SAB eats feet and swimsuit butts!

epcotitis

Mouseketeer
Was it just me or does SAB consume the bottom of your feet? I hate wearing dorky water shoes but our feet were so sore after one day of swimming that it was difficult to walk. I tried to search for a thread on this but didn't find one.
All the POFQ people staying at YC/BC should know about this and plan accordingly.

The sand on the bottom of SAB has larger granules than standard beach sand. I didn't find it corse at all and was easier on my feet than normal concrete pool bottoms.

Been there done that! I'm short and have to boob on my toes in some deeper area's, at SAB and the tip of my toes are always cut up! like little razors! Be-ware the the sharp sand monsters. ;)

MKY :D

I prefer to think of it as "a pedicure buffing"! My feet feel great after walking in that sand, it is like using a loofah sponge. LOL

Originally posted by MermaidsMom
I prefer to think of it as "a pedicure buffing"! My feet feel great after walking in that sand, it is like using a loofah sponge. LOL

LMAO!!! another benefit of SAB ;)

SAB also eats the butt of your bathing suit! All those rocks around the perimeter of the pools that make it look "natural" made my brand new suit all pulled. I guess this is just one of the traumas we have to endure to enjoy SAB!

You are so right! I forgot about that part. Figures, forget about my biggest part!:rolleyes:
;) :) :)Butt...I can't see it

On our September trip, I kept going down the slide over and over again. I was wearing a two piece swimsuit that hooked in the back. When we got back to our room at the end of the day, the band of my swim suit was almost completely worn away around the hook. I think if I went down the slide one more time, I would have put on quite a show for for the people around the pool! :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by KCritter
When we got back to our room at the end of the day, the band of my swim suit was almost completely worn away around the hook. I think if I went down the slide one more time, I would have put on quite a show for for the people around the pool! :eek: :eek:

Eyecrazy.gif
smileybreasts.gif

I LOVED walking around in the "sand" I thaught it felt GREAT on my feet. BUT now that you mention it my neice and I BOTH "stubbed" our toes in the deeper area and that HURT!!! I dont know WHY they would make it that rough :(

But the sand was like a little massage :)

Is it loose material, or a sandpaper like coating on a hard surface?

(I haven't been to the Beach Club)

I once skinned my elbow on the rough sandpaper-like floor surface of the large pool at Typhoon Lagoon where the big waves come through. The wave knocked me down and I landed on my elbows.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Remember that part of SAB was going to have fish when it was first built! That was a long time ago and it did not work out. I asked a lifeguard about it and he said it was too hard to control the water "environment" with yukky people coming in and out... Anyway, I thought maybe the rough part of the pool was intended as the "aquarium" -- it sure seems like parts of that pool were NOT designed with people (or toes) in mind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter