Rumored Changes to G+

Where is tiering “rumored”? By the all the people making up scenarios on this thread? MK was never tiered with FP+. They effectively created new “tiers” by adding 2 ILL

Where is tiering “rumored”? By the all the people making up scenarios on this thread? MK was never tiered with FP+. They effectively created new “tiers” by adding 2 ILL rides.
Len saw the plans. He confirmed they had tiers, including MK

Not sure i follow this? We dont go to the parks until 4pm....This is exactly what stacking is.....We book SDD for 6pm at 7am and then stack other rides for later and just modify then to later times if they are times we dont like when we book

We do the same. Last week when it was packed we still had LL for sdd,tot,mmrr,tsm,mfsm,st. As well as ILL for rise. We also rode rise at the end of the night. The only ride we didn’t go on was alien saucer. We got to the park about 5, as well as had dinner, and watched the movie magic projection (waiting about half hour for it to start).

So stacking for us works perfectly, even when busy. We got to do everything at a leisurely pace too.

We do the same. Last week when it was packed we still had LL for sdd,tot,mmrr,tsm,mfsm,st. As well as ILL for rise. We also rode rise at the end of the night. The only ride we didn’t go on was alien saucer. We got to the park about 5, as well as had dinner, and watched the movie magic projection (waiting about half hour for it to start).

So stacking for us works perfectly, even when busy. We got to do everything at a leisurely pace too.
Agree......Its awesome........I would never pay for Genie+ if it had Tiers and you only got 1 Tier 1 ride and had to use all 3 before making another selection

I was referring to the user who said that genie plus is not far inferior. Of course it is, but it is also much cheaper. you and only you can decide what is best for you, cost/benefit vs benefits regardless of cost. That what I was referring to .
Agree 100%

Personally I would never pay for EP, I would pay for a room that includes it.
I spend way more time at Universal and I have no doubt EP is better - and I miss it when I don't have it - but I wont pay that price for it.

I did pay for G+ every day, I was not happy about it, but it was an amount I could at least justify.
At $50 without better options IDK....not sure id pay more than $25 for it...Id also never knowingly go at a time where it is busy enough to charge more than 25 for it

Slightly off topic: We used standby lines several times in the past few days. The wait times were within +/- 5 minutes. The rumor that Disney greatly inflates wait times to  sell Genie+ is not true. I agree they may increase wait time before park closure to discourage guests from lingering. Otherwise it's all good.

Slightly off topic: We used standby lines several times in the past few days. The wait times were within +/- 5 minutes. The rumor that Disney greatly inflates wait times to  sell Genie+ is not true. I agree they may increase wait time before park closure to discourage guests from lingering. Otherwise it's all good.
They've been inflating times for years even under FP+ and it's been well talked about. Sometimes it's more this ride or that ride. Sometimes it's not malice inflation but the way they are tracking how long it takes (they used to do the placards).

It's usually more apparent at park closure but happens throughout the day. I tracked heavily on our 2017 (5 days in the park) and 2022 (7 days in the parks) trips and they showed a lot of variance over the days with the standby time listed and the actual wait. To an extent this also happened in DLR on both our 2019 trips (3 park days each).

One of the more egregious ones in 2022 was Jungle Cruise which had staggering wait times listed (one screenshot I have is 110 mins) and while I'm sure it actually did have long waits at times based on the queue it probably didn't have that badly. It did however not make me get in line even if it was close to that. One of the times it was listed as 25 mins as we walked up, then right as we entered the line 35 mins right around MK fireworks and it took 14 mins. That may not seem like a big deal but it was less than half the time.

It's really a circular argument here but just because you say "it's all good" doesn't really make it true. I tracked exactly the the minute I got in line and tracked until I got on the attraction (or pre-show).

Once FP+ came around things like having large groups of people through that line does impact it. Genie+ has even more favoring towards those in that line. Largely these days that's going to be what causes your wait times to be wildly off. If you're not experiencing it likely means better ratio is being done and/or less crowds to deal with. FWIW my DISer friends (that live in Orlando now) are there with their out of town parents and they went to Epcot yesterday saying it was deader than dead (surprising for Spring Break). They parked in the 2nd row at 11am from what they said.

It's really a circular argument here but just because you say "it's all good" doesn't really make it true.
We usually don't use standby lines, but since the posted wait times have been very reasonable in the past few days, we decided to give them a try. We found the actual wait times to be similar to what were posted. Disney could have inflated the time to sell Genie+ if they wanted to.

It is all good to us! Suspicious people who have the needs to "expose" Disney can continue to track the actual vs posted time.

We usually don't use standby lines, but since the posted wait times have been very reasonable in the past few days, we decided to give them a try. We found the actual wait times to be similar to what were posted. Disney could have inflated the time to sell Genie+ if they wanted to.

It is all good to us! Suspicious people who have the needs to "expose" Disney can continue to track the actual vs posted time.
I will say from my experience that the posted times matching the actual wait times is very rare. TP Lines app is far more reliable (it’s, literally, never let me down) than MDE or the time posted at the ride. I may have purchased a lottery ticket if I had been in your position!

For our family, EP is vastly superior to Genie+. Mainly for how we tour the parks. We don't really care about meet and greets, shows or parades. We go to parks to ride attractions. EP allows us to do it much easier than Genie+. With EP we can ride The Mummy 11 times in 3 days and the Hulk 6 times in 3 days.

We too have found the posted wait times to be about as advertised. Especially March of this year and 2022. I don’t really remember 100% our trip in 2019 and before but do seem to remember 2019 also being pretty much close.

I will say the only times it may be inflated is end of night and maybe a half hour after open (but I think that’s more just guessing where the line will end up). End of night we haven’t had quite as much luck as others say they have, although it is much better and. It usually near as long as posted.

This trip TT said 50 at 840 and it was about spot on. Rise said 45 4 minutes before closing and it took 35. Although FOP said 90 at 725 and it only took 45.

I still get in line at the end of the night because it’s not usually what’s posted, but I never have walk on/close to walk on luck.

I will say from my experience that the posted times matching the actual wait times is very rare. TP Lines app is far more reliable (it’s, literally, never let me down) than MDE or the time posted at the ride. I may have purchased a lottery ticket if I had been in your position!
100% agree.....The posted times NEVER match the actual times......Just look at the Lines app right now and there's not one single ride that is the same as posted

This is real time, live actual data

100% agree.....The posted times NEVER match the actual times......Just look at the Lines app right now and there's not one single ride that is the same as posted

This is real time, live actual data
You would be amazed how much shorter the actual wait could be than posted if you use the stop watch app on your phone. There are times I think I am waiting 30 mins and its been 12 mins

You would be amazed how much shorter the actual wait could be than posted if you use the stop watch app on your phone. There are times I think I am waiting 30 mins and its been 12 mins
Touring plans has the actual timed wait times with people in the line........Have you ever used Len's Lines App?

Every time i go i use it so i can provide real time data for Liners

It is also a stop watch

it is far inferior because you need to be proactive with reservations, you might not be able to ride all rides you want, etc..

EP is way way better, because you can ride ANY RIDE, ANY TIME, WHATEVER time you want. however, it is way way more expensive than genie plus.

If you mean "genie plus might have a better cost/benefit, than I agree with you. However, service per service, not considering the cost, EP is way better, hands down.
Since we can't actually quantitatively define what constitutes 'far inferior', we'll just agree that we have different views on the benefits and detriments of the 2 systems! I've used both over the years, and they both have pros and cons. And just to be accurate, EP doesn't include all rides, just most, so not ANY RIDE. And if people get the single-use EP, it means ANY TIME is not completely accurate either. No question, EP is simpler to understand and use.....

Pros and cons. And like I said, we have a like-dislike relationship with both!

Heres a great example of right now on the posted vs actual wait times (from people that are in line real time right now)

HM says 50 mins and it's only 12........Small World 45 mins and it's only 21...........Jungle Cruise posted 50 mins vs 37 actual

Posted times are wrong probably 99% of the time

1710944020320.png

Last edited:
Since we can't actually quantitatively define what constitutes 'far inferior', we'll just agree that we have different views on the benefits and detriments of the 2 systems! I've used both over the years, and they both have pros and cons. And just to be accurate, EP doesn't include all rides, just most, so not ANY RIDE. And if people get the single-use EP, it means ANY TIME is not completely accurate either. No question, EP is simpler to understand and use.....

Pros and cons. And like I said, we have a like-dislike relationship with both!

you can use EP at 99% of rides according to their own website. the only ride you can't use currently is:
  • Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure™
The fine print also says you can use AT ANY TIME During operating hours of the park. If you have a valid EP, you are good to go.
It won't "sell out" for specific rides like genie plus does regularly (slinky dog, tower of terror, etc)
you don't need to buy extra ILL like with genie plus.
you don't need to be looking for rides and times that work for your party while glued to your phone.

So yes, EP is FAR superior in any way other than the price.

Last edited:
Heres a great example of right now on the posted vs actual wait times (from people that are in line real time right now)

HM says 50 mins and it's only 12........Small World 45 mins and it's only 21...........

Posted times are wrong probably 99% of the time

View attachment 843469
And this is that 'Len's Lines App' you referenced earlier?

I can not tell any longer how Disney approximates their wait times. What I'm looking at from your snapshot of the app seems to make more sense, if people are interacting with the app feeding info while waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter