Running costumes

Hmmm.... Maybe a thin turtleneck under layer with a costumed tee/tank over it? When you say HOT, are you talking 80s or 60s? I am in Ohio so 70 in the winter counts as warm :)

You guys are not kidding. I just googled it, and it looks like it has been everywhere between 30 degrees to 82 :)

As of the last I checked, the weather for the weekend is supposed to be highs in the mid-70s and lows in the mid-50s, which is pretty manageable running weather.
That said ... weather forecasts in Florida are completely unreliable until a few days before the event (then they become only somewhat unreliable), so I'd say to consider possible alternatives for your costume.
For example, for the 10K, I'm planning to wear a long sleeve shirt with a tank top underneath (I run in long sleeves in almost all weather just because I tend to be always cold). That outfit is good for high 40's to low 70's. If it's colder than that, the tank top will switch to a long-sleeve base layer. If it's in the mid-70's or higher, my plan is to find a short-sleeve or half-sleeve shirt that goes with my costume. Layering is your friend here, and just have an idea of what you'll do if the weather changes unexpectedly.

Hmmm.... Maybe a thin turtleneck under layer with a costumed tee/tank over it? When you say HOT, are you talking 80s or 60s? I am in Ohio so 70 in the winter counts as warm :)

You guys are not kidding. I just googled it, and it looks like it has been everywhere between 30 degrees to 82 :)
I'm also from Ohio. Trust me, it was hot.

As of the last I checked, the weather for the weekend is supposed to be highs in the mid-70s and lows in the mid-50s, which is pretty manageable running weather.
That said ... weather forecasts in Florida are completely unreliable until a few days before the event (then they become only somewhat unreliable), so I'd say to consider possible alternatives for your costume.
For example, for the 10K, I'm planning to wear a long sleeve shirt with a tank top underneath (I run in long sleeves in almost all weather just because I tend to be always cold). That outfit is good for high 40's to low 70's. If it's colder than that, the tank top will switch to a long-sleeve base layer. If it's in the mid-70's or higher, my plan is to find a short-sleeve or half-sleeve shirt that goes with my costume. Layering is your friend here, and just have an idea of what you'll do if the weather changes unexpectedly.

Brilliant analysis :) Now, the hard part--to pick a character!

Even though I am always cold, and I'm from California, I have found I absolutely hate being hot when I run. I have found running sleeves to be my answer for this. So I wear a tank, running sleeves, and a "throw-away" hoodie for waiting in the corrals.

Floridian here. It's been unseasonably warm this year (today was mid-80s); usually we've had a couple cool/cold snaps by now and only a teensy one so far this winter. Just did a tempo run and was HOT for this time of year which worries me for marathon weekend. I'm slightly SE of Orlando, but we have something central FL doesn't have: seabreezes. Of course, a lot can change in the next few weeks, so as @Ariel484 said, plan for any and all conditions. As for me, my race costumes are currently tank-based because I can add sleeves and/or base layers under. I prefer arm sleeves over a long-sleeved shirt if at all possible because they're easier to remove.

My Nemo-Inspired Outfit:
upload_2015-12-20_20-34-29.png
(sorry about the lighting, it has to do with the differences in light between my bedroom and my closet and I was too lazy to find a mirror in a room with more consistent lighting ... also, sorry about the really dirty mirror and the fact that I look like a headless Nemo. This is what happens when I take pictures at 7 AM)

I'm running the Darkside in April. Was wondering what the ruling would be on carrying Rey's staff, from the Force Awakens, around Disney? People have walking sticks, selfie sticks etc and I was wondering if I would be allowed to carry it around. Disney sells lightsabers, same thing right? How many people run with props and how did it work out?

I'm running the Darkside in April. Was wondering what the ruling would be on carrying Rey's staff, from the Force Awakens, around Disney? People have walking sticks, selfie sticks etc and I was wondering if I would be allowed to carry it around. Disney sells lightsabers, same thing right? How many people run with props and how did it work out?

My husband ran as Deadpool at W&D in November with the crossed-sword backpack and all that. Nobody gave him any static (this was before the "new" park rules), but he said he'd never do it again. I think it was part because the race stunk and mostly because MarathonFoto never got good pictures of him in his costume, so he felt like it was a waste.

My silver Minnie idea fell through when I couldn't find flattering pieces, though the shirt I originally bought makes nice pjs. Just not right material or shape for running.
But I was gifted a Minnie skirt and shoe bows so I bought a hat to complete the look. I'm bringing shorts, capris, long pants and a long sleeve shirt for all weather scenarios. I'm hoping for shorts as its cutest that way.
I'm a sparkle athletic person so I hope you all on team sparkle skirt don't want to fight me sharks and jets style. Haha
If the pic doesn't make it clear...my skirt is bedazzled. I'm toying with idea of bedazzling my hat but haven't decided.
image.jpg

Agreed - I am in both sparkle camps. I love the SA visors in particular (and I have SA leg sleeves and skirts), but can't get enough of the SS pockets. Plus, both companies seem to have great people running (no pun intended) them. :)

Agreed - I am in both sparkle camps. I love the SA visors in particular (and I have SA leg sleeves and skirts), but can't get enough of the SS pockets. Plus, both companies seem to have great people running (no pun intended) them. :)

Yes! This! I LOVE the pockets. And let's be real, the price.

View attachment 142675
Who's your friend that likes to play?

I just need to finish striping the tail. ( In case the rules change this isn't a costume. It's just my afternoon running attire.)

I showed my husband because that is an awesome costume and he said "at first I thought he was dressed as a Christmas tree". I had to do a double-take, haha

I showed my husband because that is an awesome costume and he said "at first I thought he was dressed as a Christmas tree". I had to do a double-take, haha

I think a Christmas tree costume would be really itchy. If I was gonna do that I'd need to have a functioning monorail running around the bottom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter