Rumors & News Forum Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WebmasterCorey

Thanks for the help here. I do have a question.

There's a thread moved called Rumor: FP (or virtual queue) return

It was moved to Home > Forums > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Everything FastPass+

If I go to TPAS, I don't see a subforum called Everything FastPass+. If I click on the actual thread above from within Rumors and News, it does bring me there but it doesn't allow new posts into the thread.

I'm not sure why this thread was moved somewhere that doesn't allow additional posts. Hopefully there aren't many other threads here that got moved to some sort of DISboards Never Never land.

@WebmasterCorey

Thanks for the help here. I do have a question.

There's a thread moved called Rumor: FP (or virtual queue) return

It was moved to Home > Forums > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Everything FastPass+

If I go to TPAS, I don't see a subforum called Everything FastPass+. If I click on the actual thread above from within Rumors and News, it does bring me there but it doesn't allow new posts into the thread.

I'm not sure why this thread was moved somewhere that doesn't allow additional posts. Hopefully there aren't many other threads here that got moved to some sort of DISboards Never Never land.

I'm looking

Okay, everyone, I know yesterday was disappointing but they are taking the steps to correct it. I for one do appreciate that. I think they just didn't realize what a close-knit gorup they had here. It's okay and I believe they are working in good faith. Let's not make it hard for them. I hope everyone will continue to hang out with the threads being reopened. 🙂
This. It seems like @WebmasterCorey has heard our thoughts and is making adjustments. I'm thankful for that. How many times are consumer requests and complaints actually acted on? Let's give credit where it is due. I didn't like what happened yesterday any more than most people here, but I do like, and appreciate, that our opinions were heard, and adjustments to the plan were, and continue, to be made. It's now up to us to keep this community moving in the right direction, a challenge without Rteetz for sure, but one that it looks like Disboards is willing to let us take on.

Just a suggestion; For a while I posted on the Teton Gravity forums (skiing, adventure sports related). They have a topic there called "Padded Room" where everything goes - no moderation. That was BY FAR the most popular and well-used part of the message board. NOT SAYING there shouldn't be moderation, but sometimes here...it's a bit much. Lots of closed threads, lots of threads being moved, not to mention the points system...anyway...

Look I get it. The mods do a lot of work and it's thankless. I appreciate it. I think we all do. The mods want the message boards to look and feel a certain way and it works - it really does. Just sometimes...less is more?

Just a suggestion; For a while I posted on the Teton Gravity forums (skiing, adventure sports related). They have a topic there called "Padded Room" where everything goes - no moderation. That was BY FAR the most popular and well-used part of the message board. NOT SAYING there shouldn't be moderation, but sometimes here...it's a bit much. Lots of closed threads, lots of threads being moved, not to mention the points system...anyway...

Look I get it. The mods do a lot of work and it's thankless. I appreciate it. I think we all do. The mods want the message boards to look and feel a certain way and it works - it really does. Just sometimes...less is more?

I just posted a new thread. This forum now self-moderated.

WOW, did anyone actually look at the redirected threads before moving them. This place is decimated.

I believe the webmasters and admins have done a great disservice here. Cory, I see you are trying to make it right and I commend you for this. However, it never should have happened in the first place, especially without notification to the users here. You have to remember, I like this board more than many of the others out there but this board isn't the only game in town.

I really don't know what happened here but to say I'm extremely disappointed is an understatement.

Site management can certainly cause good mods to leave, but so can life changes. I certainly hope it's the latter. (This is coming from a current moderator on a Jeep Forum and no, I don't want it here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter