Sailing the Ocean Blue...October 6, 2012 Eastern Fantasy

We had a wonderful time on the ship but were so disappointed that we didn't get to meet anyone. We kept penciling in meets but the baby continually made other plans for us. So I looked & looked for green bracelets but never spied a single one :(.

I noticed when I was delivering gifts that one of you had a Hunger Games magnet on the door with the family names on it. I really wanted to meet you since I worked on that movie. I was supposed to work on the second one but they moved filming to Atlanta. That was fortunate for me since I was then able to go on the cruise with no problem.

We had one of our FEs stolen so we took the other one down. Our host said he was spreading the word that someone was stealing FEs on the ship. Did this happen to anyone else?

The FE gifts were fantastic. So many special birthday touches for me & wonderful gifts for the little one. We were all blown away by the creativity & the variety of ideas. You are a generous bunch of DISers!

We booked a holiday cruise for next year. This time it should be easier to meet people. But maybe we talked to some of you onboard without realizing who you were. We were the old couple toting a 1-yr-old around along with a pink polka-dotted tote. And if you ever saw a baby climbing the atrium stairs over & over & over, that was probably her. I get tired all over again just thinking about it :)

I'll keep checking this thread to read your comments about the cruise. Would love to hear your highs & lows.

PS to BigRed: DH broke down & wore a suit. You would be proud :)

My daughters loved the Hunger Games - yes that was their magnets. We did not make it to any of the meets but did have our lime green bracelets and our black bracelets on the entire cruise but the formal night.
We loved all of our FE gifts - the best part is going thru them all when we got home.
My girls would have loved to hear all about the making of the movie - :cool1:

I too have enjoyed looking through my FE gifts again since I returned home and putting them to use. That is the FIRST thing my dd13 did when she got home.
I'm glad to see that everyone enjoyed their cruise and is booked again for next year. We did not rebook. However, we did find out more info on DVC. I am now planning for my WDW trip next October. We are going to stay at Animation Resort and going to the MNSSHP for the first time:yay: While we love DCL, my dh and I are more WDW fans. We are looking into DVC more next fall when our finances our better:thumbsup2

I too have enjoyed looking through my FE gifts again since I returned home and putting them to use. That is the FIRST thing my dd13 did when she got home.
I'm glad to see that everyone enjoyed their cruise and is booked again for next year. We did not rebook. However, we did find out more info on DVC. I am now planning for my WDW trip next October. We are going to stay at Animation Resort and going to the MNSSHP for the first time:yay: While we love DCL, my dh and I are more WDW fans. We are looking into DVC more next fall when our finances our better:thumbsup2

If you have any DVC questions, please let me know. We love being DVC Members and are going to take advantage of the annual passes the include the water parks for almost a $300 savings, these have to be purchased before the end of December, but do not have to be activated until the end of 2013. The also have other promotions as well, but I do not know if they are the same as on the cruise.

Hope everyone got home safely, we didn't get to meet everyone but got to sat hi a few times to the green bracelet brigade : ) We got so many creative gifts thanks to everyone, the best part was arriving back at the stateroom finding pockets filled, DD2 took great delighted in checking if Santa had been! Still wearing those brackets here at WDW we head home on Saturday : ( A big thumbs down to the FE's that went missing, hope all those gifts were received.

Stuck back at work. Reading the posts and dreaming of the Fantasy. Thanks to all for the wonderful gifts, I will definitely have to step it up next time. Don't know when I'm cruising again. Hope all are well. Thanks again.

Thanks to everyone for the FE gifts. Even though we are veteran cruises we had multiple things happen that had never happened before but we persisted. First thing was we missed our flight on the way to FL on Saturday. Next available flight wold not have gotten us to Orlando in time to make he cruise. The frustration was the plane sat at he gate at least 15 mins before it pushed back and we weren't the only family left behind. An agent from one of the other airlines saw how distressed we were and took it upon herself to search on her personal cell phones to see where she could fly us to get us there in time. She saved our vacation. We had left her podium in search of another option and she came to find us because she found a flight that was leaving in 20 mins for Jacksonville and than we drove from there to Orlando and than to the ship for $1000 but it was better than missing the cruise all together. Stop in Orlando was for two reasons. My luggage was there, as well as my DD and DSIL. To save time we were trying to find out if DD could get our luggage so we wouldn't have to do that when we got there. After three calls and 2 NOs we found someone and they took the information and said they would turn the luggage over to my DD. The important part is we got there in time. Ship is beautiful and at first I thought I prefer the classic ships but the jury is out. I think I will need to do a few more cruises to see :).

Thanks to everyone for the FE gifts. Even though we are veteran cruises we had multiple things happen that had never happened before but we persisted. First thing was we missed our flight on the way to FL on Saturday. Next available flight wold not have gotten us to Orlando in time to make he cruise. The frustration was the plane sat at he gate at least 15 mins before it pushed back and we weren't the only family left behind. An agent from one of the other airlines saw how distressed we were and took it upon herself to search on her personal cell phones to see where she could fly us to get us there in time. She saved our vacation. We had left her podium in search of another option and she came to find us because she found a flight that was leaving in 20 mins for Jacksonville and than we drove from there to Orlando and than to the ship for $1000 but it was better than missing the cruise all together. Stop in Orlando was for two reasons. My luggage was there, as well as my DD and DSIL. To save time we were trying to find out if DD could get our luggage so we wouldn't have to do that when we got there. After three calls and 2 NOs we found someone and they took the information and said they would turn the luggage over to my DD. The important part is we got there in time. Ship is beautiful and at first I thought I prefer the classic ships but the jury is out. I think I will need to do a few more cruises to see :).

OMG I am so sorry that you had to deal with this....I am glad that it finally worked out for you, but geeze I cannot imagine how stressful that must have been. If had known you went through all of this I would have left you a bottle of booze..

I am so sorry to hear about your incidents prior to the cruise. Something similiar to that happened on our honeymoon but it didn't involve a cruise ship so we would not have been out as much but, I still empathize with you. I'm glad everything turned out well. You definitely deserved your vacation after that. Hope it was restful after all of the stress you had:)

We had one of our FEs stolen so we took the other one down. Our host said he was spreading the word that someone was stealing FEs on the ship. Did this happen to anyone else?

The FE gifts were fantastic. So many special birthday touches for me & wonderful gifts for the little one. We were all blown away by the creativity & the variety of ideas. You are a generous bunch of DISers!

I have heard of people having their FE's stolen but I never thought that people would actually steal someone's FE, especially on a disney cruise. Talk about COMMON. I hope you received all of your gifts. :)

The stop at Stone Mountain to see the Laser Show did not disappoint! Stone Mountain is a great weekend trip if you are near Atlanta.
Tell me more about Stone Mountain. I've heard good things about it. We may have to stop there sometime on our way to or from my dad's who just recently moved to Port Canaveral. We never have time to do anything like that when we go to disney. It's get every second of disney in that you can when we go:rotfl2: Now that my dad lives in FL, we may be able to do other stuff since we still won't be able to afford disney everytime we go plus time is limited when we try to do disney on fall and spring breaks.
How'd you like coming back to this Tennessee weather?

Stuck back at work. Reading the posts and dreaming of the Fantasy. Thanks to all for the wonderful gifts, I will definitely have to step it up next time. Don't know when I'm cruising again. Hope all are well. Thanks again.

I'm sitting here doing the same thing you're doing. I am also going to have to step up my game next time. I had other things I was going to give as well but time ran away from me. Now that I know more about how the FE exchange works though, I can start much earlier next time:thumbsup2

Wow! Thank you for all of the truly amazing FE gifts! I was blown away! I feel like I need to step it up next time we cruise!

I so enjoyed the mixology class! I'm not gonna lie, we've made Sting Rays twice since arriving home on Monday, but they have so not turned out the same... Must be the Disney Magic on the boat! I took notes and will post recipes later, but did anyone else take them? DH is questioning my note taking!

What a great time, but it went way too fast! I honestly thought about hiding out on Castaway! Did anyone else feel like the time on that island flew by WAY too fast!

I didn't get to meet a lot of you, which bummed me out, but what a great week. We didn't re-book yet... I need to find a job first.... :earboy2:

Thank you everyone!

Wow! Thank you for all of the truly amazing FE gifts! I was blown away! I feel like I need to step it up next time we cruise!

I so enjoyed the mixology class! I'm not gonna lie, we've made Sting Rays twice since arriving home on Monday, but they have so not turned out the same... Must be the Disney Magic on the boat! I took notes and will post recipes later, but did anyone else take them? DH is questioning my note taking!

What a great time, but it went way too fast! I honestly thought about hiding out on Castaway! Did anyone else feel like the time on that island flew by WAY too fast!

I didn't get to meet a lot of you, which bummed me out, but what a great week. We didn't re-book yet... I need to find a job first.... :earboy2:

Thank you everyone!

We like the Stingray also. I did notice every time we ordered one, they would shake it. We didn't shake ours, we stirred. I did think the shaken ones were good. I have the recipe, but don't remember what size glass they used. I think it was a 4oz but not sure. Plus, the recipe they gave us was 1/2 size. Does anyone remember what type of glass it was? Best I can come up with by looking at pictures of bar glasses is a type of Pilsner glass. :confused3

This is how we made it in class, but I am going to try the Boston Shaker method....
In a 4oz (?) glass over ice,
1oz Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
1 oz Midori
In the balance of the glass,
1/2 pineapple juice
1/2 cranberry juice
Stir

Tell me more about Stone Mountain. I've heard good things about it. We may have to stop there sometime on our way to or from my dad's who just recently moved to Port Canaveral. We never have time to do anything like that when we go to disney. It's get every second of disney in that you can when we go:rotfl2: Now that my dad lives in FL, we may be able to do other stuff since we still won't be able to afford disney everytime we go plus time is limited when we try to do disney on fall and spring breaks.
How'd you like coming back to this Tennessee weather?

What can you say about our Tennessee weather.... wait a few minutes and it will change. Came home to winds like we had on CC, and low temps in the low 40's and highs the 60's and low 70's. Back to 80 today and storms tonight.... Crazy but typical!!! :crazy:

The Laser Show is a blast! (pardon the pun..) Without giving anything away, the highlight of the show for me is when they "complete" the engraving and bring it to life. I promise the hair on your neck and arms will stand up during this part of the show. However, it is about done for this year, just a couple of more weekends I think. They have already started setting up the "Snow Mountain" equipment. I recommend staying in The Stone Mountain Inn, (operated by Marriott) just across the street from the Memorial Lawn area. Otherwise, it could take a while to get out once it is over! There is lots to do beside just the Laser Show though...
Lasershow Spectacular
Snow Mountain
Stone Mountain Park

We like the Stingray also. I did notice every time we ordered one, they would shake it. We didn't shake ours, we stirred. I did think the shaken ones were good. I have the recipe, but don't remember what size glass they used. I think it was a 4oz but not sure. Plus, the recipe they gave us was 1/2 size. Does anyone remember what type of glass it was? Best I can come up with by looking at pictures of bar glasses is a type of Pilsner glass. :confused3

This is how we made it in class, but I am going to try the Boston Shaker method....
In a 4oz (?) glass over ice,
1oz Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
1 oz Midori
In the balance of the glass,
1/2 pineapple juice
1/2 cranberry juice
Stir

I will admit it I was wrong! I wish they'd give us the recipes from the class! Don't they know by the time we'd mixed and enjoyed we'd forget!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter