when that was free, but paying for it sort of requires that you get some value out of it.

I think one thing that would help is if not every ride had Lightning Lanes, like at Disneyland. I think customers become dissatisfied when they can't get LL for the rides that they want or when they use an LL on Figment, arrive, and see there is practically no line anyway. It was one thing when that was free, but paying for it sort of requires that you get some value out of it.
I think rides like Peter Pan's Flight (hot take, I know) and Winnie the Pooh shouldn't have LL. Their standby lines are atrocious now. Pooh surprised me in that aspect but I've done that ride in standby and it moves so painfully slow due to the Lightning Lane. PPF straight up isn't ride able unless you have a LL reservation or are attending an after hours event/holiday party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter