Run times for 5K....please help a newbie

Docmom

Mouseketeer
We're doing our first 5K next week at WDW. The runDisney site says you have to run at a 16 minute per mile pace or less. How strict are they about that? Does that take into account photo / water stops so it's really a bit more? I have some health issues and am at about 18 minutes per mile walking now but don't want to get picked up by the "slow bus" :rotfl2: Thanks!

We're doing our first 5K next week at WDW. The runDisney site says you have to run at a 16 minute per mile pace or less. How strict are they about that? Does that take into account photo / water stops so it's really a bit more? I have some health issues and am at about 18 minutes per mile walking now but don't want to get picked up by the "slow bus" :rotfl2: Thanks!
The 5K is pretty relaxed. However I have heard of them starting to cut off character lines for those at the end. You should be okay but don't drop too far below that mark.

Thanks! We weren't planning on hitting any of the character lines unless we were really doing a good pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter