Run w/ me to the Princess 1/2 Marathon 2012

I modifed my training program this week - I am stopping the 1/2 marathon training and switching to a Jeff Galloway's 10K training program. Since my first 10K is June 5th, I though this might be a better plan for me. The mileage doesn't increase as fast as the 1/2 marathon plan did and I think this will help me stay more motivated and more at a little slower pace. I didn't start at week 1 of the 10K plan, but where my current long run mileage was at, which was 5 miles. So this week my long run will be 5 miles, then it goes to 6 and 6 then 7 then back to 3.5 before the 10K. This isn't near as daunting to me as the 1/2 program was. I feel more confident about this plan than I did before, as I was doubting my abilities to run more.

I also decided not to do the 1/2 marathon in June, so my for first 1/2 won't be until the Philadelphia Rock 'n Roll 1/2 in Philadelphia in September.

Once I complete the 10K, then I will start back in with the training for the 1/2 marathon.

Well, I'm excited anyway - on Thursday night I signed up to run the Hershey 1/2 Marathon with my local Team in Training.

I went to the informational meeting and was hooked - I thoroughly enjoyed their presentation and loved the running coaches. I think this is just what I need - a training plan on how to get to the start line and across the finish line. I am looking forward to meeting other runners like me and having a support team to train with.

Our kick off meeting is May 31st - can't wait - training should start around July 1st!

I have committed to raise $1000.00 for the Leukemia and Lymphona Society - if anyone is interested in helping me out, please PM me and I will send you the link to my fundraising page!

I don't know if I mentioned this before or not, but I am daily scale watcher - now I know I shouldn't do this, that you should only weigh once a week, but I do it every morning at the same time wearing the same thing. I am able to keep it in perspective and it really seems to help me stay on track.

Well this morning - I saw the number that I have been waiting to see for weeks - 199.4 :banana::banana: Woo Hoo - I am under 200 pounds for the first time in about 3 years.

I have set a new goal for my weight loss and that is to have lost 50 pounds by June 1st - I have 11.4 pounds to go - let's see if I make it!! (and yes I know, I shouldn't set a date goal with my weight loss either, but with this one, I am :laughing::laughing:

Tammy congrats to you! That is awesome.I am a daily weigher too-I believe it does keep you more focused.

NYC was ok guess I am just not a huge fan of the chaos.I love quaint areas like Ogunquit Me.That is my fav.We did go into M&M but the crowd was too crazy to stand in line.

Oh well saved some calories anyway.

Linda

Congrats on getting to onederland! :cheer2: I hope to be there myself one day!

Thanks Amanda!

Tammy congrats to you! That is awesome.I am a daily weigher too-I believe it does keep you more focused.

NYC was ok guess I am just not a huge fan of the chaos.I love quaint areas like Ogunquit Me.That is my fav.We did go into M&M but the crowd was too crazy to stand in line.

Oh well saved some calories anyway.

Linda

Linda - NYC is a crazy place - my DH won't go with us - he just doesn't like all the hustle and bustle. M&M was nuts last week, but I can imagine with the holiday this weekend it was insane.

Did you know that you have to walk the length of one football field to burn off the calories in one M&M - so you did good!

Yesterday my DD's and I were set to run our 4th 5K run - it was a benefit for the Alzheimer's Association.

The weather was terrible - cold and pouring down rain - now I'm afraid this is a bad omen for me - this is my 4th 5k and the 3rd one that it has rained for, so maybe I shouldn't be running :confused3

Anyway, we started at 8:00am and I got right into the grove of my slow jog - my plan was to run one mile, take a walk break, run one mile, take a walk break, then finish the run. Well I was doing so well - maintaining a 14min mile (which for me is good), I wasn't tired or out of breath, I was feeling good. There were even some hills that I mananged to jog up. I made it to the 1/2 point, turned around and headed back. I was about 3/4 of mile til the finished when I planted my right foot and felt a crack/pop on the outside of my foot. Now I have problems with plantar facitities in the past and the pop has been on the bottom of my heel, this pain is on the side of my foot, so I don't know if its a stress fracture or something else. I managed to limp to the fininsh line in tears and in so much pain I thought I was going to die. Luckily my DD's came back to run to the fininsh with me or I don't think I would have made it.

I am so upset - I keep thinking that maybe I shouldn't be running and that this is too much for me. I will be calling the Dr in the morning. I can hardly walk, it hurts so much! I've icing it all day and taking Aleve, and trying to stretch it.

Anyway on a good note - my middle DD won her age group (15-19) and my youngest came in 2nd in her age group (14 and under). So for them it was a good day!

Stay tuned, I'll let you know what the DR says tomorrow!

Happy Easter Everyone!

Here is a picture of my DD's with their medals from Saturday's 5k run - can you tell how proud I am of them!

100_3427.jpg

Kaitlyn won the 15-19 year old age group and Brenna came in 2nd in the 14 and under age group! Way to go girls!!

Hi Tammy,

Thank you for your thread. You are doing a great job, and I love reading your progress.

I hope your foot is okay! Please tell us what the doctor says.

I am a very newbie -- but I plan on doing the Princess next year. Plus, I want to do the Tinkerbell as well - just so I could get the coast to coast medal. It is such a far stretch dream goal.

Good luck - and I hope to run along with you next year!

Melody

It's official - I fractured the 5th metatarsal bone in my right foot. I am the proud new owner of a black, very ugly, very hot and very uncomfortable boot. Yes, it is mine for the next 6-8 weeks as my foot heels.

To say that I am disappointed is a understatment - I am crushed - but I am trying to keep it all in perspective because in the grand scheme of life - this is a just minor set back. The doctor told me to expect it to take up to 6 months to heel. I'm hoping that it doesn't take that long - and that it heels faster, but he wasn't too optimistic - apparently the 5th bone, the one on the outside, takes the longest to heel - just my luck!

So in the meantime, I need to focus my energy on losing weight without exercise. I am allowed to do the elipitical, cycle and swim - just no pounding. I tried the elipitical this morning, but the pain was just a little too much.

At least the princess isn't til February, but this puts a damper on my September and October plans!

Tammy I am so sorry to hear that but at least it should be off before summer really gets going.

September and October should be ok?

Linda

Linda,

Honestly, I just don't know. 8 weeks would be June 19th - but that's being positive and hoping that it heels quickly. I have read that the outside bone is the hardest to heel because of the stress on it. Guess then at that point I will have start over at the beginning.

I'm trying to remain positive, but its really hard, I will just have to wait and see. I have to come up with some type of exercise plan though, because I am eating way toooo much and not doing a thing. I would love to start swimming laps, but I have to join the local gym to do that and they require a one year committment and I already have a gym membership at another gym!! Oh my, such problems :)

Oh Tammy sorry to hear all this.I am a mover too and it would be very frustrating for me too-lets keep our fingers crossed.

Linda

Weight Watchers Update - I was finally able to get back to my regular Staurday meeting after missing the entire month of April and having to weigh in on Tuesday mornings at another meeting. I was so happy to get back to my meeting, my wonderful leader and the ladies in the group. I did come out of the meeting re-energized and with some good ideas on how to shake up my daily eating.

Well sad to say that in a little over 2 weeks I gained 5.2 pounds - not sure how that is possible, that's 17,500 calories extra that I ate to gain those 5 pounds, but I guess the scale doesn't lie.

We went to a picnic today and of course I ate entirely too much and WAY to many desserts. Someone brought these cookie type things called "yummy bars" - oatmeal, chocolate and pb and man they were YUMMY - I could have eaten the entire pan. I was so full, I didn't eat the rest of the day!

Oh well, on to a new month tomorrow and a new beginning!

Ok, I am ready for the month of April to be OVER!!!

This month has been a total bust for me:

* I fracture the outside bone in my foot last Saturday - can't exercise, no running for 6-8 weeks (I am so upset over this - I was doing so good with my training), this injury has sent me into a eating frenzy

*I weigh 2.2 pounds more today than April 1st - have played with the same 5 pounds all month - up and down

*Did not have one week were I was on program with Weight Watchers - some good days, but more bad days eating too much. I am an all or nothing type person - once I go off track, I stay off track the rest of the day - self sabotage at its best.

*and entirely too much rain - not mention the small tornado that went through our town on Thursday (scary for us, I can't imagine what it was like in Alabama - praying for them).

Thank you for letting me get all that off me chest - I have been tempted so many times this month to throw in the towel, but I have come too far to do that, so tomorrow morning is MAY 1st - I am counting my blessings, erasing the past and my mistakes and moving into a new month with a new attitude.

Here's to May - it's going to be a better month!

So I made it through week one with no running - it has been tough - I see people running everywhere I go - it really does make me appreciate what I have and that my foot will heel and that I will be able to join them at some point. Being in this boot has really slowed me down, but at least it is only temporary, and not something that I have to live with for the rest of life.

I joined a new gym yesterday that has a pool. I spent about 30 minutes in the pool doing laps and water jogging. It felt good to get some exercise in, just not sure how beneficial it was. I was reading on the internet about people who do water running actually improve their times - I just don't know if I was doing it right or not - it seemed kinda silly to me, thankfully I was alone in the pool. the gym also offers water aerobics so I plan to do that 3-4 times a week.

This morning I am going to the gym to do the ellipitical and strength training as well as some ab work that I really need. I going to try to do the ellipitcal with my boot on - how do you think that will work???? I'll let you know!

Thanks for following along...

:thumbsup2

Glad to hear that you found an alternative at the gym. I hope you enjoy the water aerobic classes.

Take care!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter